Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Match Ratings: Leicester City 0-1 Newcastle - Vote Now

Leicester City 0-1 Newcastle

You do not have permission to vote. Please login to vote.
  1. 5.1

Total Average Rating

122 votes
  2. Highest Rated Player

Kasper Schmeichel 5.9
  3. Lowest Rated Player

Demarai Gray 3.8
  4. Manager Confidence 96% -2%

Season: 2018/19
Voting Starts: 12/04/19
Voting Ends: 17/04/19

1. Kasper Schmeichel
  2. Ricardo Pereira
  3. Wes Morgan
  4. Harry Maguire
  5. Ben Chilwell
  6. Wilfred Ndidi
  7. Demarai Gray
  8. Youri Tielemans
  9. James Maddison
  10. Harvey Barnes
  11. Jamie Vardy
  12. Kelechi Iheanacho (sub)
  13. Nampalys Mendy (sub)
  14. Marc Albrighton (sub)

Thought Chilwell and Maddison had decent games, Kasper, Youri and Barnes were okay. Gray was totally ineffective, Vards was well below par and Wes WOTM.

Just now, Always Next Year said:

Don’t think that anyone had a really good game, an off night by everyone, no way are we going to finish 7th.

Agree, but Maddison at least tried to make something happen, even if it wasn't coming off. He always looked like the only player who would create anything. He wasn't great, but still our best player by a country mile (which is saying something).

• Like 3

No-one gets more than a 6. Collectively a poor display with a couple of half-decent individual performances. It's issues like these that will need to be addressed in the summer. 

In the meantime, accept it for what it is and Brendan is trying to make the most of a situation he has inherited. Onto the next game.

Bad day at the office, to many had an off day, to many sloppy passes, vardy and gray totally in affective, and I love wilf but he had a mare.

Look forward to next season, this one was over before Rodgers came here, but have a good feeling about where we are going now.

Guest MattP
22 minutes ago, kingfox said:

7 - Morgan

6 - Schmeichel, Maguire

5 - Ricardo, Maddison, Barnes

4 - Tielemans, Vardy

3 - Chilwell, Ndidi, Gray

This with Ricardo as a 4.

Pretty awful tbh.

Maddison was great second half. One terrible free kick aside I don’t know how much more he could have done. He won 50-50s, turned really well and passed freely. His main problem was he’d pass to Chilwell who’d cut inside and end up passing back to a CB, to Vardy who’d lose it, to Gray (nuff said) or to Pereira who’d give it to their full back.

Barnes, Maguire and Schmeichel were fine, Wes was ok, that was about it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, davieG said:

Tielemans hardly saw the ball in the first half and was below par in the second.

His weakest game yet…. Other than that glorious ball to Vardy

Maybe to Top has asked him to hold back a bit to bring the fee down?!!!

I must have been watching a different game to most 

Kasper 7 

Ricardo 5 

Wes 8 

Maguire 6 

Chilwell 7 

Gray 4

Maddison 7

Tilemans 6

Ndidi 5 

Barnes 5

Vardy 5 

Albrighton made a real difference when he came on. Some great crosses 

Iheanacho’s contribution was to be offside twice. It’s quite staggering how awful he is 

Edited by Dickov22

Gray has started 10 league games since the turn of the year. According to these ratings he’s been one of our 3 worst performers in 8 of those games.

I know he’s at risk of becoming something of a scapegoat but it’s unbelievable how many chances he’s getting.

54 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Also what are all these high ratings for Wes? Not sharp enough for their goal. 

Don't worry, I don't get it either. The average results in the poll are about right. Taking nothing away from the cross and header quality for their goal, mind you. We could learn from that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ttfn said:

Gray has started 10 league games since the turn of the year. According to these ratings he’s been one of our 3 worst performers in 8 of those games.

I know he’s at risk of becoming something of a scapegoat but it’s unbelievable how many chances he’s getting.

Re your last point, I think it reflects the lack of better options. Albrighton has been injured and Ghezzal is not good enough, so Gray has been playing by default. He really is one of the most frustrating players I've seen in a Leicester shirt. You can see the potential, he has good feet/skills, but his movement and decision making is way off what is required at the top level and shows no sign of improving. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 1