Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Equality & Diversity Independent Supporters Group: Register Your Interest

5 hours ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Hi RumbleFox as an openly Gay poster but more importantly an LCFC fan on this forum, may I ask, have you ever suffered major discrimination at our ground or others?  x

4 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Hi there.  I am not sure I understand?  I am behind this panel, I think it is a good idea.  In terms of discrimination, I am not gay?  X

Brilliant.

Edited by Costock_Fox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Has he said he is actually gay then? I’m confused.

I’ve seen he claims not to be but given the chance to play the pink oboe I recon he would.

No he isn't gay but implied he was in a thread where another poster was being homophobic :)

4 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

Good post.

For the record I wrote two lines commenting that people should consider how they use the term ‘lazy’ when commenting upon black players.

I wrote this because it’s in my opinion overly used and applied to certain demographics more liberally than others. It wasn’t really anything in reference to the LCFC panel - just something I’ve noticed for years.

I didn’t mention any individual players, LCFC or mention any posters. And look ? look at the level of protest.

I would actually say it stimulated a very interesting, thought provoking and also humorous  debate, something that happens on forums when people see things differently or wish to contribute their opinion to your comments. I find your use of the word protest a strange one.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

This is a category error.

You're conflating what people are with what we're actually talking about  - how you treat them, irrespective of what they are.

To put it another way, your analogy weakens your argument. The only reason we have this thread is because, as you say, not everyone is equal (at least not equal in the sense you mean it) 

Nor will they ever be equal. For the very reasons I outlined. For everyone to be equal you would have to have a utopian / Communist world, which flies in the face of human nature. We are ALL judgemental and I personally look down on the likes of Paedophiles,  thieves, parasites who live off the back of everyone else to name just a few. They are not equal to me and no amount propaganda will convince me otherwise.

Edited by Bunyip
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Xen said:

Weighing in as I fit the criteria and Rumble has deceived us all ;)

Never experienced any direct homophobic abuse, personally. Then again, looking at me/my mannerisms you probably wouldn't assume I'm gay without knowing me, so I guess that sort of homophobia doesn't get aimed at me any more than it would any other fan.

I have heard negative, homophobic comments said in general (calling something gay, or calling their mate a f*g) usually by the younger crowd, but it's never seemed vitriolic or an attack on any particular individual. Occasionally a bit of grumbling when its the rainbow laces campaign or similar. Just my personal experiences, mind, so it may be more of a problem in different areas of the ground or for other people. Maybe I'm just blissfully ignorant.

I've taken my (reluctant) partner with me to a few cup games and again, no abuse, although I'm not sure I'd be all that comfortable holding his hand or any other light PDA in/around the ground. That extends beyond football though and is the case for a lot of LGBT people in all sorts of public spaces.

... x

You want to try being born ginger mate, then you would know what real abuse is all about. no one wants to hold my hand in public including my wife.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

Nor will they ever be equal. For the very reasons I outlined. For everyone to be equal you would have to a utopian / Communist world, which flies in the face of human nature. We are ALL judgemental and I personally look down on the likes of Paedophiles,  thieves, parasites who live off the back of everyone else to name just a few. They are not equal to me and no amount propaganda will convince me otherwise.

Competely missing the point again (and I indeed making some more utterly irrelevant ones) but it's always amusing and revealing watching someone dense have a rant. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, turtmcfly said:

Competely missing the point again (and I indeed making some more utterly irrelevant ones) but it's always amusing and revealing watching someone dense have a rant. 

Oh, and your own musing on my post isn't a rant then?  You amuse me lexicon man, please don't ever change. :D

‘I keep reporting homophobic abuse at Premier League football matches – but no one does anything about it’

Leicester City fan Chris Whiting tells i he has repeatedly told the club of incidents of vile abuse but they continue to go unpunished

Chris Whiting, 23, has been going to Leicester City football matches since he was eight years old. He often goes along with his family and has season tickets at the King Power Stadium: “We’re quite a raucous area, by the away fans. You do get some of the more vociferous supporters.”

Mr Whiting has become increasingly concerned with homophobic abuse emanating from nearby areas of the stand. He says he has reported this behaviour to the club repeatedly, but little action has been taken to eject the fans behind the abuse, or to stamp it out.

“They have a text number at Leicester on which you can report antisocial behaviour and the stewards are meant to come and respond to it. Twice I texted, but I didn’t notice any obvious presence of stewards after I texted, but most of the reporting I’ve done has been afterwards to the supporter services.”

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/homophobia-football-leicester-city-premier-league-response-kick-it-out/

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, davieG said:

‘I keep reporting homophobic abuse at Premier League football matches – but no one does anything about it’

Leicester City fan Chris Whiting tells i he has repeatedly told the club of incidents of vile abuse but they continue to go unpunished

Chris Whiting, 23, has been going to Leicester City football matches since he was eight years old. He often goes along with his family and has season tickets at the King Power Stadium: “We’re quite a raucous area, by the away fans. You do get some of the more vociferous supporters.”

Mr Whiting has become increasingly concerned with homophobic abuse emanating from nearby areas of the stand. He says he has reported this behaviour to the club repeatedly, but little action has been taken to eject the fans behind the abuse, or to stamp it out.

“They have a text number at Leicester on which you can report antisocial behaviour and the stewards are meant to come and respond to it. Twice I texted, but I didn’t notice any obvious presence of stewards after I texted, but most of the reporting I’ve done has been afterwards to the supporter services.”

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/homophobia-football-leicester-city-premier-league-response-kick-it-out/

Hmm seems strange then that the club is all for promoting the independent equality and diversity group but do nothing themselves when it is regularly reported?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

Hmm seems strange then that the club is all for promoting the independent equality and diversity group but do nothing themselves when it is regularly reported?

I've been racially abused at matches Infront of stewards, police etc.....unless it's in going to get in the media nothing happens

• Like 1