Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Tunisia v England match thread

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

No, you aren't, you're making yourself look thick. But you're also stubborn enough that you're going to just keep repeating the same shit on loop, rewording it ever so slightly every few minutes, because you aren't intelligent enough to understand what's being explained to you. 

And I'm making it very easy for you to dismiss my replies as I'm in an angry, short tempered and inpatient mood. 

Bottom line: to effectively break down a stubborn and defensive shape you need to either have strikers who can move, react and finish with little space in the penalty area OR players who can score from range. 

Jamie Vardy is very, very good at the first and weak at the second. Harry Kane is strong at both. Lingard and Sterling are very poor at the first and average at best at the second. 

The chances you created last night all required a poacher, ie Vardy, to be on the end of - as evidenced by HIS ENTIRE PORTFOLIO OF ENGLAND GOALS TO DATE. 

Someone get me a drink. Large Al, please take over, this is painful. 

In your opinion.

Vardy is undoubtedly most effective against sides that look to attack us. The proof is in the fact he's scored more goals against the so-called "Big 6" in the season just gone than against the rest of the division.

However, that doesn't mean he's ineffective against sides that sit in. When you find him with a pass into the box he will score. As I said earlier, he scores all 4 of Lingard's chances and he eats Sterling's pathetic effort up for breakfast.

4 minutes ago, Webbo said:

In your opinion.

Ah, the last refuge of someone with no argument. E- for Webbo. 

Even an opinion needs evidence if you want to claim it's correct. 

You tell me "Lingard is my favourite player, I prefer him to Vardy" that's your personal taste, it's an opinion you're entitled to and it cannot be proven or disproven. 

You tell me Vardy can't play as a penalty box poacher and is only effective counter attacking? I'm sorry, you're going to need to evidence that or shut up and stop digging. Especially when there's a reasonable stack of evidence that points to him being one of the most effective English strikers of the last five years. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Vardy is undoubtedly most effective against sides that look to attack us. The proof is in the fact he's scored more goals against the so-called "Big 6" in the season just gone than against the rest of the division.

However, that doesn't mean he's ineffective against sides that sit in. When you find him with a pass into the box he will score. As I said earlier, he scores all 4 of Lingard's chances and he eats Sterling's pathetic effort up for breakfast.

Hm, not quite. 

You'd need to compare his finishing rate against those clubs vs his finishing rate vs the other 13.

Keep in mind the disparity between the chances Leicester create against the top clubs versus the chances we create against the bottom. 

England were much better at fashioning chances against Tunisia, say, than Leicester were against Swansea, West Ham or Stoke. 

Not all of that is about Vardy and his movement, its about the creativity around him, the areas of the pitch the game is played in, etc. 

Just now, Finnegan said:

Hm, not quite. 

You'd need to compare his finishing rate against those clubs vs his finishing rate vs the other 13.

Keep in mind the disparity between the chances Leicester create against the top clubs versus the chances we create against the bottom. 

England were much better at fashioning chances against Tunisia, say, than Leicester were against Swansea, West Ham or Stoke. 

Not all of that is about Vardy and his movement, its about the creativity around him, the areas of the pitch the game is played in, etc. 

He scored 13 goals against Man United, Man City, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal or Liverpool (Scoring against all of them at least once).

He scored 10 goals against the rest of the league + Sheffield United, Leeds and Fleetwood.

He scored one goal against a "rest of the league" team between the game away at Huddersfield on 16th September and the game at home against Watford on the 20th January and that came against Everton who finished above us.

It does seem like you ignored the second half of my post though.

10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Ah, the last refuge of someone with no argument. E- for Webbo. 

Even an opinion needs evidence if you want to claim it's correct. 

You tell me "Lingard is my favourite player, I prefer him to Vardy" that's your personal taste, it's an opinion you're entitled to and it cannot be proven or disproven. 

You tell me Vardy can't play as a penalty box poacher and is only effective counter attacking? I'm sorry, you're going to need to evidence that or shut up and stop digging. Especially when there's a reasonable stack of evidence that points to him being one of the most effective English strikers of the last five years. 

Just stating my opinion, just as you are just stating yours. I don't need to provide evidence because I don't care whether you agree with me or not. I'm not sure why you care so much either.

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

He scored 13 goals against Man United, Man City, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal or Liverpool (Scoring against all of them at least once).

He scored 10 goals against the rest of the league + Sheffield United, Leeds and Fleetwood.

He scored one goal against a "rest of the league" team between the game away at Huddersfield on 16th September and the game at home against Watford on the 20th January and that came against Everton who finished above us.

It does seem like you ignored the second half of my post though.

No I didn't ignore it, I know you're not criticising him as such. 

