Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Danny Simpson on the dressing room bond, and his future.

Bin.....

Not really, we didn't start to really get the defence sorted until he replaced RDL in our title winning season. It was not a popular choice with many considering his domestic performance away from LP with hos hands around a females neck allegedly (am I allowed to say "female" or should it be "person of a different gender"?). There aren't many better RB's around of the ilk that don't go charging down the wings. Useful to have a player of his quality to call on from  the bench.

I'd like to think he will take a reduced wage extension to his contract

Edited by norwichfox

I've always liked Simmo. There's something refreshingly normal and mischievous about him. 

Absurdly lavish birthday parties at the Manchester midland. Lamborghini. A chequered personal life. Summers spent partying at beach clubs. Yet an honest, decent, reliable pro who, like so.many in the title team, brings more than the sum of his parts.

I reckon he'd settle for 8 apps per season and a reduced two year extension

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MPH said:

his off-field antics left a bitter taste in my mouth but his professionalism and performances won me over.

i hate to not have him in the team but Ricardo is un-droppable at the moment.

so much respect for what he has contributed to LCFC.

Pretty much my thoughts. He did something reprehensible but has shown remorse and turned his life around. His contribution over the years has been outstanding - as an out and out defender he is one of our very best. 

With Amartey injured Claude has turned to him recently to solidify our defence towards the end of matches and allow Ricardo to attack more. I can see him getting a lot more game time. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I've always liked Simmo. There's something refreshingly normal and mischievous about him. 

Absurdly lavish birthday parties at the Manchester midland. Lamborghini. A chequered personal life. Summers spent partying at beach clubs. Yet an honest, decent, reliable pro who, like so.many in the title team, brings more than the sum of his parts.

I reckon he'd settle for 8 apps per season and a reduced two year extension

That’s not how contracts negotiations work. 

Edited by OhYesNdidi

Funnily enough, just started watching the Leicester - The Impossible Dream documentary that aired after the title victory, and it's at the part about The Bond. Echoes what's said in there, mainly about the camaraderie and the special connection between all the players.

6 minutes ago, matty98 said:

Great player for us but time to move on really unless he's willing to take a massive pay cut

Don't think Top would quibble with his wages as long he is a squad player, he helped win us the league.

Top does not seem like a man to forget.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

That’s not how contracts negotiations work. 

I dunno how they work. But I guess you mean that 8/apps can't be written into a contract, which is kinda obvious.

I'm saying what he'd settle for. If he reckoned on being giving enough of a squad role  - sounds like he'd sign.

Good guys to sit in the background are hard to find.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I dunno how they work. But I guess you mean that 8/apps can't be written into a contract, which is kinda obvious.

I'm saying what he'd settle for. If he reckoned on being giving enough of a squad role  - sounds like he'd sign.

Good guys to sit in the background are hard to find.

Why would the club pay someone to play 8 games a season? Just bad management on so many levels. 

Cracking player for a team that wants solid full backs that focus on defending. He’s been a real asset to us but unfortunately as is the way of the world it’s time to move on. 

I was a big critic of his at the back end of last season when being asked to do things he’s not comfortable with under Puel but not got a bad word to say about him really. 

Fair play Danny :scarf:

Give him another year if he’s willing to take a pay cut. Boxing Day showed us he is a useful player to have. 

Issue is once Dan is back he probably won’t really get a look in again. Hence my feeling he’ll probably be off. He’d still do a job for a lower-end prem team I think.

Best we’ve ever had at back post defending. Solid and sorted us right out when we were in the shit and pushed on from there. 

Off the field he’s a massive bellend, but he’s worthy of finishing the season with us IMO.

• Like 1