Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John12345

Mendy

1 hour ago, John12345 said:

Ashame as a decent player who'd no doubt improve with Rodgers like all the others but seems very unlikely he will get a chance now. 

I’ve no doubt that would be the case with BR getting even more out of him ...   could almost be Kante-like ...   but we are rich with talent in this department and game time would be limited. 

35 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Poor guy should have left in the summer. Unfortunate to be sat behind the best holding mid in the league and a very promising young talent

I think N'Didi can be described as more than a very promising young talent. ;)

Mendy is a good player, I think that a French team will step in for him in January.

Not good enough.

We now have five players trying to get into those three CM positions but those five are all higher end PL quality in Ndidi, Choudhury, Maddison, Tielemans and Praet. 

It's exactly what BR wants, a smaller squad of about 20 genuine players who can come in and perform without an obvious drop in quality. 

3 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

Try to flog in Jan and release if no takers. Amartey can stay as reserve CM and then flog him too next summer! 

I will flog you in a minute.. harsh bastard.

Edited by Simoken

I'm guessing he's on a 4 year deal so will be a free agent next summer. He's been treated very harshly but the emergence of Hamza Choudhury means it's a case of either developing a young player with massive potential who is a Leicester fan and emerging hero, or persevere with a player with an expiring contract. Funnily enough, Rodgers chose the former.

Mendy is a decent player, but he never set the world alight as part of the double pivot or in his games he played under Rodgers. Perhaps that's being harsh because of the system and tactics Puel employed, but he was signed as Kante's replacement, and the true replacement is of course Wilfred Ndidi. I also think that unlike some other players, he can't really blame not being treated fairly as he had a long run in the team. 

That said I am surprised there was no interest in him in the summer. Mendy would be a good player for many teams in the Premier League, even some midtable ones. He's solid but unspectacular, but some players like that are needed in every team.

Edited by StriderHiryu