Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
astoriafox

Puel's kids?

6 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

I’d take that till the end of the season I wouldn’t want it full time at all! Think waiting till the summer gives us more options,not sure about Rogers myself,as I said I’d prefer an up and coming English man got a chance a Wilder or a Lampard or Gerrard. I only got arsey cause you called me a negative tosser,you drew first blood not me, not one to hold grudges though if you come at me civil you will get the same in return.

Yes, definitely just till the end of the season in the first instance. 

I like Wilder most of those three. He has a remarkable record of improving every club he’s been at from the very bottom to Championship now with Sheffield United. Still think it’s too early to tell with Lampard and Gerrard. So few great players make great managers and Derby and Rangers doing all right is a big risk with 100 million real estate repayment training ground risk riding in it. 

You could be proved right over time on all three though. 

Edited by Nickfosse

15 hours ago, astoriafox said:

I won't apologise, I have struggled with this perception for ages.

Chilwell - regular in first team squad, yes puel gave him more game time - well done to puel

Barnes - loaned out, but impressed so much at wba and we have such limited attacking options he had to bring him back(well done to puel, but slightly sarcastic)

Choudhury - should have possibly played more

Ndidi - been in squad for 2 years as per mendy

Gray - same old (or young) Gray, been in and out of team since he's been here, no change there

Ricardo - good signing

Madison - one of the best players outside of premier League when we bought him for a lot of money.

So in short he's played chilwell (which we all expected), given Choudhary a few games and has brought Barnes back - coincidentally 1 point since he came back, not his fault. 

He's bought some young players of whom you'd say Ricardo and Madison are 2 you would say are good signings.

The rest either not so good signings that they aren't getting game time or not impressing and the rest were already here playing and haven't really improved.

So again, what puel youth revolution? 

We've gone from one of the oldest teams to fielding a team at Spurs that was a few days off being the youngest team that's started in the premier league out of any team this season. We've given double the minutes to young players than anyone else.

It's a case iron indisputable fact that he and the club went down the youth route and have was brave enough to give them a chance over more established players. It's not even something people could form a proper argument against because the facts are there in black and white.

Genius youth coach? No. Picks and puts faith in young players and gives them a platform to grow, absolutely.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, desertfox2 said:

Can Gray be improved though? It's getting to the point where potential just hadn't morphed into a proper player. Probably right on Chilwell. Puel did give him a chance though. It's easy to see that is the right decision now but at the time a lot of managers would have stuck with Fuchs. Tactics and style of play horrendous but he does play youth. 

Yep agree 100%, was always one positive, he gave youth a chance unlike many others 

13 hours ago, shailen said:

Gray has had much more of a chance under Puel than any other manager. We cannot say whether he improved or not given the limited time he had with Shakey or Ranieri.

Chilwell - I take the point but he chose to put him in the team when at times he wasn't playing that well last season. He saw the potential.

Maddison is a good signing and he has gone backwards a little in recent weeks - I do agree but this is more due to Puels tactics as he is being asked to find an eye of the needle ball every time and ends up losing the ball.

Hamza let's be honest - who saw the potential there. I personally thought the boy was no where near good enough but Puel put him in for some big games.

Pereira is a revelation. Do not need to explain this one.

I think Puel has put a lot of faith in youth and although there was a lot and I mean a lot wrong in his tenure - one thing I don't take away from him is bringing on some of our younger players. 

Agreed 

6 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Hate the title of the thread, there LCFC kids not Puel's, Chilwell, Hamza, Barnes have been natured by the club for 5-10 years .

Ndidi, Gray, key squad members under previous managers

That's exactly my point, maybe I should have put a question mark at the end of the title! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

He's given them some time but I don't think he's actually really improved many of them really. He's also massively under-used Choudhury.

I don't necessarily disagree with your point, but is this the same Choudray that virtually everyone was losing their mind over being selected to start in the Carabao Cup quarter final?

15 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Do we really think this will keep them should a Man City or Liverpool come in for them? Personally they might happier, but I don't think it changes much the second an offer comes in.

We humans are more complicated,than football forums traits to the obvious...These youngsters will have ambitions..agents a pecking,but they as individuals will carry their worries and concerns(whatever they maybe). They won't be blind to club potential,they won't be blind to the differences in paths and success or lack of it...for Kante...then Drinkwater,& Mahrez, with potential players,hanging in on loan deals,and our own big signings 4-6 in the last 3 years that havent cut it!!

Leicester has put up a challenge ,and a good vibe going into the future...Definite 1st team football for our so called group of stars!!!

we don't know the inner workings of our top lads,but game time at their age will be paramount...

So clear black n white,for most of our players  taking the money and running is not,what I see!!!

The obvious odds on player s XYZ, taking top club offers are not IMO clear cut....

Now watch us sell them all ,...over the summer!! :rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

More likely than previously i'd say.

I'm just not sure players turn down those opportunities if they become available very often. They've all got time on their side which is a plus though.

Who do you guys think, of the young players here, Rogers will like or dislike?

I think for one he will bin Ndidi for a while until he can improve his passing and ball control.

I reckon he will use more of Hamza and Barnes will be even better.

I think he will also improve Chilwell and Gray so they are not as indecisive and play up field faster.

I am not sure about Maddison. He might bin him for a while as he has been pretty poor recently. 

I hope he doesn’t miss those who are out on loan including Thomas and Diabetes.