Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John12345

Mendy

42 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

https://le10sport.com/football/mercato/exclu-mercato-asse-mendy-accepte-de-discuter-avec-leicester-510407

Courted by ASSE, which is struggling to build a financial proposal that meets its expectations, Nampalys Mendy received an offer from Leicester to extend his contract. Discussions have just started.

Driven by Claude Puel , who knows him very well and who really wants him, ASSE is trying to recruit Nampalys Mendy . Free of any contract since the end of his lease with Leicester, the midfielder has several offers in Europe. As revealed by le10sport.com , the former Nice is courted in Italy as in Turkey. But to everyone's surprise, he received an offer from Leicester to stay.

According to our information, Nampalys Mendy and his representatives have entered a new phase since discussions have just started with Leicester . If the offer has not yet been accepted, the midfielder plans to continue with the Foxes . A new trend in this matter. For ASSE , it's another new element to try to forget Nampalys Mendy . The Greens do not have the resources to be able to live up to the demands of the player

Dodgy translation but sounds like he will be staying. 2-3 year contract I'd imagine?

Sounds like he doesn't want to be a piece of ASSE.

• Haha 4

Yes, I said earlier in the season we should give him an extension. We need four or five players as it is, without losing anyone, so giving him another year or two would be ideal, it saves us the headache of replacing him. He'll be useful for earlier cup matches and will be used if we get two or three injuries to our CMs, or our first team needs a rest, which will well happen with all our European games next season too.

• 2 weeks later...

Always had a soft spot for Mendy after having to listen to a family sat behind me at the KP constantly heckle him during game in which he did nothing wrong. Seems like a model pro, and imho a better player than he's given credit for. If he has signed an extension it's obviously not the sexay signing that many would have hoped for, but there'll be plenty of time for that later in the window.

I’d be happy if he signed…. He is the perfect player to bring on for the last 15/20 mins to wrap up a game as well as being an adequate stand in for our first choice midfielders…

perfect for the European campaign too…

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

He's far too lightweight unfortunately. I've witnessed him being cast aside far too many times to trust him in a CDM role and I don't think he's got the pace or creativity for a CAM. Think we need much better. 

He could just be a...CM. He's best at carrying the ball and setting the tempo.

I'm convinced that his preference by Puel has affected people's opinion of him. He's a decent player, and very happy to wait for his chance!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sdb said:

If Carvallho is coming then we really don't need him to stay. I'd personally keep him and spend in other areas though.

...does not transition us, very reluctant to go pass the half way line!!!

Need to sell and replace with Diallo who can bring the ball forward.

We need steel in the middle of the park and Diallo gives us that, he also appears to drive the team, something we are missing.

12 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

He could just be a...CM. He's best at carrying the ball and setting the tempo.

I'm convinced that his preference by Puel has affected people's opinion of him. He's a decent player, and very happy to wait for his chance!

But we don't have that role available in our current set up, and we've seen Mendy and N'Didi together and it is not pretty. Who do you put with him to support his lack of defensive capabilities?

Very very average. Doesn't improve us in any way. This idea that we need players who aren't good enough because they have to sit on the bench is so so small minded. Where's the competition with that mind set? If he's got two more years I'm flabbergasted. 

11 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

But we don't have that role available in our current set up, and we've seen Mendy and N'Didi together and it is not pretty. Who do you put with him to support his lack of defensive capabilities?

I'm not sure he has a lack of defensive capabilities, as evidenced by him and Ndidi not working together because it becomes too conservative!

I think he's a good option against teams we know we'll dominate in possession. He could be swapped in for Ndidi when we are holding on to the ball, for example, but not doing much with it.

Not saying he's a starter - he's an option.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

Can't believe some seem to think Mendy is good. He does nothing. wouldn't get in any other teams midfield in this league. 

Exactly. Look at the options our direct competition have off the bench. Man U. Chelsea. Wolves. Even ****ing Spurs. He's not even close to good enough. 

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

very reluctant to go pass the half way line!!!

Maybe that's what he's been instructed to do?

• Like 1