Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Whats more Important now?

I put this question to you, We beat Cardiff on Wednesday, but would have you prefered that to have been 3 points rather than a knockout game? I think that 3 points would have been far more valuble to us, but if we on Saturday, I'll take both :thumbup:

Yeah Suppouse i would take the 3 points.

we do on papaer have no chance of winning it but stanger things have happened at sea. Swindon winning it Division 4 in the 60's! didnt we beat lowly Tranmere in the final? Milwall were in the FA Cup final 2 years ago. Its far from impossible i do have to say.

Yeah Suppouse i would take the 3 points.

we do on papaer have no chance of winning it but stanger things have happened at sea. Swindon winning it Division 4 in the 60's! didnt we beat lowly Tranmere in the final? Milwall were in the FA Cup final 2 years ago. Its far from impossible i do have to say.

Add to that the respect that leicester has fo the cup, you don't appear in 3 finals in relative quick succession for no reason

yeah points are vital to us but if levien can make 6 changes and still get through to the next round then we should take this cup seriously

That really shows the strength in depth we have with this squad. Throughout the season this should really pay off.

That really shows the strength in depth we have with this squad. Throughout the season this should really pay off.

Indeed. CL never failed to mention in pre-season that we were going to have a small squad this season, but it's not really, especially when you look at Burnley's squad.

Don't stand a chance to win the cup. Leicester have picked up more silverware in the pat 10 years than most Premiership teams. If teams like Millwall and Tranmere to name a few over the past 6-7 years can make it to cup finals, why can't Leicester???

One day a team outside the Premier league will win a cup, that just could be us.

I'dd prefer the 3 points though.

I think they're equally important. Confidence really is a vital ingredient in sport. The holy grail for confidence is winning.

This was one of my big gripes about that fiasco at Wolves. We never set out to win. We conceded the initiative before we started.

Another thing about confidence is that it leads onto the other important ingredient for a team - playing with style and imagination.

Blend the two ingredients together and you get a side that people want to watch, that other clubs take notice of, that sports editors and television journalists want to talk about.

We need to develop the winning mentality right through the club. Make it part of our expectations.

Under MA we got into the habit of losing. Even when we were 2-0 up we were so afraid of still losing that we went into fatal retreats.

When Adams left it wasn't possible to wave a wand and have the losing habit disappear. It was so ingrained some of us wondered if it needed exorcism rather than just a new manager and new players.

Our team so lacked confidence that even our own fans cringed to see them on television because all they could offer was stoicism and modest attempts at blanket defence whenever they faced anyone who might be called a football team (remember Blackburn?).

Even now our confidence is fragile. But all of a sudden we have efforvescent players like Hume and Gold-Smith to offer us a new and exciting dimension. All of a sudden WE are starting to carry a threat. That will help the other players.

They don't need to clutch at straws by grabbing a goal from somewhere/anywhere and trying to hang on. At long last we have people who can score, who can pierce concentrated defences who can get down the flanks, who can defend, who can last the pace and who can concentrate.

We no longer have a team of past-it-pensioners.

We can now look at every game as a potential win and that is what we should do - whether it be a cup match, a League match or a friendly match to advertise and represent what our club is all about.

Football is only really fun when you're winning. And a lost cup match is just as disheartening, leads to just as much uncertainly and soul-searching as a lost League match. Much better not to lose at all. Not even to consider losing.

Every victory puts more pounds in the purse and gives our club more options and more potential.

The big aim now should be to win at Preston and to further spread the message in football that Leicester are fast becoming a force to be reckoned with again.

yeh well said when you look at players like gerrbrand that are sub yet they wouldnt look out of place playing regular at any other championship team

I think they're equally important. Confidence really is a vital ingredient in sport. The holy grail for confidence is winning.

This was one of my big gripes about that fiasco at Wolves. We never set out to win. We conceded the initiative before we started.

