Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
City1884

Is it time for the fans to make their voices heard?

7 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Rudkin got them promotion to the Premier League, then won it, and increased the value of the King Power brand many times over as a result. It's pretty likely they do both trust and get on with him and Whelan very well.

Our current situation can't be pinned on Rudkin in my opinion. He made two mistakes this season; giving Shakespeare the job when everyone at board level had their doubts and the Adrien Silva situation, but there are forgivable reasons for both. Whilst no signing other than Maguire has come off in the manner we would have hoped, on paper we got good players (much better than last season which was a debacle), negotiated a good deal for Drinkwater and moved quickly to appoint a new manager instead of ending up with Pardew, Lambert, et all. The U23 team just had a brilliant season and we have concrete plans for a new training facility and stadium expansion. 

Our results started off strongly with Puel but have fallen apart this year. That's all on him, with the way he sets the team up and gets them to play. The players also need to take a lot of the blame but they clearly feel like they are being hamstrung by playing a certain way instead of the trademark "full throttle" Leicester from a few years ago. You can see the frustration on some of our players faces when they play. It's alien to many of them.

Personally I was very impressed with Puel early in his reign and thought the owners had done it again. But the irony is that the smaller changes he made initially were more meaningful than the widescale changes of playing possession football that we try to do now. A series of unfortunate results led to a lack of confidence with the players, apathy from the fans and as a result here we are.

Rudkin has been promoted beyond his competence. That's on the owners and no one else. Yes he gets a hard time of it but, his role is as important to the success of the club as the managerial appointment imo, and he's failing time and again.

The academy point is questionable, yes they had a good season but they ultimately fell short in the league and the cup, with players that were older than the teams they were competing against becasue we don't have many of them out on loan. 

Oh and the Silva situation isn't "forgivable" under any circumstances, utter train wreck. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Osavo said:

The lack of attendance at the lap of 'honour' was the best way possible of making our voices heard to be honest. If that didn't send a message, nothing will.

.....consequently, the only thing that resulted in, was the owners losing face!!!!

The protest was a plea to the owners regarding the dissatisfaction of the supporters and was completely warranted. The fact it was at the expense of the owners lap of appreciation was a shame, as it was  the owners saying "thank you" to the supporters and not a call for a "pat on the back".

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Rudkin has been promoted beyond his competence. That's on the owners and no one else. Yes he gets a hard time of it but, his role is as important to the success of the club as the managerial appointment imo, and he's failing time and again.

The academy point is questionable, yes they had a good season but they ultimately fell short in the league and the cup, with players that were older than the teams they were competing against becasue we don't have many of them out on loan. 

Oh and the Silva situation isn't "forgivable" under any circumstances, utter train wreck. 

I'd like to say that I'm not pro-Rudkin, but I'm just saying that I don't think he is as responsible as is made out for our current predicament.

I do agree though that in an ideal world we'd appoint a more experienced Director of Football. If you look at the Red Bull clubs (Salzburg and Leipzig), they have done great jobs in recent years at building the overall stature and facilities of the club.

Edited by StriderHiryu

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Try and actually sing instead of just joining in with the negativity. The atmosphere has been very poor all season yet suddenly 70% of the ground join in with "you don't know what you're doing".

Thought it was "we had a shot" that everyone was joining in with.

47 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I'd like to say that I'm not pro-Rudkin, but I'm just saying that I don't think he is as responsible as is made out for our current predicament.

I do agree though that in an ideal world we'd appoint a more experienced Director of Football. If you look at the Red Bull clubs (Salzburg and Leipzig), they have done great jobs in recent years at building the overall stature and facilities of the club.

He's played a blinder to be fair, gone from academy coach to DOF in 10 years without really improving the academy massively or bringing significant quality through to the first team. 

3 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

If a few more people had opened their gobs to back the team at 0-0 or 1-0 in recent months, like we used to a couple of years ago, that might have helped things. Too many in our ground only want to be vocal when it's to be negative.

This we need to get back to that sort of support

3 hours ago, Captain... said:

And Puel's style was found out a few years ago, pointless possession and pedestrian passing was blitzed by an unfacied team who played low possession high energy high risk football and reaped the rewards. We are regressing to a style of football that has been redundant for a while and despite having some of the best players to exploit a quick transition we are unable to do it. This style is now so easy to defend against, especially away from home, sit deep let the home side come on to you, pack the middle force them wide and into overloading the flanks and getting players into the box, then when the cross comes in the set defensive line can usually deal with it then you have an opportunity to break. Or you press them high and force them to pass it around at the back where any mistake can lead to a good chance. We mastered it  to years ago and now it is mastering us.

We don't have to replicate the style of 2016 but we need to at least come close to replicating the energy and desire.

Correct.

The baby has been thrown out with the bathwater.

This obsession to change what worked for us (high tempo,

pressing, quick passing moves) is laughable when you see what shit Puel is serving up; that is the easiest to defend against football you can imagine.

The “we’ve been sussed out brigade” which someone in the hierarchy must agree with have got a lot to answer for.

Whilst the 40 yard balls to Vardy would be less effective, to go to a style totally the opposite of what was successful for us and to dismiss the components of that style completely is ludicrous.

It has countered the strengths of our players to the point where tactics from the opposing manager are not necessary as Puel has done their job for them.

Everything has been discarded, and guess what CL finalists and PL title winners are utilising many of the aspects of our title winning tactics with great success, while we amass 18pts in 19 games and look like the worse team in the division at present - by a long chalk.

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader

2 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

2016. Supporting Leicester is never going to be the same as it was before that sadly. Too many entitled fvckwits in our support now, the types who will merrily boo if we're not winning at half-time. I know they've been utter cack the past few weeks but sometimes it's no wonder our squad don't want to put in a shift if fans turn up with that attitude.

