Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Match Ratings: Leicester City 0-1 Newcastle - Vote Now

Leicester City 0-1 Newcastle

You do not have permission to vote. Please login to vote.
  1. 5.1

Total Average Rating

122 votes
  2. Highest Rated Player

Kasper Schmeichel 5.9
  3. Lowest Rated Player

Demarai Gray 3.8
  4. Manager Confidence 96% -2%

3 hours ago, ttfn said:

Gray has started 10 league games since the turn of the year. According to these ratings he’s been one of our 3 worst performers in 8 of those games.

I know he’s at risk of becoming something of a scapegoat but it’s unbelievable how many chances he’s getting.

He was better than Ndidi, Chilwell, Vardy, Tielemans, Morgan and Maddison last night largely just by virtue of being more anonymous than them but that's not particularly his fault when everything went down the left via Chilwell regardless of how many times he gave it away. 

Everyone was shit yesterday, including Gray, but rating him significantly worse than everyone else is just FT scapegoating. 

Even if you hold him partly accountable for the goal for not tracking back enough, he's not the centre half that got out jumped by a skinny midget winger. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

If you think Gray was better than Maddison and Tielemans last night we were definitely watching different games.  The only player on the pitch in a blue shirt who was worse than Gray was Ndidi.

As for Wes, I knew there was no way Rodgers would bench him after scoring two goals but the clear fact is, when he's paired with Maguire (and if Harry wants to play, he'll play) Morgan's lack of pace is sorely exposed.  Evans is sort of the jack of all trades back there, pretty good at everything and can play with anybody - but Morgan and Maguire can't be paired with each other.  If Evans is out it has to be Soyuncu.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

He was better than Ndidi, Chilwell, Vardy, Tielemans, Morgan and Maddison last night largely just by virtue of being more anonymous than them but that's not particularly his fault when everything went down the left via Chilwell regardless of how many times he gave it away. 

Everyone was shit yesterday, including Gray, but rating him significantly worse than everyone else is just FT scapegoating. 

Even if you hold him partly accountable for the goal for not tracking back enough, he's not the centre half that got out jumped by a skinny midget winger. 

Other than the part about him being better than Maddison I agree

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ttfn said:

Gray has started 10 league games since the turn of the year. According to these ratings he’s been one of our 3 worst performers in 8 of those games.

I know he’s at risk of becoming something of a scapegoat but it’s unbelievable how many chances he’s getting.

I was quite surprised to find that apart from Newport every game that has been missed by Maguire  quite a few we are unbeaten  food for thought in view of all the stick morgan gets  so any body could be made a scapegoat Spurs always winwithout Kane

20 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

If you think Gray was better than Maddison and Tielemans last night we were definitely watching different games.  The only player on the pitch in a blue shirt who was worse than Gray was Ndidi.

As for Wes, I knew there was no way Rodgers would bench him after scoring two goals but the clear fact is, when he's paired with Maguire (and if Harry wants to play, he'll play) Morgan's lack of pace is sorely exposed.  Evans is sort of the jack of all trades back there, pretty good at everything and can play with anybody - but Morgan and Maguire can't be paired with each other.  If Evans is out it has to be Soyuncu.

I don't think it's necessarily Morgans lack of pace but more Maguires cumbersome forays forward that leaves us exposed at times. As for Evans being a 'Jack of all trades ' I would have to disagree, he imo,  on this season's form is our best centre half. His positioning and reading of the game is miles ahead of Maguires. This should perhaps be expected in fairness due to age and experience. Maguire is at his best when playing like he did in his last game for England, when staying back and concentrating on his foremost job. He can be a liability at times.

40 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I don't think it's necessarily Morgans lack of pace but more Maguires cumbersome forays forward that leaves us exposed at times. As for Evans being a 'Jack of all trades ' I would have to disagree, he imo,  on this season's form is our best centre half. His positioning and reading of the game is miles ahead of Maguires. This should perhaps be expected in fairness due to age and experience. Maguire is at his best when playing like he did in his last game for England, when staying back and concentrating on his foremost job. He can be a liability at times.

I don't think calling Evans a jack-of-all-trades implies anything about him not being our best centre half - I think he is.  All it says is that he's the best not because of any one skill or physical attribute, but his total skillset as a defender.

• Like 1

Poor game and certainly no better than any game Puel was so often slated for on here. Far too much safe passing and little idea of how to breakdown a defense. It was very poor by us and I was amazed Rodgers didn't change it around at half time. N'Didi was caught out several times and to me it was obvious Newcastle had a plan to target him, so he should have gone at half time. What a chance we threw away to control 7th place, especially with Saturday's results. 

Kasper -6- Not a lot to do and no chance with the goal. A couple of smart saves, especially the one after Chilwell was bamboozled.

Ricardo -5- Caught out several times. His worst display for sometime.

Morgan -5- Not for the first time this season he was out positioned and out jumped for their goal. twice caught out on counter attacks. Reminded me of Bournemouth.

Maguire -6- Looks nothing like the player of last season. Looks nervous and slow. 

Chilwell -6- At least he showed some urgency going forward but caught out several times defensively. 

N'Didi -4- Been in great form, but Newcastle had a plan on him and he had a terrible match. Should have been subbed much earlier.

Gray -5- Just didn't contribute. Should have been subbed at half time with Albrighton.

Tielemans -5- Worst game for us, although did supply a sublime ball which Vardy should have scored from.

Maddison -7- I thought our best player. Looked like he really wanted it, unlike most of our players.

Barnes -6- Some great runs. Desperately needs a goal for 'in front of goal' confidence. 

Vardy -4- Just awful. Missed a great chance and just didn't look his usual self. 

Iheanacho -2- Did he touch the ball? Offside twice? But great at pointing at others to chase and cover whilst he stands around doing nothing, so I gave him a 2.

Mendy -4- Ran around, tried, but didn't really improve or drive on the team.

Albrighton -6- Thought he did well in his brief spell, especially after such a terrible injury. Should have been on at half time.

Newcastle -6- Not a lot to beat when we don't bother turning up. Rafa's done a great job keeping a championship side up.

Rodgers -5- Poor tactics and totally out thought by Rafa. I was most alarmed that he didn't change it around at half time. We were poor first half and I'm hoping his lack of changing it at half time is a one off, otherwise I just can't see any reason why we sacked Puel.

Kasper, Wes & Maddison. 7

Barnes & Albrighton. 6

Harry, Ricardo & Vardy. 5

Chilwell, Tielemans, Ndidi, & Mendy. 4

Iheanacho. 3

Gray. 2

Collectively an awful performance and hopefully the last one we will see, surely that is Grays last appearance in the starting line up as the lad just hasn’t got enough to play in the Premier League as he just makes Ricardo looks awful by standing watching the game and not offering any cover. I think it’s time to break up the Chilwell/Barnes pairing and play Albrighton on the left with Barnes on the right. Would sooner see Evans in the back 4 with either Morgan or Maguire (I feel he wants a move) 

Newcastle played a great tactical game against us and credit to them.

Maddison was MOTM for me and he’s the player I really Hope doesn’t move on in the summer as I feel we can replace Maguire & Chilwell if daft big money offers come in....

Ill get me tin hat....:beer: