Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

BR’s first press conference

Guest ttfn
1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

If puel could have connected with us and explained what he was doing then he would have had more support. From what we have heard inside the camp, that lack of communication wasn’t just restricted to the fans. 

Management at this level of sport is about more than any single thing. Rodgers may not actually be as tactically astute as puel but if he gets his message over better then the end result will be winning games.   The prof of the pudding etc etc ..... however, given the appeal of the new training facility and a manager of his profile, I can see us attracting a higher standard of player in the next two summer windows. 

Gareth Southgate is an interesting example of this. At the World Cup tactically he was all over the shop but he was a very good communicator with a clear plan of what he wanted the team to do and created a feel good factor which carried a pretty average team to the semi finals (via, of course, a favourable draw).

Personally I think there’s only so far that can take you. But if Rodgers is half as good a manager as he is a talker (and I think he is) then I think he’ll do well here. 

Edited by ttfn

Looking forward to buckling up & enjoying the ride whilst it lasts.  Moving from the toxicity of the end of CP's reign to the positivity of BR's era within a week has been great.  I'm sure there will be lots of ups/downs but the fun factor is back again.  Thanks Top for cheering us up again & bringing back the excitement. :scarf::thumbup::appl:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, SheppyFox said:

Are you a Celtic fan? 

I'm on the Brendan Rodgers tour.  Watching him spread the beautiful game to wherever he goes. Since 2011.

Actually just like learning about the game and how it works. He's the only manager I know who ever made the effort to teach us fans. Starting with a Tika-Taki article in the telegraph.

Where ever I am on the tour I dive in to the team and the culture . Hard not to stop caring when I leave. 

On 02/03/2019 at 00:18, HighPeakFox said:

This is the bit that jumped out at me - he understands that there's a sub-conscious, and makes sense of what happened in 2016. He might give good presser, but there's no mistaking that he's given this some thought.

Totally agree with this. He's definitely got the gift of the gab but there's some things that he says that really reassure me that he does actually know what he's talking about.

That point about our strong dressing room is absolutely spot on for me as well. I genuinely believe the likes of Schmeichel & Vardy will do whatever for us to be successful. Maybe I'm a mug but it's how I feel on it.

• Like 1