Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Alex Telles

Guest SO1

I read his buyout is 36 mil. Pounds or 40 mil. euro. Also read that Atletico Madrid is extremely hot for him.

If that's the case I don't see him coming here as we have no European football to offer him. I can always dream.

3 minutes ago, SO1 said:

I read his buyout is 36 mil. Pounds or 40 mil. euro. Also read that Atletico Madrid is extremely hot for him.

If that's the case I don't see him coming here as we have no European football to offer him. I can always dream.

would make sense as they need a leftback

4 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Will I get slaughtered for thinking he’s actually an upgrade to Chilly? lol 

He's one of Europe's most highly thought of left backs so not really. 

I'm surprised if he's being linked with us. Has he had a shit year?

10 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Will I get slaughtered for thinking he’s actually an upgrade to Chilly? lol 

Not from me, he is actually better right now. But you never know with players like this if they will be able to make the move to another league and adapt as that's always a risk. Just because Ricardo did it, there is no guarantee Telles would.

Chilwell has the better potential though. Many teams are looking at the number of sprints per game Chilwell has (highest in Europe for a left back I believe) and probably believe that he can be molded into a truly world class left back. He is also from our academy so it would be sadder in me eyes if we start selling players we took a long time to develop. However, if you lost Chilwell and gained Telles, you might actually have a better team in the short term.

Personally I would have thought a much bigger team would be in for Telles. To be honest I am sort of surprised Man City aren't one of them!

Ricardo was a player I was 100% confident would be a great player for us. I'd be exactly the same on Telles, he's just a damned good and very consistent player. I felt like we only got Ricardo because of Puel, so unless Telles is secretly Northern Irish I can't see him here! And anyway I'd prefer we kept Chilly tbh.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

He's one of Europe's most highly thought of left backs so not really. 

I'm surprised if he's being linked with us. Has he had a shit year?

According to his figures no. If that’s his shit year I’ll happily have him lol maybe having Ricardo May help us if we do make a move I’m not sure?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Not from me, he is actually better right now. But you never know with players like this if they will be able to make the move to another league and adapt as that's always a risk. Just because Ricardo did it, there is no guarantee Telles would.

Chilwell has the better potential though. Many teams are looking at the number of sprints per game Chilwell has (highest in Europe for a left back I believe) and probably believe that he can be molded into a truly world class left back. He is also from our academy so it would be sadder in me eyes if we start selling players we took a long time to develop. However, if you lost Chilwell and gained Telles, you might actually have a better team in the short term.

Personally I would have thought a much bigger team would be in for Telles. To be honest I am sort of surprised Man City aren't one of them!

Ricardo was a player I was 100% confident would be a great player for us. I'd be exactly the same on Telles, he's just a damned good and very consistent player. I felt like we only got Ricardo because of Puel, so unless Telles is secretly Northern Irish I can't see him here! And anyway I'd prefer we kept Chilly tbh.

I agree with you completely, I don’t want to lose Chilly the way the boy sprints down the field in the 90th minute is amazing. I think Southgate will have a big say on his future personally.

Truth be told the only other replacement I’ve potentially thought of incase we lost Chilly was Tierney for obvious reasons. However if we are to lose him Telles would 100% be my first choice. You never know the pull of playing In the premier league can sometimes simply be enough. I would say that was the case for us with Ricardo.

• Like 2