Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Brendan Rodgers - “I’m so happy here".

3 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

I'm not gonna lie. I don't like how he's dealt with the Arsenal rumours so far. If he's 100% committed to the job he's doing here he could've completely shut it down. Seems like he's flirting with the idea to me

I honestly don’t get this comment or that of others saying the same.

the interviews I’ve seen, it has been made clear that he is happy here and has no reason to leave. The “Claus” question was directly asked to him and he answered it how I think the vast majority of managers would.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

If you need a pick up, just come in here to see grown men acting like insecure boys worried their girlfriend is gonna leave them because another lad looked at her.

Absolutely 

this thread is quite pathetic, and highlights the mental state of many.

had he said “I’m honoured or privileged to be linked” or “ nothing’s been said between them and me” 

id be worried. Nothing that Brendan has said gives any view that he wants to leave or that he Will anytime soon.

edit: for those that are struggling to cope, listen to today’s press conference for reassurance. Or here is a 🤗 from me

Edited by turkish14
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, turkish14 said:

The “Claus” question was directly asked to him and he answered it how I think the vast majority of managers would.

The only Claus that Arsenal are gonna see anytime soon is Santa.

Amarite lads?

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, turkish14 said:

I honestly don’t get this comment or that of others saying the same.

the interviews I’ve seen, it has been made clear that he is happy here and has no reason to leave. The “Claus” question was directly asked to him and he answered it how I think the vast majority of managers would.

Was he asked if he believed in Santa? 

Edit: @Izzy beat me to it

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SouthLondonFox said:

'Why would I want to leave Leicester?'

Leicester boss Brendan Rodgers: "I have a contract here until 2022. Thus far, I know managers are losing their jobs, the club have not indicated to me that they are going to sack me. I am very happy so would have no need to look elsewhere.

"Why would I want to leave Leicester City at this time? I am working with a group of players who have so much potential. I gave an honest answer about how all managers have some sort of clause in their contracts and suddenly that seems to have thrown a door wide open.

"For me I repeat, I am happy here. Very happy here. I feel I want to continue with that. Take from that what you want.”

Don't see how anyone can twist this.  As I said earlier in this and other threads, he cannot say anymore without being down right rude and telling the press to do one, which he will not do as he is a representative of the club and would not want to put his employers in a bad light, (which may of course change the bit in the first sentence about not getting sacked).  He is going nowhere. close thread.

• Like 1

Arsenal are in a right mess, and quite far from a team that will be challenging for anything soon. We have a lot going here, young quality players, owners that will always back their man. He isn't one to leave a project before he has even got going, especially with the resources here, and players to really do something special.

5 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

I'm not gonna lie. I don't like how he's dealt with the Arsenal rumours so far. If he's 100% committed to the job he's doing here he could've completely shut it down. Seems like he's flirting with the idea to me

I think he’s probably smart enough to realise, that due to his past behaviour no one would believe that anyway.

Guest Markyblue
9 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

second fav for the arsenal job now, seems a bit weird 

Not weird at all, the odds will fluctuate on the money being placed on each person not the likelihood of them going there.

Brendan Rodgers is going to be a top manager for a long time, and one day he could become manager of Arsenal or Man City or Man Utd etc.

He is a bright man and theres no way he would want historic quotes saying he has no wish to manage Arsenal or Man City or Man Utd to come back into view when any of those jobs come up.

So he is saying that he is happy at Leicester, loving the place, the people and the project, and why would he want to leave.

He is keeping well away from saying he doesn’t want to sign for someone, it’s the smart play for his future options when he has finished at Leicester.