Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

BR’s first press conference

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yes they would, even if they were 8 points clear and still in the QF of the cup they'd be off down here to the Prem like a rat up a drain pipe.

Wouldn't even nothing turning off the fancy new disco lights they had installed. 

14 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

It is what it is. His dad was hugely involved in his “business apprenticeship”. We aren’t talking decisions about spending a couple of grand on a Renault Clio here.

We’re talking global level business decisions, affecting thousands of people, tens of thousands. He’s always had his dad to discuss these decisions with, to call on his experience and now he doesn’t.

Nothing condescending and certainly nothing malicious or negative meant by it :) 

Pretty sure he was also referring to the way he’s dealt publicly with a huge personal loss, he’s been an absolute rock for the family. Top has shown more than just courage in a business aspect, he’s shown strength beyond most people’s capabilities in the face of huge media attention. Top is a beast.

Rodgers is no stranger to grief having lost both his parents in their 50s in the space of a year while managing Liverpool.

Damn! Love me some sweet press conference right there. I just love how he educates you about all the different aspects of the game that you didn't even know existed. 10 meters to 8 priceless.

9 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

This is the bit that jumped out at me - he understands that there's a sub-conscious, and makes sense of what happened in 2016. He might give good presser, but there's no mistaking that he's given this some thought.

Spot on, its most certainly delving into the subconscious and it’s refreshing to hear a manager articulate it. Psychology and mindset of the players is undeniably a huge part of the game, perhaps other managers (defo pearson) understood this but it’s still nice to hear it communicated. These are the subtle things that build a connection between the manager and fans. 

8 hours ago, st albans fox said:

He’s more likely to play the lead in a remake of dynasty than to create one here and last a long time 

If he is successful he will leave for a bigger job in two or three seasons 

if he isn’t then he will more than likely be relieved of his duties 

not sure how the middle ground scenario plays out but it could do if we have some good cup runs and then perhaps he would manage to see out his contract ....

stilll not a dynasty .....

Im not so sure he would leave,the problem with celtic was they dont have ambitions to go further in other comps etc...

it sounds like top wants the club to keep improving to be one of the biggest clubs,so the challenge will always be there with the facilities and finance to do it.

I'm sorry, but I'm not going to eat the cheese like the vast majority of you have. Not yet anyway. Of course, I want him to succeed, but even taking into consideration the pretty meaningless 'treble treble' he was on the verge of at Celtic, his reputation seems to far exceed his actual accomplishments. I wonder if all this giddyness amongst our fans is simply because he's not Claude Puel.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I'm sorry, but I'm not going to eat the cheese like the vast majority of you have. Not yet anyway. Of course, I want him to succeed, but even taking into consideration the pretty meaningless 'treble treble' he was on the verge of at Celtic, his reputation seems to far exceed his actual accomplishments. I wonder if all this giddyness amongst our fans is simply because he's not Claude Puel.

It's because he talks well.

People hated Pearson and Puel because they didn't engage well with the fans.

People liked Ranieri and like Rodgers because they talk well.

It's best to ignore that shit and just focus on what they're doing for the team. Personally I prefer the cards close to your chest Pearson and Puel types and i'm untrusting of whitening your teeth and publicity courting Rodgers types.

Being that way certainly gets fans on your side though and arguably buys you time in case things don't work out so well.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, EnglishOxide said:

It's because he talks well.

People hated Pearson and Puel because they didn't engage well with the fans.

People liked Ranieri and like Rodgers because they talk well.

It's best to ignore that shit and just focus on what they're doing for the team. Personally I prefer the cards close to your chest Pearson and Puel types and i'm untrusting of whitening your teeth and publicity courting Rodgers types.

Being that way certainly gets fans on your side though and arguably buys you time in case things don't work out so well.

Pearson spoke well and was a great man Manager for us, Puel was sadly tripe! Did introduce the younger players but his style of footie was abysmal for us.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

He hasn't given his life yet.

Disappointed. :angry:

Yeah, me too. I might chuck a grenade on the pitch*. If he's true to his word, he'll dive on it. 

*If any counter terrorism officers are reading this, I absolutely won't do that. Don't put me on your list, please :fc:

• Haha 1

If puel could have connected with us and explained what he was doing then he would have had more support. From what we have heard inside the camp, that lack of communication wasn’t just restricted to the fans. 

Management at this level of sport is about more than any single thing. Rodgers may not actually be as tactically astute as puel but if he gets his message over better then the end result will be winning games.   The prof of the pudding etc etc ..... however, given the appeal of the new training facility and a manager of his profile, I can see us attracting a higher standard of player in the next two summer windows. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, SO1 said:

Damn! Love me some sweet press conference right there. I just love how he educates you about all the different aspects of the game that you didn't even know existed. 10 meters to 8 priceless.

Are you a Celtic fan?