Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Kasper signs a new contract until 2023!

10 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

The words "club legend" are often thrown about too often, but in this case Kasper Schmeichel is the definition of a club legend. He was signed by Sven Goran-Eriksson of all people and has been here ever since. He was player of the year in the Championship, in the Premiership and has proved himself on both the European and World scene. This guy had a challenge that very few people will ever had to face; as the son of one of the best players ever to play in the Premier League he had a great upbringing that would have been relatively stress free. But rather than rest on his laurels, he stepped out of his father's shadow to become every bit the legend in his own right. He went on loan to League 2, to Scotland, and never gave up until he became an integral part of one of the most famous sides and greatest ever romantic stores in football. Honestly I don't think people realise just how big a deal this is, because he could so easily have taken the easy way out, but has to go down on a very small list of players that have followed their fathers to match or equal their success. Only Paolo Maldini whose father was also a decorated international springs to mind.

For me he is our best ever goalkeeper. People will talk about Shilton and Banks, but they did not do as much as Kasper has done for our club, and I would argue he matched their feats for his own country at international level having been voted Danish player of the year multiple times. After this season he could well have played for the club more times than those two. On top of all this, for me as a fan the thing I love about this player more than anything else is a very simple one - he takes the time after EVERY home game he plays to applaud the fans before he walks off the pitch. That might be frivolous to some, but for me those are the actions of a true legend, because football is nothing without the fans.

Cracking news, simple as that.

@RumbleFox Strider is coming for your reputation-points-to-posts ratio, be scared; very scared X

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Think he gets unnecessary stick sometimes. If you look at the goalkeepers at clubs who finished outside the top 6 last season there's not many you'd take over Schmeichel. Some may say Pickford but even he's got a mistake in him.

My ‘stick’ (see previous  page) was very much tongue-in-cheek cus really I love him, and think most people do too ...   great move by the club and well deserved by our Kasper ...   lot of good things going on at the moment ...    I’m getting that warm feeling again ...    :scarf:

On 01/09/2018 at 11:13, RumbleFox said:

His output is very impressive but I sneer at his 1:1 ratio.  I feel as far above him as does he above the ants in his garden.  X

But he hasn't been banned as many times as you have.

Kasper - decent keeper, happy to have him, there are better and we should keep trying to sign one over the next 4 years.

His inability to take crosses, control his 6yd box and give his defenders extra confidence still worries me.

2 hours ago, FIF said:

Kasper - decent keeper, happy to have him, there are better and we should keep trying to sign one over the next 4 years.

His inability to take crosses, control his 6yd box and give his defenders extra confidence still worries me.

Yeah, I tend to agree.  He is probably my favourite goalkeeper I have seen myself (too young for Shilts and Banks and think he just edges Flowers and Poole) and I will always remember him as a legend for his part in our history over the last few years but I would certainly welcome a more progressive, ball playing 'keeper at some point.  Happy for Kasper to remain number 1 for now but would be nice to source a proper, upgraded younger replacement before he retires/gets sh1t and we panic buy. X

3 hours ago, FIF said:

And that's why...even with the title behind him.....Bank/Shilton/Wallington/flowers  pip him.

He is a great goalkeeper,never liked the OT T critic he got and gets on this forum.I don't go against players with his talent and service...

But ,although he is a WC ,shotstopper,those 4 guys,were great  shotstoppers  Shilts and Wallington super ,1st class distributors,with hand and foot.

Though we in comparison don't have great receivers today...When Schmeichel gets it right, it's proved often point winning...

Penalty saves...Schlmeichel is probably on par....I just think with our GK history,it like splitting hairs,our top 8 especially have been exceptional...

Again.Commanding Penalty area,will keep my top 4 above Kasper...but so chuffed he has re-signed,and will be 1st choice for awhile yet.