Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Brendan Rodgers - “I’m so happy here".

10 Point thoughts.

1. After a sacking, Rodgers did a good job at Swansea.

2.  At Liverpool, when his star striker left and after dubious signings, he was found wanting and sacked, discredited and nobody wanted him. 

3. He took a no lose option. Celtic, albeit a big club had no opposition. It wasn't difficult to succeed, lets be honest at that particular time (no resurgent Rangers like Lenny has to put up with now). It was a canny move as he rebuilt his reputation, a canny move (though I do believe he cared about Celtic). Arsenal at this point would not have been interested in him.

4. The move to Leicester for a complete rehabilitation was a no brainer, he's a clever ambitious man. He had a great potential setup player  and club wise all ready for the taking and already in place for him.

5. Yes, he's bought the best out of some of our players and his personalised arm around the shoulder and general tactics have been good BUT ... he had and still has the ideal raw material to work with. Our success has more to do with the quality of our players more than Rodgers, they were good players before he came and just needed direction. 

6. With the exception of two excellent ageing forwards (in fairness one only 28), he'd have quite a tough rebuilding job at Arsenal with a disinterested owner and not the biggest chequebook.

7. He's got a big choice to make. For me, despite his undoubted management skills, it's our players, owners and setup that has allowed him to shine. He's good but he's not the Messiah and, if he goes to Arsenal he could very easily fall flat on his face, he's not that good, he really can't turn water into wine.

8. If he stays here and gets us into the top four and the Champions League, he'd be far more marketable. He could take over a much better team than Arsenal in the shape of Peps job with a big fat chequebook and much better players to get  started with or, anther exciting big job in Europe. 

9. If he goes he goes but our owners need to deny him access as far as possible to our players.

10. Our owners, players and setup would survive. If he wants to go let him fall flat on his face now with conditions. Managers like Poch could equally do a good job. Our gold is our players and owners. He's good, full of the blarney, media friendly and understandably ambitious but if he took the Arsenal job he would reveal a big flaw ie vanity perhaps beyond his caperbilities. 

Just my humble opinion but he'd be far better off for selfish reasons in staying with us at this stage.

6 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

10 Point thoughts.

1. After a sacking, Rodgers did a good job at Swansea.

2.  At Liverpool, when his star striker left and after dubious signings, he was found wanting and sacked, discredited and nobody wanted him. 

3. He took a no lose option. Celtic, albeit a big club had no opposition. It wasn't difficult to succeed, lets be honest at that particular time (no resurgent Rangers like Lenny has to put up with now). It was a canny move as he rebuilt his reputation, a canny move (though I do believe he cared about Celtic). Arsenal at this point would not have been interested in him.

4. The move to Leicester for a complete rehabilitation was a no brainer, he's a clever ambitious man. He had a great potential setup player  and club wise all ready for the taking and already in place for him.

5. Yes, he's bought the best out of some of our players and his personalised arm around the shoulder and general tactics have been good BUT ... he had and still has the ideal raw material to work with. Our success has more to do with the quality of our players more than Rodgers, they were good players before he came and just needed direction. 

6. With the exception of two excellent ageing forwards (in fairness one only 28), he'd have quite a tough rebuilding job at Arsenal with a disinterested owner and not the biggest chequebook.

7. He's got a big choice to make. For me, despite his undoubted management skills, it's our players, owners and setup that has allowed him to shine. He's good but he's not the Messiah and, if he goes to Arsenal he could very easily fall flat on his face, he's not that good, he really can't turn water into wine.

8. If he stays here and gets us into the top four and the Champions League, he'd be far more marketable. He could take over a much better team than Arsenal in the shape of Peps job with a big fat chequebook and much better players to get  started with or, anther exciting big job in Europe. 

9. If he goes he goes but our owners need to deny him access as far as possible to our players.

10. Our owners, players and setup would survive. If he wants to go let him fall flat on his face now with conditions. Managers like Poch could equally do a good job. Our gold is our players and owners. He's good, full of the blarney, media friendly and understandably ambitious but if he took the Arsenal job he would reveal a big flaw ie vanity perhaps beyond his caperbilities. 

Just my humble opinion but he'd be far better off for selfish reasons in staying with us at this stage.

1. He is the messiah(and I should know, I've followed a few). 

2. Would Pochettino come to us? 

3. See 2...who would we end up with? 

Most of the press are london bias, there trying everything in their power to lure him away from the king power... even if Rodgers came out said "I'm not remotely interested in the Arsenal" they'd say he's bluffing and wants to go to Arsenal. For me the idea of Arsenal appointing a British manager sounds far fetched the board will stay foreign... they will stick with Ljungberg for a bit and then they'll explore the idea of Poch and see if he's avaliable failling they may try and get Ancelotti. Rodgers despite his success is probably way down at fifth at there list. 

16 minutes ago, weller54 said:

1. He is the messiah(and I should know, I've followed a few). 

2. Would Pochettino come to us? 

3. See 2...who would we end up with? 

Would Poch come? Quite possibly not. My point is, is that a teams success is the sum of it's parts. We need Brendan but, he'd be bloody useless without a team of players capable of reflecting his ideas on the pitch. He has that here. How many of our players man for man would you swop for Arsenals current crop? Not many. How many would Rodgers have to replace there? How much money are they likely to release to a new manager looking back to their current set ups expenditure? Compared to Arsenal,  Rodgers is very lucky to have us. Outside of the current crop of already taken coaches, I'd suggest that we'd be a very attractive proposition. I'd leave our owners to make the right pick.

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 1

It only seems to be sky (surprise surprise) still flogging a dead horse tonight. Looking at the ‘gossip column’ for tomorrow’s papers, they’ve either got twelve candidates, want Arteta, or will give it Ljungberg if results go well! So far, most of the papers seem to have taken note of what the manager has said, it’s Sky who keep pushing it because he didn’t say NO. He referred to it as not logical, and there being no chance, but that doesn’t fit a narrative of course! 

F6C49726-532E-4FE6-A159-D8542F634111.jpeg

Edited by DerbyshireFox