Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
City1884

Is it time for the fans to make their voices heard?

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not pushing for this to happen, I’m just gauging opinion.

Last week around 90% of the Foxestalk members who voted said that Puel has to go. Is it now time for that point to be made from the start of the match vs Arsenal?

The owners (almost certainly) don’t read forums, but they can’t ignore chants in the stadium.

I personally don’t advocate constantly sacking managers, but maybe this time it is actually needed.

If fan opinion is that strong, do the fans need to make that point even before we go 1-0 down? or will that just make things harder for the team on the pitch with the negativity?

Do we still need to concentrate on supporting him to try and turn things around?

Thoughts?

The teams performance rubs off on the fans.

If the team looked fired up and gave 100% against West Ham, you'd know the place would get going, we'd be chanting and backing them.

But it was dull from the off, the team didn't look like they cared so why should the fans? I think fans are just tired of what they're seeing. The lap of honour should have made a statement and I'm sure the silence is also hitting home. 

Edited by TheUltimateWinner
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, holyfox said:

BUT as is clear to see, that style has been found out.

And Puel's style was found out a few years ago, pointless possession and pedestrian passing was blitzed by an unfacied team who played low possession high energy high risk football and reaped the rewards. We are regressing to a style of football that has been redundant for a while and despite having some of the best players to exploit a quick transition we are unable to do it. This style is now so easy to defend against, especially away from home, sit deep let the home side come on to you, pack the middle force them wide and into overloading the flanks and getting players into the box, then when the cross comes in the set defensive line can usually deal with it then you have an opportunity to break. Or you press them high and force them to pass it around at the back where any mistake can lead to a good chance. We mastered it  to years ago and now it is mastering us.

We don't have to replicate the style of 2016 but we need to at least come close to replicating the energy and desire.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, holyfox said:

We're in danger of turning into the same sort of fans that we distanced ourselves from during the Title Winning Season. Yes, we have blown a lot of money and a great chance to build momentum after that season. BUT as is clear to see, that style has been found out. Let's face it, pretty much everyone of the top half teams play pressing football, but do it with some exceptional quality which we don't have. Those calling for us to go back to our old style are forgetting all the games that we have seen both Mahrez and Vardy double marked, thus nullifying that approach. We have to accept we are in transition and despite the sh*te we've seen since Jan, I'm going to support whatever the owners decide. It's their money and commitment that has allowed us to achieve what we have. It's bloody easy to criticise but they've made their money by backing their judgement and despite the rollercoaster, I would never have dreamt we would have achieved what we have after the debacle of Paulo and Sven. What I think has been missing is the back them till I die approach of the fans this season. The silence has been deafening, so I say support the team throughout the 90mins and let's give the owners or whichever manager is in charge, the time and space to create something for the long term. :scarf:

I don't think it was found out, i think it was more the fact we changed our style to the point we ended up just playing hoofball to vardy and that's what's been found out. We used to attack teams from the start, then sit back and then counter with quick passes and it just developed into sit back from the start and smack a ball over the top. Liverpool are playing counter attacking football and they're in the CL final, we just didn't develop it in the right direction.

• Like 4

We already have. The lack of fans left at the end of the game against West Ham, followed by the boos and "you don't know what you're doing" sung throughout the game says it all.

Top and Vichai aren't idiots. The vote of confidence was given to Ranieri too, and he was axed just a few games later. And Ranieri unlike Puel was in charge for our greatest achievement ever. There's no real point in sacking him right now because they will want to have a new number 1 in the summer. Last year, we made a mistake by giving Shakespeare the job when we weren't sold on him, so don't want to repeat the mistake in case Appleton wins a few games (and remember he already has won game for us).

It is possible they have decided that we just have to get through this tough period in the summer because we are in so much transition, but I just can't see them sticking with Puel. It's so obvious the players have given up on him. 

I thought there was a couple of occasions during the WH game where the crowd were itching to get behind the team.

Towards the end Vardy ran over and smashed the ball against their player to send it out for a corner (showing Diabate what to do after he ****ed up the same move moments earlier) and the crowd roared.

Amongst the boos and the 'you don't know what you're doing' chants there was support for the team - 'Leicester 'til I die' got an airing.  

I think people wanted to show their support for the 'team' but distaste at the poor results towards the manager. 

This crowd gets behind this team when they press hard, put tackles in and move it forward quickly. We aren't doing that at the moment and there is a very distinct lack of effort from certain players which isn't helping. 

The general disillusionment with the way the club has progressed since winning the title (successively poor windows, poor management, etc) when we should have pushed on has probably got many people a bit bewildered and that translates into detachment and silence during games, unfortunately.

Until the manager and the players fire the crowd up with better tactics, more effort and aggressiveness then it'll most likely stay flat. 

We can play a more possession-based style of football and still look like we actually want the ****ing ball. We're second best to everything, on the floor, in the air, in the tackle. We no longer look fitter and hungrier than everyone else. 

It's crushing because only two years ago you couldn't get ****ing near us. 

Edited by lifted*fox
  • Like 2

Believe it or not, the people in positions of power at the club are not daft. They may not be on here for a ride in the Optimistic Bus or a laugh at the Tinder thread, but they're well aware of the opinions of the supporters. 

And after all, they're chowing down on the same sh*t sandwich, week-in, week-out that we all are.

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

They continue to listen to Rudkin worryingly. 

Rudkin got them promotion to the Premier League, then won it, and increased the value of the King Power brand many times over as a result. It's pretty likely they do both trust and get on with him and Whelan very well.

Our current situation can't be pinned on Rudkin in my opinion. He made two mistakes this season; giving Shakespeare the job when everyone at board level had their doubts and the Adrien Silva situation, but there are forgivable reasons for both. Whilst no signing other than Maguire has come off in the manner we would have hoped, on paper we got good players (much better than last season which was a debacle), negotiated a good deal for Drinkwater and moved quickly to appoint a new manager instead of ending up with Pardew, Lambert, et all. The U23 team just had a brilliant season and we have concrete plans for a new training facility and stadium expansion. 

Our results started off strongly with Puel but have fallen apart this year. That's all on him, with the way he sets the team up and gets them to play. The players also need to take a lot of the blame but they clearly feel like they are being hamstrung by playing a certain way instead of the trademark "full throttle" Leicester from a few years ago. You can see the frustration on some of our players faces when they play. It's alien to many of them.

Personally I was very impressed with Puel early in his reign and thought the owners had done it again. But the irony is that the smaller changes he made initially were more meaningful than the widescale changes of playing possession football that we try to do now. A series of unfortunate results led to a lack of confidence with the players, apathy from the fans and as a result here we are.

The owners have a record of being trigger happy anyway. They don't need our help. I can't believe we're considering turning up to be vocally negative. It's impossible to play good football in a volatile stadium. It is never a good thing to boo your own team and shout abuse at a manager. What the fu*k has happened to us.  

• Like 2