Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcnsk

Rachid Ghezzal

38 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I don't see why we can't just loan him for a year with set fee if we choose to exercise it.

From what I can see Monaco just want rid of a player they got for free last year and there are no other suitors. We should be the one dictating the terms. We're letting them off lightly by allowing then to make a profit on an unwanted player.

All joking aside. I totally agree with this post. There's no bidding wars for the players we've been caught out on in recent seasons. We've just ended up paying what they want on terms they want. I can't pretend to know what goes into a transfer negotiation but, if a club want to get rid of a player and we're the only club seriously in for him, we should hold all the aces.

The loan option where we pick up a players wages should be an option we try to force through. Surely that would appeal to Monaco more than having to keep a player they don't want and pay his salary.

2 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

All joking aside. I totally agree with this post. There's no bidding wars for the players we've been caught out on in recent seasons. We've just ended up paying what they want on terms they want. I can't pretend to know what goes into a transfer negotiation but, if a club want to get rid of a player and we're the only club seriously in for him, we should hold all the aces.

The loan option where we pick up a players wages should be an option we try to force through. Surely that would appeal to Monaco more than having to keep a player they don't want and pay his salary.

But that can turn around and bite you. Imagine he has a really good season, and you'd need to pay 4 times more.

Also what is 10m in today's market anyway? 

10 minutes ago, Livid said:

Just how many times did he play for Monaco last season?

That Sky report says 35, the summary on his Wiki page says 24, the career stats on his Wiki page says 7. :unsure:

4 minutes ago, Redouane said:

26 (1000 minutes)  including 7 as a starter in Ligue 1 with 2 goals and 3 assist xD 

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

2 goals 3 assists on whoscored 

Not too confident the information available on the player is reliable. Everyone is having a stab at it but it seems no one knows really.

24 minutes ago, Redouane said:

But that can turn around and bite you. Imagine he has a really good season, and you'd need to pay 4 times more.

£10m plus wages is still an enormous amount that could have gone towards another player if it doesn't turn out well, but I get the point you are making.

I think most are just desperate for us not to make another mistake with an attacking player really.

Again, this depends on whether a more accomplished player is yet to come on board as alluded to by some on here.

Edited by Max Wall

I'm not going to comment on the fee until a better breakdown of that deal is seen and I've seen the player actually play.

If it is £10m plus £4m add ons then it is quite different than we were led to believe at the start of the weekend.

Time will tell whether it is money well spent.

19 minutes ago, Redouane said:

You can arrange a fee and a wage with the player that's set in stone so even if he posts Messi like numbers it doesn't matter.

It looks like we've signed him now and we've just bought a player who has failed and allowed Monaco to turn a profit.

The transfer doesn't excite me because i've never seen him play . Mahrez never excited me when he signed either , i was more concerned that knocky would get dropped for him at the time. Give the bloke a chance regardless. 

• Like 1