Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Anthem

Anyone else played this yet? Currently available to Origin premier subscribers but gets "general" release on the 22nd. 

Really enjoying it so far. Always loved Bioware games and this feels like the game Andromeda should have been. Typical looter shooter but the movement and combat are superb. Have a feel it could become stale in a few weeks with regards to content, but hopefully they keep active on release new things to do. 

Be good to hear if anyone else has tried this, as I'm a big fan of these styles of games (Destiny, Division, borderlands etc.).

I'm kinda on one a little bit at the minute regards EA, I know a one man boycott doesn't really change a lot but I feel like I'm just done. 

It's a shame because Anthem and Apex both look like games I'd probably enjoy but I'm just done with giving them my money and my playtime. 

Edited by Finnegan

On 19/02/2019 at 19:58, Legend_in_blue said:

A few reviews have come in today and the game looks decidedly average.  BioWare's fall from grace continues...

I thought Andromeda was great and vastly misunderstand and the games media had got it all wrong?

On 21/02/2019 at 17:51, Sir Shep said:

Has it got a single player story or is it all about jumping around and shooting? Anyway BioWare need to be Mass Effecting, bring back the Shep, I don’t care if he/she is dead just do it!

Your're dead pal, live with it.....if that makes sense. 

On topic this looks pretty but dreadful. 

The game is meh at best. 

Fed up of the Games as a Service model as it's clearly failing badly. Any gamer who is content with companies releasing a broken product and disguising fixes as "content updates" need to stop gaming completely. 

This game needs massive fundamental work that will not probably save the game now. Its dead already. 

The game is beautiful, but that's it. I think Bioware have lost too many of their most talented staff due to the poor working conditions in the industry at this "AAA" level. You can see the artistry is still there, without any of the 'soul' and intelligent design needed to bring it all together. I really worry for them now with EA's history of killing teams.

Highly recommend Warframe if you like the looter shooter genre, it's incredible and has been constantly developed and improved since it came out in 2013. It's also completely free to play. Huge new player learning curve, but I'd urge you not to let that stop you. 

2 and a bit weeks in and she's been uninstalled already.  Ignore any positive thoughts I had in opening post!

I agree with pretty much of the above posts.  Incredibly pretty game but to call it stale is an understatement.  Very repetitive combat, short and dull story.  No doubt they'll improve it, but that's not a reason to release such a beige game in the first place.  Bioware have really run out of ideas and it's painful to see to see as KOTOR 1&2, Dragon Age and Mass Effect 2 are gaming highlights of mine.

Agree with Z, warframe is superb.

Avoid.

• 1 year later...