I'm not even saying you're wrong, I'm just pointing out that for accurate statistical analysis you'd need to compare more than just the goals he scored against those clubs but also how Leicester played in those games, the types of chances he had, which he scored and which he didn't, etc. 

We as a whole team at Leicester perform better against the bigger sides. 

What I'm saying is that that distinction isn't necessarily only just Vardy and HIS limitations but also those of us as a Leicester squad. 

That make sense? I may not be explaining myself very well. 

6 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Just stating my opinion, just as you are just stating yours. I don't need to provide evidence because I don't care whether you agree with me or not. I'm not sure why you care so much either.

You're choosing to argue which means yes, you need to evidence your argument. 

You're welcome to stop responding at any time. 

Just now, Finnegan said:

You're choosing to argue which means yes, you need to evidence your argument. 

You're welcome to stop responding at any time. 

Finners, you started this, you quoted a post of mine and then when I replied you accused me of just arguing because it was you. Now you're quite correct this is pointless and boring and as I've said I don't care if people agree with me or not, so I'll assume you're just in a bit of a mood and not reply again.

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Finners, you started this, you quoted a post of mine and then when I replied you accused me of just arguing because it was you. Now you're quite correct this is pointless and boring and as I've said I don't care if people agree with me or not, so I'll assume you're just in a bit of a mood and not reply again.

I care because I'm fed up of absolute muppets repeating the shit they read in the tabloids and hear on sky sports that Vardy is a one trick pony. 

I care because I hate people who get their opinions from the press and social media instead of opening their eyes and actually looking at what's in front of them. 

I care because Leicester fans, actual proper ones, should have no excuses for repeating this shit and believing it when it's absolute rubbish. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

I care because I'm fed up of absolute muppets repeating the shit they read in the tabloids and hear on sky sports that Vardy is a one trick pony. 

I care because I hate people who get their opinions from the press and social media instead of opening their eyes and actually looking at what's in front of them. 

I care because Leicester fans, actual proper ones, should have no excuses for repeating this shit and believing it when it's absolute rubbish. 

Okay, 1 last reply.

This is a Leicester City forum, everybody on here has seen Vardy play and we're all capable of forming our own opinions without the help of the press.

Just now, Webbo said:

Okay, 1 last reply.

This is a Leicester City forum, everybody on here has seen Vardy play and we're all capable of forming our own opinions without the help of the press.

Apparently not. 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Webbo said:

But would he get those chances? Managers pick different players to do different things. 

I wonder if the posters on Stockport Countytalk are so bothered about Vardy not starting?

You're missing the point. What people are saying if Vardy has the exact same chances that went begging last night he'd have scored them if he were in their position. 

Why is it such a crime for people to want to see players start for their country from the club they support? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bert said:

You're missing the point. What people are saying if Vardy has the exact same chances that went begging last night he'd have scored them if he were in their position. 

Why is it such a crime for people to want to see players start for their country from the club they support? 

I never said it was a crime,I'd love it if Vardy scored a few in this World Cup. It's not a crime to say I understand why he wasn't picked is it?

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

I never said it was a crime,I'd love it if Vardy scored a few in this World Cup. It's not a crime to say I understand why he wasn't picked is it?

Never said it was. 

But for you to have a bit of a niggle at people because they're going against what you're saying is a bit sad. 

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

I thought it was you who quoted me originally? I don't know if you've ever noticed this finners but I argue with a lot of people, you're nothing special.

Vardy wouldn't have improve our team last night, the starting line up and subs made were based on tactics, not some plot against Leicester City.

Eh?

Raheem was abysmal, I'd rather we stuck Heineken Harry of The Malt Shovel FC upfront  last night than that clown never mind Vardy.

• Haha 1

Just now, Bert said:

Never said it was. 

But for you to have a bit of a niggle at people because they're going against what you're saying is a bit sad. 

Where have I had a niggle? I stated an opinion and Finners starts ranting at me, all of a sudden I'm the bad guy.

8 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

This was a textbook Webbo argument. Although dunno how @Finnegan has dragged himself away from the Japan game the massive weeb xxx

Peak Webbo isn't. Make a ridiculous statement, ignore all evidence to the contrary, provide no evidence yourself, don't properly read peoples responses and stubbornly stand by your position despite overwhelming proof you're talking bollocks. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Eh?

Raheem was abysmal, I'd rather we stuck Heineken Harry of The Malt Shovel FC upfront  last night than that clown never mind Vardy.

That doesn't prove that Vardy would have been better.

I'm getting fed up with this now. I made a point, some people disagree, so what?

the level of scenes across the country last night just makes you wonder what is actually going to happen when we win the world cup, not just win our opening game against a shit african team.