Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcnsk

Rachid Ghezzal

FWIW I don't say he's totally without talent because there is obviously a player in there somewhere after the figures he posted at Lyon three years ago.

My main gripe is we don't need to take chances on players who have failed elsewhere, we can spend more money and buy a much surer thing. We were linked with Malcolm and Leon Bailey amongst a host of others this window for his position and we've gone bargain bucket on a gamble. I just think the negatives far outweigh the positives and there is every chance he'll be stuck here for years collecting a wage and we can't move him on.

If you buy well then you don't have to worry about balancing the books in the immediate future as the opportunity to make a profit or sell players on will present itself to you frequently. We've bought a player who is probably in the last chance saloon and if he fails here we'll no doubt be stuck with him.

I'm sure we've had players that have we've been glad to see the back of and they've gone on to better things?

Football history, even recently, is littered with stories of players who have looked poor for certain teams yet have gone on to be decent with others, and vice versa.

Who knows, Puel could maybe unlock this guy's potential?

Danny Simpson had hardly a glittering career before us and now he's a premier league winner and one of our better rights backs in recent memory.

I haven't seen him play, I'm never judging a player upon viewing a 7 minute YouTube video. This could be a great signing, he could be another who'll just under perform and take home big wages. Time will tell