Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John12345

Mendy

3 minutes ago, urban fox said:

I agree. Hamza is not the finished article, still has a few rough edges. Mendy reads the game better and keeps a cool head. Besides Hamza is not strictly a holding player like wilf and mendy, i would describe him as more of a deep central midfielder rather than an out and out DM

Agree hundred percent, Hamza is better higher up the pitch closing down aggressively... something you can’t really do as the deepest centre mid 

Bit unfortunate to have got injured early because he was having a fine game up to that.  N'Didi is still top dog in most aspects but Mendy's ability to find space and make himself free for a pass is outstanding.

He's destined to be the career that never was though I fear. Not just with Leicester but he may only ever be a bit part player in another side too.

Edited by Blue ROI
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

Bit unfortunate to have got injured early because he was having a fine game up to that.  N'Didi is still top dog in most aspects but Mendy's ability to find space and make himsfeld free for a pass is outstanding.

He's destined to be the career that never was though I fear. Not just with Leicester but he may only ever be a bit part player in another side too.

Agree especially with this. He was excellent and really helped the defenders get the ball out of our own half better than Wilf can.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hard to believe he's been with us for 3.5 years already and played so little, relatively. But his recent run shows Brendo has confidence in him so that's a huge positive. He's more than serviceable and maybe we've yet to see the best of him. Hope he can come back this season.

Just now, Katy said:

He was brought in to be the next Kante and of course, that was never going to happen. I like him, I hope his injury is not too serious. 

Actually, we were originally evaluating both Kante and Mendy in the summer of 2015, with the latter looking like the more likely signing. We went back for him the following year when Kante departed for Chelsea.  

Just now, Line-X said:

Actually, we were originally evaluating both Kante and Mendy in the summer of 2015, with the latter looking like the more likely signing. We went back for him the following year when Kante departed for Chelsea.  

Fair enough, I wasn’t aware that. The point I was making though is that he was to replace Kante but it hasn’t worked out. We got Wilf though so all good for us. 

Just now, Katy said:

Fair enough, I wasn’t aware that. The point I was making though is that he was to replace Kante but it hasn’t worked out. We got Wilf though so all good for us. 

His ankle injury against Arsenal that August didn't help. 

• Like 1

Just now, Meat and 2 veg said:

If we can’t get him to sign a contract we will end up having to pay £15-20m on another back up to wilf.!

Abso-blinking-lutely! Better the devil you know etc.

For me now though is the question of whether he'll want to sign an extension/new contract. He's on a free in the summer, there'll be no shortage of interested parties (certainly not after last night's performance, when he well and truly put himself in the shop window) - I reckon he'll have regular playing options that may well be of greater interest to him.

1 minute ago, mabrah said:

Abso-blinking-lutely! Better the devil you know etc.

For me now though is the question of whether he'll want to sign an extension/new contract. He's on a free in the summer, there'll be no shortage of interested parties (certainly not after last night's performance, when he well and truly put himself in the shop window) - I reckon he'll have regular playing options that may well be of greater interest to him.

Agree. He deserves to be playing every week ! 

Guest An Sionnach
3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Strangely, he may offer a better option in the CL group games then he does in the prem ...

I worry about his physical stature against a lot of PL sides ....

Very strong but short but then so is Kante .Never going to match Wilf in the air though. If we had another tall midfielder that wouldn't be a problem.