Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
oxf77

1999 and 2000 League Cup Final Mitre match balls

Afternoon, I am after the Mitre match balls produced for the 1999 and 2000 Worthington/League Cup finals against Tottenham and Tranmere. There are usually (allegedly!) 100 of each produced, given to all sorts of individuals connected with the matches.

I have attached photos of the two match balls below.

Could anybody who has one of these, or knows somebody who has one (I can provide finder's fees) please send me a private message? I am willing to offer very good money.

If you have any other Mitre Ult1max footballs please feel free to message too.

Thanks in advance,

1999 ball:

1999_final_tottenham_leicester.jpg

2000 ball:

2000_final_leicester_tranmere.jpg

Edited by oxf77
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, oxf77 said:

Afternoon, I am after the Mitre match balls produced for the 1999 and 2000 Worthington/League Cup finals against Tottenham and Tranmere. There are usually (allegedly!) 100 of each produced, given to all sorts of individuals connected with the matches.

I have attached photos of the two match balls below.

Could anybody who has one of these, or knows somebody who has one (I can provide finder's fees) please send me a private message? I am willing to offer very good money.

If you have any other Mitre Ult1max footballs please feel free to message too.

Thanks in advance,

1999 ball:

1999_final_tottenham_leicester.jpg

2000 ball:

2000_final_leicester_tranmere.jpg

I was at both, in addition to the 1997 final and the replay at Hillsborough. Just out of curiosity, do you manage to obtain a matchball for either of those? 

Just now, Line-X said:

I was at both, in addition to the 1997 final and the replay at Hillsborough. Just out of curiosity, do you manage to obtain a matchball for either of those? 

Hi, unfortunately I don't have the 1997 match ball. It has red and white mitre arrows though, same as the 1998 final ball.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Bert said:

Collect them? 

Do you think he displays his balls in the bedroom or the living room or if it were you would you have a special room in the attic or cellar?

3 hours ago, Nalis said:

Makes you realise how chunky footballs were back then. Must have evolved very quickly though as I had a World Cup 2002 ball and it was much lighter and easier on the eye.

I appreciate older footballs used to be rock solid, but I think today's footballs are too light (I have two Mitre delta v12s). I personally think the Ultimax is just the right weight. I used to play a lot of football with the Ultimax and the only swerve was that the player intended. Nowadays (well, the 2006 WC football springs to mind) the ball would just fly anywhere and it was pure luck where the ball went.

34 minutes ago, oxf77 said:

I appreciate older footballs used to be rock solid, but I think today's footballs are too light (I have two Mitre delta v12s). I personally think the Ultimax is just the right weight. I used to play a lot of football with the Ultimax and the only swerve was that the player intended. Nowadays (well, the 2006 WC football springs to mind) the ball would just fly anywhere and it was pure luck where the ball went.

Fair points.

Agreed on footballs being too light as a former keeper back in the day!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...