Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bkr14

Memories and Photos of The Charlotte

I was just wondering if anyone had any photos from any gigs they went to at The Charlotte? I'm writing an article about its history and would love to feature some people's favourite moments and pictures from back in the day! Full credit will be given for any photos I use, thank you! 

18 minutes ago, bkr14 said:

I was just wondering if anyone had any photos from any gigs they went to at The Charlotte? I'm writing an article about its history and would love to feature some people's favourite moments and pictures from back in the day! Full credit will be given for any photos I use, thank you! 

I wish.

It was the early 90's when I went to gigs at the Charlotte and the days before camera phones. Never thought to take my Polaroid or 35mm compact camera back then :unsure:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

I wish.

It was the early 90's when I went to gigs at the Charlotte and the days before camera phones. Never thought to take my Polaroid or 35mm compact camera back then :unsure:

Me too.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The Syrup said:

No photos, but Radiohead's first live performance of Creep was at the Charlotte https://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/colin-greenwood-qa-on-radioheads-first-gig-independent-venues-what-the-bands-up-to-now-774340

I remember Oasis played there around the release of their first single, I was at DMU in the early to mid 90s, saw Supergrass there before they hit the big time. Saw a band called Gay Dad (remember them?), managed to get on stage a nick a few guitar plectrums off the singers mic stand mid-gig. Happy Days. Also saw Scissor Sisters there (not so good)

Yeah, I remember Gay Dad! 

One of the first gigs I saw there was Blur before they were big time. My favorite was probably Half Man Half Biscuit. 

• Like 2

I wonder what happened to all the posters of famous bands they had who'd played there when it closed down? Remember going to see my mate's bad there and just being in awe looking at all the great acts you could've seen for two or three quid.

1 hour ago, rico said:

Modern Romance?

A group called Rose. We also played in the place next to St Margaret's Bus station - that had previously (or maybe it was after) been an amusement arcade "crystals" perhaps. Acoustics were terrible

My first group was a little more Punk - The Molitov Cocktails but I don't think the Charlotte even existed then.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No photo's but got a lone misspelled ticket from the mid 90's.

Saw Back to the planet, Fudge Tunnel House of Love that I can remember.

Used to go to the Rockabilly and Psychobilly monthly Thursday nights early 1990s. Would be black and blue from wreckin.

Saw Long Tall Texans, Coffin Nails, Guana batz, Demented are Go and Loughborough's own Cell Mates.

Also a few messy drum n bass night's in 1999/2000 which ended up at the all nighter in that club in Lee Circle

Screenshot_20190505-115316.png

Edited by the_tank
Wrong