Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John12345

Mendy

5 minutes ago, davieG said:

Maybe that's what he's been instructed to do?

..yes, I said that in a previous post on another topic!!!

Puel puts a lot of faith in him and I believe he can bring the ball forward as a natural part of his game.

If the manager and coaches have not picked up on this, then he will always be pigeonholed in this respect.

Edited by sacreblueits442

1 hour ago, ronnup said:

Exactly. Look at the options our direct competition have off the bench. Man U. Chelsea. Wolves. Even ****ing Spurs. He's not even close to good enough. 

What, you mean like McTominay, Gilmour, Gibbs-White and Skipp? You know those world class players that are prepared to sit on Europa League sides' benches?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Foxhateram said:

He's far too lightweight unfortunately. I've witnessed him being cast aside far too many times to trust him in a CDM role and I don't think he's got the pace or creativity for a CAM. Think we need much better. 

Kante wasn't exactly built like a tank.

• Like 1

...and too many signings could be disruptive.  Perhaps our midfield will be pretty much the same as this season.  Perhaps Knight will replace James in the squad ,also giving us central defensive cover and meaning we have four academy players in the squad.

I’ve always liked him. Had a bad start due to injury but I thought he wasn’t that bad under puel, just the football was so boring and I feel maybe he bore the brunt from the fans as he was favoured by Puel. 

He’s a steady player and have no problems with him playing Europa league/ cup games or the prem games after champions league games to rest Ndidi. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, shailen said:

I know he's had injuries but what does he actually bring. Never plays a forward pass, doesn't really get stuck in, doesn't do loads of running and not that great positionally.

He’s one of those players that keeps the ball moving

• Like 1

He’s solid and can’t imagine he’s on a massive wage. He’s a good squad player who can step in when required. 

If we could shift some of the others, he’d be ideal to have at the club still. 

2 hours ago, ronnup said:

Exactly. Look at the options our direct competition have off the bench. Man U. Chelsea. Wolves. Even ****ing Spurs. He's not even close to good enough. 

You really think we have the kind of cash to be able to go out and buy or even be able to attract the kind of players Man Utd and Chelsea are able to get to just sit on the bench and maybe play 5 or 10 games a season if they are lucky?

And what do you mean even ****ing Spurs? Do you honestly think that they are a team who we are on the same level of? They haven't finished outside the top 6 for over 10 years and have a good chance of continuing that this season.

You mention Wolves and literally the only option outside of their Main 11 they have for midfield is Gibbs-White who has played a whopping 124 minutes in the league this season.

Outside of the Big 6 we probably have the best squad depth available in this league. You can't expect a club of our size to just go out and spend £20-£30m on squad players, we just aren't big enough for that yet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, worthosoriginals said:

Great, another thread of hate to a leicester player. 

Through the good times and the bad we will occasionally back the lads, if  they prove to be perfect. Make yer minds up  

We've supported him for 4 years. I think after that time we might be entitled to make a judgement over how good/bad he has been.

24 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

He’s one of those players that keeps the ball moving

But that's not enough on its own. He doesn't set the tempo with his passing and we're not good enough to have one player doing just that. I'm afraid imo he just doesn't bring anything significant. 

48 minutes ago, shailen said:

I know he's had injuries but what does he actually bring. Never plays a forward pass, doesn't really get stuck in, doesn't do loads of running and not that great positionally.

Personally I'd say virtually the opposite to that. Agreed not all the passes are forward but they can't all be and unlike others, he rarely gives the ball away and recycles it well. I remember the groans when he started the match at the beginning of last season but until he was injured, he won several mom awards and runner ups. He's much maligned by some for absolutely no reason at all. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Personally I'd say virtually the opposite to that. Agreed not all the passes are forward but they can't all be and unlike others, he rarely gives the ball away and recycles it well. I remember the groans when he started the match at the beginning of last season but until he was injured, he won several mom awards and runner ups. He's much maligned by some for absolutely no reason at all. 

Really, I don't think he's won many if any 50:50s, he's rarely ever won possession and whilst he never gives the ball away that's really easy when you pass sideways and don't look for the passes that can hurt the opposition. The same was being said about Leon Britton at Swansea where fans were waxing lyrical about his pass accuracy but virtually all his passing was sideways or backwards. 

I can't remember any period whilst he's been here, where he was MOM quality - must have missed those games. 

I much prefer Choudhury who at least gets stuck in and attempts those forward passes when needed.