Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John12345

Mendy

I quite like him. Just he has weaknesses in his role and at his age you have to question his ambition if he's willing to sit on the bench for nine tenths of a season - not that he doesn't come in handy and he's probably good for practice in training against the XI.

He's not very good at closing down shots infront of the box, look back to the Puel season where Mendy got regular playing time and there's about 5 goals where his man has got a shot off and scored. Neither is he at all useful in the air. He's a battler, he's quite strong, he has a good mentality and can recycle the ball well but he's very average for this League.

4 minutes ago, shailen said:

Really, I don't think he's won many if any 50:50s, he's rarely ever won possession and whilst he never gives the ball away that's really easy when you pass sideways and don't look for the passes that can hurt the opposition. The same was being said about Leon Britton at Swansea where fans were waxing lyrical about his pass accuracy but virtually all his passing was sideways or backwards. 

I can't remember any period whilst he's been here, where he was MOM quality - must have missed those games. 

I much prefer Choudhury who at least gets stuck in and attempts those forward passes when needed.

Hamza can also get about the park more, better at tackling, more physical, can burst forward with the ball more and has a shot on him of some potential. Mendy is so average it’s painful.

Just like the awards chat where it was mentioned our fans over the years prefer the ‘hard worker’ over the ‘actual quality’. I find mendy is the player that’s easy to gloss over as ‘he ticks things along’ but in reality if you actually watch him in detail realise that he’s absolutely useless and he’d look out of place in the Championship.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

What, you mean like McTominay, Gilmour, Gibbs-White and Skipp? You know those world class players that are prepared to sit on Europa League sides' benches?

The irony of this post is in the fact that they're all miles better than Mendy. Silly 

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

You really think we have the kind of cash to be able to go out and buy or even be able to attract the kind of players Man Utd and Chelsea are able to get to just sit on the bench and maybe play 5 or 10 games a season if they are lucky?

And what do you mean even ****ing Spurs? Do you honestly think that they are a team who we are on the same level of? They haven't finished outside the top 6 for over 10 years and have a good chance of continuing that this season.

You mention Wolves and literally the only option outside of their Main 11 they have for midfield is Gibbs-White who has played a whopping 124 minutes in the league this season.

Outside of the Big 6 we probably have the best squad depth available in this league. You can't expect a club of our size to just go out and spend £20-£30m on squad players, we just aren't big enough for that yet.

I actually feel sorry for you here. Can't accept that were on a par with a team were finishing well above and beat to the title recently. You poor sod.