Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Danny Simpson on the dressing room bond, and his future.

28 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

"They don't regret moving, they just miss that special bond". I'm pretty sure Drinkwater regrets moving! 

Good to see him still being professional but his days are numbered here. Been a great pro for us and was a rock during the title win and has been steady this season when called upon but he's not getting any younger and wont play much here with Ricardo and Amartey when hes back. He'll get a decent champ team or lower end prem team in the summer. 

What he’s trying to get at is that they do regret moving but also trying to cover their backs as they’re great friends too. 

I'm in favour of playing three at the back. Simmo and Amartey could compete for the right sided position. In the Great Season I lost count of the number of times he made clearing headers at the far post from the opposition right wing.

He is a damned good defensive full back and his distribution is always neat if unspectacular. I think three at the back would suit us given the ability of Chilly and Ricardo to play as wing backs and the strong shield offered by our midfield. It served us well under Martin O'Neill and properly played it does not mean a leaky defence. You don't win the Premier League by ten clear points with a duff right back. The right side of a back three would play to his strengths.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, KFS said:

Best we’ve ever had at back post defending. Solid and sorted us right out when we were in the shit and pushed on from there. 

Off the field he’s a massive bellend, but he’s worthy of finishing the season with us IMO.

this a million times, the way he defends the back post is an art form

Wasn't at all keen on the man when he signed given his sordid past but his story of redemption is one to rival the imaginations of the greatest playwrights so looking back it's really no surprise how well he gelled with the rest of our merry band of misfits. Absolute pro once all the chips have been counted and I would love him to stay on as a wisened head for the squad.

• Like 1

Lets keep him for as long as he wants to be here.... to show other potential leavers that the grass aint always greener.

I know some dis danny. ... but he was fantastic when we won the league... his step up.... the arrival of fuchs and kante were key.... not in isolation. 

I hope they just roll his contract in till he cant play no more

Edited by foxinsocks

I'll always say this, if he had a bit more attacking attributes he'd be one of the very best RB in the league. Came twice this season, against big fishes and didn't put a foot wrong. I like him. He's now all the way down the pecking order, but if he can live with it and we can afford it, give him a one year extension.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, simpmeister said:

Fantastic pro and has never let us down. Always a solid 7 out of 10 every game. Would be more than happy for Simmo to sign an extension on a reduced wage as an extremely solid and reliable squad player.

Good shout 

Edited by FilbertFrog

8 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

He deserves a lot of credit for remaining professional while out of favour IMO. He’s been a rock when he has come on recently. 

He remains our best defensive right back imo

He’s not the future but is currently better than Amartey. I’d keep him another year.

2 hours ago, That_Dude said:

I'll always say this, if he had a bit more attacking attributes he'd be one of the very best RB in the league. Came twice this season, against big fishes and didn't put a foot wrong. I like him. He's now all the way down the pecking order, but if he can live with it and we can afford it, give him a one year extension.

Feel him, along with Albrighton, were both incredibly unlucky to have not been given an England cap. Simmo was one of the best defensive full backs in the league, and Albrighton one of the best out and out wingers. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bert said:

For everyone saying let’s sell Amartey, let’s not forget he’s just signed a new contract. He isn’t going anywhere. 

We gave Ulloa a new contract a year before selling him.

Personally I'd keep Amartey.