Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Tunisia v England match thread

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

You're telling me I'm wrong, it's up to you to prove it.

Already have. Listed numerous goals that he scored due to his quick thinking and finishing ability.

2 hours ago, Finnaldo said:

Finners has got a point, put Vardy in Sterling or Lingard's place when they had their chances last night and it's going in.

But it doesn't work like that, does it? Sterling (Just like Cavani) is killed for his finishing (less so Cavani, especially last season)  but many people fail to understand how good his positioning is. England needs players who can carry the ball upfield. Kane bends the defense in which allows them to corner the opposition. Raheem was sometimes playing as a false 9, a thing that he can't do with Vards because he always leads the line. When Kane drops deep, he brings a CB off his line and said CB will be replaced by a CM. the shape becomes like a "V" which makes the Tunisian FB to overcome and push deeper, and seeing that England played with wingbacks, it was the right thing to do. Now if Englan had a player like Silva or Mata, only then can they play Kane and Vards

Just now, Webbo said:

You're quite right, I don't know why I get dragged into these pointless debates.

Because you make ridiculous statements you can't back up and then defend them lol

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

But his strength of also quick thinking and lethal finishing in the box. People can have more than one strength you know. No if I'm wrong can you tell me how he scored the goal v Wales? Or Germany? Or Spain? Or Holland? Or the goals for City v Chelsea, Sunderland, Liverpool etc I could go on.

We've got Kane who can do the tap ins. I know it's not a popular opinion on here but Kane scores more and a greater variety of goals than Vardy, he's quite rightly ahead of Vardy in the pecking order. Sterlings job is to run at defenders, create chances as well as score them. Now I know he hasn't done a great job at that, but that isn't Vardy's strength.

4 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Because you make ridiculous statements you can't back up and then defend them lol

Can you tell me why an ex international footballer with all his coaching badges doesn't pick Vardy? Let me guess "because he plays for Leicester". 

I've backed up all my arguments with facts, you're just talking shit.

In order for Vardy to play, the formation has to change which would be a stupid decision. The team has chemistry and is playing entertaining football which focuses on the strength of It's players.

In the end, Kane's playing style suits England better so this shouldn't be a debate seeing that Harry is the better player, striker and more adapt to a system that requires the ST to drop deep, help in the build-up and provide a threat of shooting from the outside.

Just now, the fox said:

In order for Vardy to play, the formation has to change which would be a stupid decision. The team has chemistry and is playing entertaining football which focuses on the strength of It's players.

In the end, Kane's playing style suits England better so this shouldn't be a debate seeing that Harry is the better player, striker and more adapt to a system that requires the ST to drop deep, help in the build-up and provide a threat of shooting from the outside.

Leave it Susan, it's not worth it lol

• Haha 1

That's a no then?

It's a "literally everyone else can see how stupid that post was so I don't really need to dignify it with an intelligent reply."

If that's the life ring you need to run off pretending you've won and make yourself look even more daft then go for it. 

I've literally just spent the last three or four pages handing you rope and watching the rep points roll in as you hang yourself tbh, I'll do this all day. lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, the fox said:

If Vardy didn't play for Leicester not 1 person on here would care whether he started or not.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Webbo said:

We've got Kane who can do the tap ins. I know it's not a popular opinion on here but Kane scores more and a greater variety of goals than Vardy, he's quite rightly ahead of Vardy in the pecking order. Sterlings job is to run at defenders, create chances as well as score them. Now I know he hasn't done a great job at that, but that isn't Vardy's strength.

Kane is also more wasteful than Vardy. Kane scores something like 13% of his chances, Vardy something like 26%.

Anyway we're saying play both. And clearly Sterling isn't that good at scoring them lol And I don't know what Sterling did yesterday except run onto defenders and put the ball wide. Rashford did more in his first 5 minutes than Sterling did the whole time he was on pitch.

1 minute ago, the fox said:

By the way, is that serious that your comments were restricted? If so, that is poor. Well done on supporting a fellow African nation. That's not something that happens often enough in the UK. Hopefully, they can put the Belgians to the sword and go through for you.

Just now, Webbo said:

If Vardy didn't play for Leicester not 1 person on here would care whether he started or not.

If Vardy didn't play for Leicester I wouldn't want him in the England team. 

I want England to lose every game they play. 

I'm sure even you can work out what that means. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

Kane is also more wasteful than Vardy. Kane scores something like 13% of his chances, Vardy something like 26%.

Anyway we're saying play both. And clearly Sterling isn't that good at scoring them lol And I don't know what Sterling did yesterday except run onto defenders and put the ball wide. Rashford did more in his first 5 minutes than Sterling did the whole time he was on pitch.

Not that old shit again. Kane has been the top goal scorer in the Prem for 2 out of the last 3 years, including the year we won the league. He came second last year. If in your twisted mind that makes him worse than Vardy then I'm wasting my time trying to talk sense to you.

Just now, Finnegan said:

If Vardy didn't play for Leicester I wouldn't want him in the England team. 

I want England to lose every game they play. 

I'm sure even you can work out what that means. 

• You've revealed yourself Welshie. Just for that, I'm going to start repping  Webbo lol

some People here admitted that they would hate Vads if he was not playing here. I don't get it, the team is playing great and It's not like Vardy is getting cheated. Kane is a great player and actually won England the game.

Instead of being happy that Maguire is performing on the biggest stage, People choose to talk about this! Let's hear it for the big man. Looked like a 70+ million defender out there.

Im warming to Southgate he does a lot of things right, what a decision to not have Kane taking corners who would have thought it.

I think he was aware that Tunisia were playing for a draw and had dropped every player back so felt Vardy wasn’t a good option at that point. 

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

Im warming to Southgate he does a lot of things right, what a decision to not have Kane taking corners who would have thought it.

I think he was aware that Tunisia were playing for a draw and had dropped every player back so felt Vardy wasn’t a good option at that point. 

Well this is it at the end of the day

If the man is getting three points on the board and winning football matches we can't really grumble about his methods I guess.

As we know, it could be a lot worse, already have more points than we got in 2014 and a win against Panama away from getting six points in the group stage for the first time I can remember in Yonks.....might even be 1998