Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Kasper signs a new contract until 2023!

I'd be surprised if he is still our number one in two or three years, nevermind 5, but Kasper is a monumental part of our success over the last few years and I'm glad to know he's clearly happy to stay here.

One of the things that I always recall is how many keepers we went through in the season or two before we bought him. I've no idea how many it was, but it felt like we were changing keepers on a monthly basis. 

Kasper has his faults and he has made some mistakes, but on the whole he has been a very reliable keeper and has saved our bacon so many times. I don't think anyone will pry him away now given he has hit (and is arguably just past) his peak and will be on a right wedge but he could quite easily have gone any summer between 12/13 and last year, especially around the time we got promoted.

He has grown up at this club and was colossal in our title win. He is a born leader and his passion is always a joy to see - no-one could ever accuse him of not caring. Some have said he was one of the instigators of Ranieri's removal and that he is maybe a schemer but he's always seemed to me like a consummate professional.

I hate to use a word that there have been many arguments on here about, but I don't think anyone even remotely sensible can argue that he isn't a club legend.

Edited by ajthefox

3 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

I'd be surprised if he is still our number one in two or three years, nevermind 5, but Kasper is a monumental part of our success over the last few years and I'm glad to know he's clearly happy to stay here.

One of the things that I always recall is how many keepers we went through in the season or two before we bought him. I've no idea how many it was, but it felt like we were changing keepers on a monthly basis. 

Kasper has his faults and he has made some mistakes, but on the whole he has been a very reliable keeper and has saved our bacon so many times. I don't think anyone will pry him away now given he has hit (and is arguably just past) his peak and will be on a right wedge but he could quite easily have gone any summer between 12/13 and last year, especially around the time we got promoted.

He has grown up at this club and was colossal in our title win. He is a born leader and his passion is always a joy to see - no-one could ever accuse him of not caring. Some have said he was one of the instigators of Ranieri's removal and that he is maybe a schemer but he's always seemed to me like a consummate professional.

I hate to use a word that there have been many arguments on here about, but I don't think anyone even remotely sensible can argue that he is a club legend.

That he is? Or that he is not* a legend?

This is more than Kasper, but tonight is about him for sure.  A club legend already and clearly very happy to stay longer and good for him!!

The bigger picture is the message these players staying is sending to the wider footballing world.  We, Leicester City, is a place some of the better European based players want to stay at, will want to sign for.

Our Stadium expansion, the £80 million Training complex, infancy or not, is a message we are where players will want to be/play.

Finally, all our players...all of them, mention the owners.  We should feel very lucky our owners are still so dedicated, passionate behind the scenes and clearly talking to each player regularly.

We should feel good everyone.  This is very good....

• Like 2

If previous rumours are true, this is probably to increase his wages in line with the highest paid player at the club (now Vardy).

Let's hope he can keep up his form so far this season, and that last season was just a blip rather than the beginning of a Hart-style decline.

His rise in stature mirrors Leicester City's; stepped up in the Championship, Premiership and even the Champs League. An integral part of the squad over the years and a cornerstone of our success.

I didnt feel comfortable end of last season with that strange injury which ruled him out after the Burnley game, couldn't see how it took him out but it apparently did and that was the end of the season/competing for Europe that day too. A hero internationally in the summer though, clearly top top class. Lucky to have him

Wonder what Danny ward is thinking ......

anyway, re the owners - it’s amazing how many of the players acknowledge them when they leave the pitch after a victory - seems to be a little more noticeable when top is there. I can only assume that they have a relationship away from the standard owner/player one. 

Sealed his latter future years...5 yrs makes him 36 when his contract ends.

Banks wanted to stay but,was forced out by an inept board...Gillies wanted to have him longer but also liked the new kid on the block ..Shilton

Shilton came in,stayed awhile....Schmeichel   eermmr has done the hard years,served this club brilliantly,and now decided,his peak career

Years will be here....Club legend  before, now legend with 5 stars,enters Vardy status.....A big thankyou,for your past,now your future services.

A Mr Leicester title,should be heading your way.....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Wonder what Danny ward is thinking ......

anyway, re the owners - it’s amazing how many of the players acknowledge them when they leave the pitch after a victory - seems to be a little more noticeable when top is there. I can only assume that they have a relationship away from the standard owner/player one. 

It's not like Ward was playing first team football where he was.

GK's are strange, we've seen it with Logan, Arphexad and others at clubs who exist to be backup, decent training practice for the first team and have the right mentaility to be ready to be called on to be at their best when needed, aswell as being healthy competition even if they could be doing a job elsewhere every week

Edited by Jaspa

Three words for anyone who doubts just what a shithouse of goalkeeping we had become before Kasper joined us.

Rab Fvckin Douglas.

You gotta love Kasper. He's the glue that held the winning spirit of 16 together.

Those who slag him for making about 3 costly errors a season should look at tomorrow's opponents and their repeatedly costly shortcomings in the goalie position over recent years.

Kasper is a Leicester City legend.

This is great news.

• Like 1