Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Danny Simpson on the dressing room bond, and his future.

How much was he making again? Wasn't it about 40k/week? If that is true I'd keep him if he'd accept 15k/week or around there. He's still solid and can still contribute positively in Puel's "hybrid" system that we've been playing the last two games. It seems like both him and Morgan are releasing the ball quicker instead of dawdling on it like they were prone to doing before this season. Even the old dogs can learn a few tricks.

I wonder how much Simpson can contribute in perhaps a coaching/mentor role to the U23's or academy players. He's played with the U23's a lot and has never complained about that role. He's been a model pro since his incident.

Think Danny would be worth another year, solid defender and clearly he loves the club. We may find him useful late in games  from now to the end of the season ( and next year) to help close out games when we have a lead. Next season I think we are going to be very good and possibly in the Europa league as well and Danny would get some game time for sure. It’s all going to come down to him taking a pay cut and Claude’s opinion in the end. This probably will go down to the end of the season unless Fulham really make a move for him.

21 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

He deserves a lot of credit for remaining professional while out of favour IMO. He’s been a rock when he has come on recently. 

It's funny how many people agree with you about Simpson but they claim Kingy shows a lack of ambition by staying loyal and professional while in the same situation

4 hours ago, Wizerud said:

How much was he making again? Wasn't it about 40k/week? If that is true I'd keep him if he'd accept 15k/week or around there. He's still solid and can still contribute positively in Puel's "hybrid" system that we've been playing the last two games. It seems like both him and Morgan are releasing the ball quicker instead of dawdling on it like they were prone to doing before this season. Even the old dogs can learn a few tricks.

I wonder how much Simpson can contribute in perhaps a coaching/mentor role to the U23's or academy players. He's played with the U23's a lot and has never complained about that role. He's been a model pro since his incident.

I don't think he's the type of player they'd want anywhere near the academy and I doubt very much indeed he'll be offered a contract extension regardless of the fact he is still a good defender. I wish him well, I think as a player he's underated by many and he was absolutely vital in our winning season. 

King on the other hand has always been a fantastic ambassador for the club and a very genuine man. He's known to ask and take an interest in how our younger players are getting on. I still think he's got a lot of good football left in him and hope that he finds a decent and suitable club. I'd love to see him back here one day.

Saw both Simpson and King play for the U23 this season and both were fully committed and  a very good influence on the younger players.

Simpson had his problems off the pitch for which he was punished and he has stated his regret re his behaviour. A small thing i know but he is the only player i have ever heard say thanks to a ball boy who threw him the ball !