Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Danny Simpson on the dressing room bond, and his future.

21 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I've always liked Simmo. There's something refreshingly normal and mischievous about him. 

Absurdly lavish birthday parties at the Manchester midland. Lamborghini. A chequered personal life. Summers spent partying at beach clubs. Yet an honest, decent, reliable pro who, like so.many in the title team, brings more than the sum of his parts.

I reckon he'd settle for 8 apps per season and a reduced two year extension

throw 10k a week at him, his own personal barber, a new canada goose and some yeezys, job done.

Whilst I absolutely, 100%, want to see the club supporting Amartey through his rehabilitation, I'd be far more pleased to see Simpson's contract extended than his. Never really liked the fact that Amartey was getting picked ahead of him. 

Not because I particularly dislike Amartey but all we were really using him as was a limited, defensive full back and I actually don't think there are all that many in the league miles better than him. 

His positioning is uncomfortably narrow at times but I've always assumed it was intentional, he's encouraged to send players wide and force a cross for the cbs to deal with and it's generally served us well. 

He might be absolute dog with the ball at his feet and we definitely need to have Perreira but as back up when we've got to shut up shop? Can do a lot worse than Simmo even at 31.

• Like 3

Admits he would feel differently if he wssnt getting a look in.

Hes only been involved as amartey is injured.

I love danny simpson but can we afford to give a squad place to a 3rd choice right back?

Think the owners would happily give him a new contract but puel will get the final say.

5 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Squad is too big & we already have 2 other RBs. 

Yeah but 1 is currently injured. If Amartey was back I wouldn't be opposed to letting Simpson go now but as it stands I think we need him for the remainder of season. I probably wouldn't be extending his contract unless it was on significantly reduced terms that made it a no brainer for the club, which in reality he is unlikely to accept

I’d give him a year. We know we already need another striker, attacking wide player and cm, all of whom are good enough to start. Add to that a Fuchs replacement and undoubtedly one or two others, it makes sense to keep Simmo around, especially as he’s clearly desperate to. Bit of long term planning.

Simpson has his attributes but he does not play the way Puel wants the team to play so I doubt that he will be offered a new contract.  His defending is more solid than Ricardo's (despite all the deserved plaudits for his attacking performance and goal against Man City his weakness in positioning contributed to the Man City goal and other chances) but he does not have the passing ability speed and ball control skills that make Ricardo such a threat.  I believe that he could still contribute to the team (mainly as a sub) but it's in Puel's hands.

59 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Keep. I like him on and off the field. 

This statement alone shows how far he’s come at our club. Booed on to the field and general consensus (me included) was he should have been sacked.... went down the rehab route and has sorted himself out for the good of his career and family. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AjcW said:

This statement alone shows how far he’s come at our club. Booed on to the field and general consensus (me included) was he should have been sacked.... went down the rehab route and has sorted himself out for the good of his career and family. 

Was about to say the same thing, look at where he was when we signed him and all the press related to his off field antics.

Look at him now, very rarely do you hear of stuff going on off the pitch. He sounds to really feel at home here. 

The change in him and the club in general since Vichai arrived has been incredible.

He goes down has one of our special stars...One of best Bliners who covered the CBs when they went forward.Solid defender!!!

With Ricardo and Amartey,This legend might get 10 games a season.  I'd like to keep hold,but if he could find a club giving him a decent run

towards the back end of his career..he would go with my blessings....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Why would the club pay someone to play 8 games a season? Just bad management on so many levels. 

The club paid millions for some players who never even reached 8 first team games in a season. At least you know what you get with Simpson and he has been excellent value for the money we paid for him. If you want to talk about bad management on so many levels, talk about recruitment instead of having a go at Simpson. 

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Was about to say the same thing, look at where he was when we signed him and all the press related to his off field antics.

Look at him now, very rarely do you hear of stuff going on off the pitch. He sounds to really feel at home here. 

The change in him and the club in general since Vichai arrived has been incredible.

I like how he just got his head down and worked hard to gain his place in the squad after his off-field issues. Shame about his social media blip after we announced Ricardo. Looked like he was gutted to lose his place in the starting lineup.

• Like 1

"They don't regret moving, they just miss that special bond". I'm pretty sure Drinkwater regrets moving! 

Good to see him still being professional but his days are numbered here. Been a great pro for us and was a rock during the title win and has been steady this season when called upon but he's not getting any younger and wont play much here with Ricardo and Amartey when hes back. He'll get a decent champ team or lower end prem team in the summer. 

Always liked him from the moment he signed. Ignoring what he does In his personal life, he’s a great professional and can always be relied upon. Boxing Day being the perfect example. Sure he’s not first choice anymore and rightly so, but he still wants to be part of the club and happy with anything that comes his way. Great in the dressing room and brings some wealthy experience.