Another thing about confidence is that it leads onto the other important ingredient for a team - playing with style and imagination.

Blend the two ingredients together and you get a side that people want to watch, that other clubs take notice of, that sports editors and television journalists want to talk about.

We need to develop the winning mentality right through the club. Make it part of our expectations.

Under MA we got into the habit of losing. Even when we were 2-0 up we were so afraid of still losing that we went into fatal retreats.

When Adams left it wasn't possible to wave a wand and have the losing habit disappear. It was so ingrained some of us wondered if it needed exorcism rather than just a new manager and new players.

Our team so lacked confidence that even our own fans cringed to see them on television because all they could offer was stoicism and modest attempts at blanket defence whenever they faced anyone who might be called a football team (remember Blackburn?).

Even now our confidence is fragile. But all of a sudden we have efforvescent players like Hume and Gold-Smith to offer us a new and exciting dimension. All of a sudden WE are starting to carry a threat. That will help the other players.

They don't need to clutch at straws by grabbing a goal from somewhere/anywhere and trying to hang on. At long last we have people who can score, who can pierce concentrated defences who can get down the flanks, who can defend, who can last the pace and who can concentrate.

We no longer have a team of past-it-pensioners.

We can now look at every game as a potential win and that is what we should do - whether it be a cup match, a League match or a friendly match to advertise and represent what our club is all about.

Football is only really fun when you're winning. And a lost cup match is just as disheartening, leads to just as much uncertainly and soul-searching as a lost League match. Much better not to lose at all. Not even to consider losing.

Every victory puts more pounds in the purse and gives our club more options and more potential.

The big aim now should be to win at Preston and to further spread the message in football that Leicester are fast becoming a force to be reckoned with again.

good points

I remember a thread from last season asking: Would you rather win the FA Cup than stay up?

This thread has reminded me of that. The League will always remain a priority as that decides the future of the club, not some knock out competition, which we have no realistic chance of winning. Don't get me wrong, I'm loving the fact we're just one game away from the quarter finals, but points are more valuable in the long run.

Happy as I was last night, I'm more pissed off by the fact we lost in the league than if we'd have lost last night.

I dunno you know if you lose in a competition like the Carling cup u tend to think of S**T thats that for this year then while if u lose in the league u do tend to think o well there is always next week.

The reason id say id take the 3 points is if we had 3 more points on the board then we could relistically be talking about the play offs, where as we are now 5 points a drift of them hovering in no mans land.

on a completly differnt note

Somthing I haven't mentioned since Tuesday is, that yet again we have won away in a cup competition. Now, like i said before look at how good our cup form has been under Levien, fair enough we have not played That many good teams, but compare it to the league away form, theres somthing going on. We went to Cardiff with a plan in the league cup, in the league we went 4-4-2 same tatics no changes. Compared to the excellent tatical descions made by Levein and the change of formation of Tuesday night, and the effectivness of it, why am I not feeling confident about Saturday?

Because on Saturday it will be the same underperforming side that were Embrassed at Burnely. Is it the same team that beat Watford? Yes. Why did we win that game? Because Watford are a small team based around playing open, quick football. Mcarthy and Dublin were able to control their smaller strikers and Kisnorbo made sure no decent balles were fed through to Ashley Young (bar 1). We will beat teams who cant match us phyically every time we play them.

We beat Cardiff beacuse Koumas and Cameron and Derome were shut down Alan Lee is crap, and we had alot of options in the final third with so many attacking players playing. Cardiff have a good defence in my opnion i remember Darren Purse being tipped for big things, we sliced straight through them for 80 mins.

Preston will probabley hussle and bussle us out of the game pretty much the same way QPR did (fair enough we had 10 men) unless Levein has a long hard look at who they have, who we have. and who best to approach the game. Not name his (apprently) best XI.

When I see the team sheet on Saturday I will see weather or not Tuesday taught Craig Levein an Important Lesson.

Archived