Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
oxford blue

Ndidi - linchpin to City?

Guest An Sionnach
2 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

It's much more likely that we lose Ndidi in the next 12-24 months and Hamza replaces him than the other way around. 

The thing is if we are going to be a fixture in the top six , we need Rodgers to be able to totally rely on his deputies like Guardiola does. So players like Praet and Hamza can get plenty of game time.

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Hoping him studying at De Montfort Uni will make him want to stick around until he at least finishes his degree

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7711899/Leicesters-Wilfred-Ndidi-juggling-football-career-studying-business-degree.html

I can't see him going anywhere for awhile, still got the best part of five years left on his deal and we'd want an absolute packet.

Since winning the league we've only lost our better players to expiring contracts, release clauses and ridiculous offers when the club knows we've got a better alternative ready to slot in. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, murphy said:

Love him.  Wilf the wall.

I know I'm likely to be in a minority but I wouldn't swap him for Kante. 

On your Side with this....:)

One Year ago,and Running  into BRodgers appointment,I believe he was drifting,with seemingly no intern support..!!!  I started to Doubt him...

though before then showing potential,to wipe our tears After Kante....!!!

Since March his performances and Coming back after International rest....IMO if Ndidi carries on this season ,he takes over the One "season-legend" Kante..

Kante belongs in the Topic "Team of the decade" because of that Never to forget creater of Legends Title year....!!!

Hard decision for me...Ndidi I actually believe in a Leicester shirt,with all the ifs und buts, is the one I would select in my Team of Now..!!! I still believe Kante is a Player who Could win Chelsea,trophies....!!!

The position they play, I Dont believe they could Play in the same team....!!

• Like 1

Ndidi is a rare beast of a player and his uniqueness allows us to play Maddison and Tielemans together along with 2 wide forwards either side of Vardy. If we didn't have Ndidi then one of those support attackers would invariably have to drop out for another combative midfielder, Liverpool have had to do that as they have to go with at least 2 destroyers as opposed to one and then two attack minded central midfielders. I know there are more ways to be successful but right now I wouldn't change our system or the make up of it at all and Ndidi is probably the glue that keeps this together, he is exceptional at what he does. Hat's off to him and to Rodgers for the way he has freed up his game once again to do what he does best, which ironically has since improved his passing ability and he seems more of a threat on goal from either set pieces or being in and around the box when we've launched another relentless attack on the opposition.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

My man of the match today, he was totally insane the whole match. He won everything in the air and on the ground, but my god what happened to his passing!? He's the Nigerian Pirlo!

What an incredible player our Wilfred is! Honestly in this form he's a match for vintage Kante, I mean it!

Evans a close run second for me today

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

My man of the match today, he was totally insane the whole match. He won everything in the air and on the ground, but my god what happened to his passing!? He's the Nigerian Pirlo!

What an incredible player our Wilfred is! Honestly in this form he's a match for vintage Kante, I mean it!

Don't think I'll ever see past vintage Kante as the world best DM. But wilf might actually be number 2. On the planet.

Edited by Toddybad

3 minutes ago, Toddybad said:

Don't think I'll ever see past vintage Kante as the world best DM. But wilf might actually be number 2. On the planet.

These days Kante plays as a box to box midfielder for Chelsea, not a CDM. To be honest even for us, he and Drinkwater were box-to-box rather than CDM's as they worked both boxes, it's just our style dictated that both were deep a lot of the time.

A traditional CDM protects the back 4 all match, which Ndidi does better than anyone. But the thing he has over Kante at this moment in time is that he gets on the ball much more often, and his use of the ball is superb. I am not downplaying N'golo for a second here, as I don't think he ever played worse than 8/10 for us in his season here, but he released the ball quickly for the fast break, he never had to pass and probe with it. Some of Ndidi's touches and passes today were simply outrageous, and he'd doing it every week right now!

• Like 2

Absolutely imperial today, took matters in his hands when needed, on a day when Madders and Youri struggled to leave their mark on the game.

He became a key player almost instantly since he came here, but these days he seems to be improving even further, takes more responsibility (before, he used to just pass the ball to the next guy and concentrated on defending, breaking up opponents play), starting our offensive moves, like the one which led to Vards goal. Indisposable.

With Wilf in our midfield, I don't miss Ngolo even a little bit, honest.

Absolutely supreme vs Everton - did everything we know he can defensively and winning the duels but his passing has improved immeasurably, spraying balls left and right to wing backs, and his drive forward for the Vardy goal was Vieira-like - the pound-for-pound best player we have, and the one likely to walk into any big club in the world

was watching optus sports premier league today and the hosts were talking to some bird outside the ground about Brendan saying he's staying, then she mentioned that she spoke to Wilf and he was saying how much Brendan has improved him, and went on to say he wished he'd played under Brendan his whole career as he would be much better than he is today. Looks like as long as Brendan stays our players will too as they continue to improve. 

Happy Manager, happy team. Happy team, happy fans

Posted earlier 

On 27/11/2019 at 15:35, Manwell Pablo said:

He isn't.

Hamza is a decent Premier League holding player with the potential to get better.

Wilfred Ndidi is already in and around one of the best players in the world at what he does, when he leaves here he's going to a top European club. But then he has had the advantage of a lot more game time than Hamza and it has taken a bit of time to get him his game to where it is today.

I would imagine we will see more of Hamza over Xmas, he seems to have been used very sparsely since Salah gate which is a shame. 

Or a clever move from the manager.

3 hours ago, Royston. said:

Or a clever move from the manager.

I'd not agree and I was one of the few that actually took his growing reputation as a reckless tackler in the media seriously (and coped a shit load of abuse for it on here)

Initially yes keep him out of the papers for a few games, but surely enough time has passed now for him to start being used a bit more. It was quite awhile ago now.

On 26/11/2019 at 20:09, murphy said:

Love him.  Wilf the wall.

I know I'm likely to be in a minority but I wouldn't swap him for Kante. 

It's not even a close call. As good as Kante is Wilf is a much better 

player. He offers us so much more in his current form.  He just needs to improve his shooting, Which I'm sure BR is working on with him. 

2 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

It's not even a close call. As good as Kante is Wilf is a much better 

player. He offers us so much more in his current form.  He just needs to improve his shooting, Which I'm sure BR is working on with him

Yes. he keeps reminding him not to. :smile:

• Haha 1