Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

BR’s first press conference

How refreshing to see a positive press conference where a manager lays down his expectations and signals his intentions to win a trophy. 

The players and fans have been in desperate need of some direction and even some pressure because we’ve been resting on our laurels with no purpose for nearly 3 seasons now.

So far so good.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

How refreshing to see a positive press conference where a manager lays down his expectations and signals his intentions to win a trophy. 

The players and fans have been in desperate need of some direction and even some pressure because we’ve been resting on our laurels with no purpose for nearly 3 seasons now.

So far so good.

Sincerely, long may you feel this good. 

• Like 4

I think his press conference was very measured and I really liked what he had to say. Not that I had any reservations from when he was first linked to us, to the day he eventually joined as Manager, but I think him being here will almost certainly keep most of this group together which will allow us to build the team in his mould. With Top's plans off the pitch in order to honour his father's legacy, something feels like everything *could* be falling into place.

I'm very, very optimistic about the future now.

Edited by Robin JD Popley
  • Like 1

He certainly knows how to tell people what they want to hear. The players seem entirely enamoured with him.

Although the comments about Top and the tragedy being a reason he took the job doesn’t sit well with me.

A very polished first press conference and so refreshing to listen to after Puel's inane drivel. Rodgers comes across as a manager all fans and players can get behind, bringing us all together.

As far as all this 'my club is bigger than your club' nonsense goes, I sense the real pain for Celtic fans right now is that for decades they have used the 'we're a massive club' tag as their fallback/raison d'être/badge of honour, but Rodgers' departure has brought home to them the unpalatable reality that in the grand scheme of things this is no longer the case.

He chose Leicester over Celtic to further his career and ambition. That says it all.

• Like 2

He really is a car salesman kind of a manager , saying exactly what you want to hear to seal  the deal . That said  If he can pull off half of his ambitions there will be a lot of happy Leicester fans . And if I remember rightly Swansea played some lovely football under him . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kitchandro said:

So far so good.

Positivity is a beautiful force ...

We can get there Kitch!!   :) :thumbup:

Neg2Pos.gif

17 minutes ago, bridport007 said:

I'm starting to get a semi about all this. We are going to be a force

Be patient. It will come.......especially now that he has young players that can run and run and run.

3 hours ago, Paddy. said:

****ing hell. Darren Farley needs to remove his Brendan impression from his repertoire. That was bloody awful.

H's dined off of his Jamie Carragher impression - which is admittedly ****ing brilliant - but everything else is shite..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kitchandro said:

So far so good.

Yeah when he was asked about expectations I expected the usual "we'll aim to finish as high as we can" "we want to be the best of the rest" etc.

Hopefully we won't just take a huge dump on the cups anymore. I'll accept it if we're in Europe but the FA Cup should be the club's number 1 priority for me.

53 minutes ago, brucey said:

He certainly knows how to tell people what they want to hear. The players seem entirely enamoured with him.

Although the comments about Top and the tragedy being a reason he took the job doesn’t sit well with me.

He said he wanted to come to help him achieve his dads dream... the words came out in a funny order so I can see how it might have been interpreted. But that was 100% what he meant, nothing sinister 

He speaketh  in English.I would have loved him to say ive only come here because the money is good  scotland is cold and Ive heard you can get a decent curry.

Plus the checkouts at Morrisons are really quick I wonder if he is going to live on the Monsell or New patks.

Its all about the results so roll on 2.30 pmsunday 

Talk is cheap. Guess what,  you can even get trained in this bollocks. People hear what they want to hear, just like the Celtic fans did with the life long supporter stuff, he's full of the old blarney. If he does well and uses us as a stepping stone that's fine because we will have benefitted somehow which is good. I would think helping to achieve Top's Dad's dream is hardly top of his list but it sounds nice for those receptive to such sound bites but still borders upon the slimey for me. Football is a business and he's in it for money, fame and his next move. I can accept that but don't do the flowers and adoration. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, AjcW said:

He said he wanted to come to help him achieve his dads dream... the words came out in a funny order so I can see how it might have been interpreted. But that was 100% what he meant, nothing sinister 

“With the trauma and all the emotion that has surrounded him, I’ve been absolutely astonished with the stability. That was also very, very important in me coming, because I feel I can help him on his journey and where he wants to take Leicester to. For the first time in his life, he’s without his father, he’s made decisions without his father and he’s been so courageous and brave throughout the process.

Probably just me but I thought it sounded a bit condescending towards Top. Praising Top (his boss) for making independent decisions for the first time? He isn’t a helpless child.

Edited by brucey

4 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Let's be fair, if Celtic were offered the opportunity to join the EPL, they would JUMP at the chance. No second thoughts. There isn't a way in for them though, that's the issue. 

Yes they would, even if they were 8 points clear and still in the QF of the cup they'd be off down here to the Prem like a rat up a drain pipe.

• Like 3