Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
oxford blue

Ndidi - linchpin to City?

2 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

It's not even a close call. As good as Kante is Wilf is a much better 

player. He offers us so much more in his current form.  He just needs to improve his shooting, Which I'm sure BR is working on with him. 

:blink:

I love everything about Wilf and as a holding midfielder, there's none better in this league. But come on, Kante when used properly is a freak of nature.

I think you must forget just how ridiculously good Kante was for us. He was quite literally the difference between winning the league and getting relegated.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

:blink:

I love everything about Wilf and as a holding midfielder, there's none better in this league. But come on, Kante when used properly is a freak of nature.

I think you must forget just how ridiculously good Kante was for us. He was quite literally the difference between winning the league and getting relegated.

It's all about opinions. Kante was excellent for us, But he doesn't have Wilfs heading ability,  pace, or ground coverage.

Kante also had DD alongside him. 

Wilf is doing it pretty much on his own. Left,  right,  centre it makes no difference to him. He wins it back. 

He's such a talent we're lucky to have him. If he can add goals to his talent then he'll be priceless. 

Kante vs Ndidi?  The real point, as in the only one that matters, is that Wilf is here NOW, and is currently the best in the league at doing what he does, FOR US.

The man is immense a total machine (RoboWilf? The Wilfinator?), appears to be really enjoying life here (in the last twelve months he has signed a six year deal, he has just got married, enrolled on a course at DMU, and just look at the picture of him celebrating Nachos goal). On top of all that, from what I have heard from people in and around the club, he is a thoroughly nice fella with his feet firmly on the ground.

• Like 1

On 27/11/2019 at 15:35, Manwell Pablo said:

He isn't.

Hamza is a decent Premier League holding player with the potential to get better.

Wilfred Ndidi is already in and around one of the best players in the world at what he does, when he leaves here he's going to a top European club. But then he has had the advantage of a lot more game time than Hamza and it has taken a bit of time to get him his game to where it is today.

I would imagine we will see more of Hamza over Xmas, he seems to have been used very sparsely since Salah gate which is a shame. 

I hope Rodgers already has Hamza's name on the team sheet for Boxing Day, it would p155 Klopp off for sure.

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

He quite literally wasn't. 

We won the league with him. Next year, with the same team and manager, minus Kante we were in the relegation zone. Nothing had changed in terms of personnel apart from the loss of Kante up to that point.

Granted, we then changed the manager also which helped us stay up but everything left as it was, without Kante meant we were going to get relegated.

1 hour ago, urban fox said:

Kante vs Ndidi?  The real point, as in the only one that matters, is that Wilf is here NOW, and is currently the best in the league at doing what he does, FOR US.

The man is immense a total machine (RoboWilf? The Wilfinator?), appears to be really enjoying life here (in the last twelve months he has signed a six year deal, he has just got married, enrolled on a course at DMU, and just look at the picture of him celebrating Nachos goal). On top of all that, from what I have heard from people in and around the club, he is a thoroughly nice fella with his feet firmly on the ground.

He's also totally committed to the Club  

Whereas,  Kante used us as a stepping stone to Chelsea. 

• Like 1

This is quite an interesting read:

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1494119

It compares 2015/16 Kante to 19/20 N'Didi.  Kante slightly wins on stats but we are now a possession side so that changes things.  This year Wilf is top of the league for tackles made, top for interceptions and third for possession won.  Kante isn't in the running.

Even if Kante is (slightly) better and I'm not sure he is, I would always take Wilf because he wants to be here.   Although Kante always gave 100%, you can't say the same for him.

40 minutes ago, murphy said:

This is quite an interesting read:

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1494119

It compares 2015/16 Kante to 19/20 N'Didi.  Kante slightly wins on stats but we are now a possession side so that changes things.  This year Wilf is top of the league for tackles made, top for interceptions and third for possession won.  Kante isn't in the running.

Even if Kante is (slightly) better and I'm not sure he is, I would always take Wilf because he wants to be here.   Although Kante always gave 100%, you can't say the same for him.

To be fair to Kante,  he is playing in a more advanced position this season with Chelsea. 

He also had DD alongside him when here for support. 

NDiddi plays behind Youri  and Madison. on his own. 

He covers all across that line as well as getting forward when the situation allows. 

He offers so much to us and will become a legend here.