Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Vardy and England

What I never got was why we persisted with Kane when we played the top international teams. Kane is a flat track bully, vardy is a giant killer (and now seemingly both). Seemed odd to me, but unlike rugby it seems the England football teams have always picked the brand not the best players (used to be the players from the biggest clubs, it had now become the elite youngsters). 

13 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Here's one question if Vardy was German, Spanish, Brazilian, Portuguese, French... would he be getting into there international sides. 

Considering Richarlison gets on the Brazil team, Vardy would definitely get into their team.

Only team out of those he possibly wouldnt get on is France.

On 09/11/2019 at 21:51, lcfc81 said:

What I never got was why we persisted with Kane when we played the top international teams. Kane is a flat track bully, vardy is a giant killer (and now seemingly both). Seemed odd to me, but unlike rugby it seems the England football teams have always picked the brand not the best players (used to be the players from the biggest clubs, it had now become the elite youngsters). 

It always seems to be like that, then again I don't think we're the only nation to have this problem. There alot of countries picking players due to the fact their the poster boy. 

One mistake Southgate did was giving Kane the captain's armband, Kane is far from being a leader and I can easily see him becoming the next Rooney.. becoming lazy and knows he's got a guarnteed place in the team. For me the England captain should be Jordan Henderson the guy has just most recently lifted the champions league wearing the captain armband for his club... so who better qualifed.  

Edited by Leicesterpool