Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

BR’s first press conference

15 minutes ago, AjcW said:

To be fair he said “big role to player around the club” 

Essentially he’s a  cheerleader until the end of the season 

Yep agree. Not handing out sentimental contracts when the wages could be better used elsewhere is hopefully what he intends to do.

6 minutes ago, Burgh foxes said:

Switched it off ,all about Celtic and how much his family are disappointed they are .

Tbf, he spoke about Celtic for the first 6 minutes because he was asked questions about Celtic. 

Spoke much more about us.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

BR: The team needs to play with a greater intensity. We have to defend with a higher block. The team likes to play with a real emphasis at the top end of the field but we have to put a structure in place defensively to allow them to do that. We have to play with a higher tempo.

:scarf::scarf::scarf::scarf:

Everyone should be happy to hear this, let’s hope we can see it on the field!

• Like 1

Also very good to hear:

BR: Every club can have a clear vision and then with the football manager and with Jon, our director of Football, we provide a strategy going football.

With the owner, Khun Top, we have a clear way of how we want to work.

With a football manager, you never believe you will be here a year or six months, so you try to put in a philosophy so that you have a legacy.

I want to take the club forward, I think there’s a wonderful opportunity to do that here.

A lot of people have criticised player recruitment, but it means the club can assist a lot in this regard. Whilst we have signed some stinkers, more recent signings such as Riccy, Maddison, Tielemans fill me with optimism.

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

Also very good to hear:

BR: Every club can have a clear vision and then with the football manager and with Jon, our director of Football, we provide a strategy going football.

With the owner, Khun Top, we have a clear way of how we want to work.

With a football manager, you never believe you will be here a year or six months, so you try to put in a philosophy so that you have a legacy.

I want to take the club forward, I think there’s a wonderful opportunity to do that here.

A lot of people have criticised player recruitment, but it means the club can assist a lot in this regard. Whilst we have signed some stinkers, more recent signings such as Riccy, Maddison, Tielemans fill me with optimism.

But in bold worries me a little - he’s either pessimistic he’ll get sacked or we’re a stepping stone. He also said the legacy phrase at Celtic too... Don’t break my heart, Brendan, just be good and stay with us! 

1 minute ago, HoustonFox said:

But in bold worries me a little - he’s either pessimistic he’ll get sacked or we’re a stepping stone. He also said the legacy phrase at Celtic too... Don’t break my heart, Brendan, just be good and stay with us! 

Modern Football...Hero Today Bum Tomorrow Bum Today Hero Tomorrow.....And on it goes. Sounds like most peoples jobs. Whatever.

2 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

I hope that's the end of having to listen to anything about a tinpot poverty club like Celtic. 

It's funny how the whole world views Leicester as a bigger club than Celtic now apart from their inbred fans. 

Other than the manager who clearly didn't think so when asked, or almost any other fan. We aren't "bigger" than Celtic, what we are quite simply is a more interesting project at this moment in time. Because you just can't win up there, well you can... you win everything, but that's the problem.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

He's saying, you can't manage a football team thinking it'll end within a year or so (which is often the case) you manage as if you're going to be here for a long while, hence the legacy comments. All good from Brenda, he's pure sauce.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

I hope that's the end of having to listen to anything about a tinpot poverty club like Celtic. 

It's funny how the whole world views Leicester as a bigger club than Celtic now apart from their inbred fans. 

Celtic currently have over £50m in the bank, and a stadium double the size of yours.

Leicester are a more ambitious club.  That's why he left.  Leicester are undoubtedly no small fries after your triumph a few seasons back, however. 

30 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

He's got a lot of form for walking out.

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

BR out, he hasn't mention quality and intensity once......

You're wrong.  He definately did mention that would like to see more " intensity from the players "during the Press Conference. I remember hearing it and smiling to myself.   :D

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He's saying, you can't manage a football team thinking it'll end within a year or so (which is often the case) you manage as if you're going to be here for a long while, hence the legacy comments. All good from Brenda, he's pure sauce.

Thanks for explaining... my point was, and still is, why mention timescale, or legacy (something that, along with the boyhood club comments, got him in trouble with the Celtic fans). Just say “I want to build something exciting here and we have a great infrastructure in place with a very strategic DoF, and a wonderful owner. That’s why I’m here, to build something.” FWIW, he was my first choice to replace CP, and I’m very happy he’s here, but he must know with his form, people are watching his language. Maybe too closely ?

3 minutes ago, Papasmurf said:

He's got a lot of form for walking out.

Yup...! As I said, I hope he doesn’t!!!

• Like 1