The problem is it is painfully obvious where the disconnect is between what Puel is trying to do and the players we have available. Any fool can see that asking Danny Simpson to overlap is just beyond pointless, he won the league by never crossing the halfway line tucking in and defending for his life. Puel has asked him to overlap and whip balls in, he can't bloody cross and we have nobody to attack the ball even if he did stick in a good ball and he is then out of position leaving us exposed to the counter attack. Same with expecting Morgan to pass, Albrighton to play left back, having attacking fullbacks and attacking wide players and being surprised that teams are hitting our slow centre backs on the break.

I just don't have that much enthusiasm to cheer another attack breaking down because instead of driving into the box we are passing to Simpson in space on the right, or another sideways pass around the midfield/back 4 while the opposition defence gets set, knowing that our players are very capable of miss placing passes and we are just one slip away from gifting another goal to the opposition.

It has been mindnumbing maddening football and this is the first time since Holloway I have actively wanted a manager sacked. I have always seen the positives in what Sousa, Sven, Shakespeare et al have tried to do, but I just see nonsense in Puel's tactics and team selection.

• Like 1

Against West Ham the atmosphere at kick-off was, as usual, very positive and supportive - even without master cheerleader the Birch on hand to rouse us into action.

But another dreadful, dreary performance - on the back of a long run without a home win against teams below us and a 5-0 defeat away - was always going to 'turn' a lot of fans and sour the atmosphere.

It's very difficult to clap and cheer and sing with conviction when the football we are playing - and have been playing for months - is so dull, clueless and uninspiring (and actually getting worse).

One or two shots on target per game have sadly become the norm under this wretched manager. Blind faith in his ability to 'come good' can now be considered as misdirected support and is therefore no use to anyone. If we perform badly again against Arsenal and fall behind, he will deserve everything he gets.

I do not like to boo the team or be vocal in any way against them so I'm not going to start now but at the same time, if it is the same demoralising bore ball crap I'll leave early again as will most I imagine.

I think tomorrow b4 the game you will be able to taste the negativity in the air ...The fans will lying in wait for the first of many Arsenal goals to vent their anger....fans will be arguing with fans & the ground will empty at 75-80 mins. The team will come looking sheepish similar to how they crawled out when Claudio was taken down by the "Pack"...#dontbringthekids

Edited by The Wizard

7 minutes ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

Leicester City fans have always recognised as having fickle supporters, but now those calling for Puel''s "head on a plate", are fully justified imo.

What, justified in being fickle?

My voice will be heard tomorrow, just the same as every home game. And I will get the same looks as I get at every game. But I really couldn't care less, I'm there for my team, and my club. I've seen much worse, it doesn't make me happy but I know it will get better. I haven't got the answers, and my only job is to make my team aware that I am behind them whatever happens. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Christ if arsenal score early tomorrow night.....yikes...if you thought it was toxic Saturday, tomorrow will be horrific. 

Instead...if arsenal score early and go 1 up, let’s get right behind the lads, like previous times and we’ll soon get a performance out of them.....I hope ?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, holyfox said:

We're in danger of turning into the same sort of fans that we distanced ourselves from during the Title Winning Season. Yes, we have blown a lot of money and a great chance to build momentum after that season. BUT as is clear to see, that style has been found out. Let's face it, pretty much everyone of the top half teams play pressing football, but do it with some exceptional quality which we don't have. Those calling for us to go back to our old style are forgetting all the games that we have seen both Mahrez and Vardy double marked, thus nullifying that approach. We have to accept we are in transition and despite the sh*te we've seen since Jan, I'm going to support whatever the owners decide. It's their money and commitment that has allowed us to achieve what we have. It's bloody easy to criticise but they've made their money by backing their judgement and despite the rollercoaster, I would never have dreamt we would have achieved what we have after the debacle of Paulo and Sven. What I think has been missing is the back them till I die approach of the fans this season. The silence has been deafening, so I say support the team throughout the 90mins and let's give the owners or whichever manager is in charge, the time and space to create something for the long term. :scarf:

My god...get off foxestalk ...your talking TOO much sense!!!

Great post.

Edited by Raj

It's important the owners make a final decision on whether Peul will be replaced as soon as possible after the Spurs game. If he is replaced, they need to make the correct choice this time. Apart from Watford, who seem to finish a similar mid-lower table position despite at last 1 new manager a season, it usually ends in a team struggling (like Southampton). Assuming the owners will want someone with PL - or similar abroad - experience, there seem to be few alternative. It seems Wagner has ruled himself out, and if Rafa leaves Newcastle, I can't see him being interested in Leicester. Dyche may be ready for a new challenge (as he he has taken Burnley as high as reasonably possible given their budget and ground capacity). If Brendan Rogers has tired of winning nearly every game with little opposition, I guess he would like another opportunity in the PL - hopefully with Leicester.

3 minutes ago, oxford blue said:

It's important the owners make a final decision on whether Peul will be replaced as soon as possible after the Spurs game. If he is replaced, they need to make the correct choice this time. Apart from Watford, who seem to finish a similar mid-lower table position despite at last 1 new manager a season, it usually ends in a team struggling (like Southampton). Assuming the owners will want someone with PL - or similar abroad - experience, there seem to be few alternative. It seems Wagner has ruled himself out, and if Rafa leaves Newcastle, I can't see him being interested in Leicester. Dyche may be ready for a new challenge (as he he has taken Burnley as high as reasonably possible given their budget and ground capacity). If Brendan Rogers has tired of winning nearly every game with little opposition, I guess he would like another opportunity in the PL - hopefully with Leicester.

Absolutely no chance Rodgers will leave Celtic and even less he would come to us.....Dyche is the only reasonable target mentioned and even he may fancy another year at BFC although I believe he will be the target!!