Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Alex Telles

Guest SO1
41 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Plays for Porto, as did Ricardo, guess there could be a link there.

But surely only happens if Chilwell goes?

Yes. Surely there's no way we have the money for Telles, Youri, an attacking player and one other. Having both to compete against each other would be lunacy. Why resign Fuchs?

3 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

We signed ricardo, so I’m going to say anyone saying “we’ve got no chance” is being rather silly... 

Sell Chilwell for £60m get this lad in for half price seems like a no brainier.

Apples and oranges, charitably. 

Not a chance in hell. And Chillwell’s not getting sold anyway.

Dunno, the one thing I'd say about Telles is that he's not really a secret. 

He was well thought of in Turkey and has been highly rated at Porto for the last few years. He's not a kid, he's in his prime, nobody's really moved for him so far. 

Like Ricardo, he's stuck behind more favoured options for his national team as well. 

It's definitely not impossible. 

I could think he could become a great player, South Americans do tend to have a good work ethic, due to growing up in poor environment.

We could get him for a bargain and he could be worth 60m in afew seasons. 

40 minutes ago, Crispin LA said:

I could think he could become a great player, South Americans do tend to have a good work ethic, due to growing up in poor environment.

We could get him for a bargain and he could be worth 60m in afew seasons. 

He's 27 in January, players 27+ rarely go for £60m.

I've heard good things about Telles and Porto fans rated him far higher than Ricardo when we bought him. I'd certainly be happy to have Telles if Chilwell was sold but you need to be wary of players who get to this age and have never done it outside of leagues like Portugal.

Looking at his wiki page he spent a season on loan at Inter Milan when he was 23 but Galatasaray ended up selling him to Porto for €6.5m. Just like the Slimani and Silva signings history will tell us to be wary of signing players from Portugal who are still there in their late 20's. 

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Will I get slaughtered for thinking he’s actually an upgrade to Chilly? lol 

I think there a lot of left backs that are more effective than Chilwell at the moment, his ridiculous value and all the hype seems to be centred around his potential. 

• Like 1