Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Brendan Rodgers - “I’m so happy here".

Beginning to wonder when Brendan does finally go (after winning CL with Foxes obviously), might in this case Kolo actually be the best option. Just hope the clubs Shakespeare experience wouldn't exclude him, as the improvement we are seeing in players must be significantly down to him. PEP training can't be bad.

Just saying.

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I agree that if he left before the end of the season he would probably damage his reputation, but he needs be more holistic in his appraisal of not just Arsenal, but also Leicester

Arsenal are a mess, yes they spent loads, but in all the wrong areas, they clearly need to (wisely, not like Man Utd) sort out their defence and midfield, not just gloary attacking signing.

Trying to be unbiased, ask yourself, what happens when next year, the year after, Vardy goes/stops performing to such a high level? The direction from their is every bit as murky as Arsenals situation.

We have an abundance of young players at the club so the direction is onwards and upwards with new training ground and potential stadium expansion we are a club on the up

• Like 1

Surely he wouldn't have come here full well knowing that jobs at the so called bigger clubs would be available..

plus he and his staff would have a massive rebuild project on there hands at Arsenal not to mention the pressure a job like that brings, plus he would no doubt end up with no CL football the season after.

he has no reason to leave now, there are no positives to consider either for Rodgers moving to Arsenal 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I agree that if he left before the end of the season he would probably damage his reputation, but he needs be more holistic in his appraisal of not just Arsenal, but also Leicester

Arsenal are a mess, yes they spent loads, but in all the wrong areas, they clearly need to (wisely, not like Man Utd) sort out their defence and midfield, not just gloary attacking signing.

Trying to be unbiased, ask yourself, what happens when next year, the year after, Vardy goes/stops performing to such a high level? The direction from their is every bit as murky as Arsenals situation.

That's a bit of a stretch imo. Arsenal are a good 5 or 6 seasons away from being on the right path, we're already on it. We have the perfect infrastructure to cement ourselves as a permanent top 6 figure. 

Yes the Vardy situation is gonna be really tough to sort out but it's still an exciting project for any ambitious manager. Also you said this is an issue next year whereas I'm talking about Rodgers potentially leaving right now

• Like 1

Well Ornstein is the John Percy of Arsenal, and he suggests a polite decline on Rodgers's part. Seems case closed to me.

Also, when we were in for Rodgers, 'sources' close to Rodgers made hints in the media that he'd welcome an approach from us. No such sources have been gossiping this time.

I think there's manager's guidance from the LMA never totally rebuff a club. In short from a manager's viewpoint you never know when you might need that club

• Like 4

On 01/12/2019 at 01:25, foxfanazer said:

Honestly if he leaves just **** off with modern football. Only been here 5 minutes and to leave for that shower of shite really would leave a bad taste. I'd like to think he's got more sense but I do feel he could've categorically ruled himself out of a move to avoid any distractions for our players 

Spot on 

Exactly how I feel. IF Brendan leaves us now, 2nd in the division, with money to spend and a great young squad, then football really has gone to Hell in a handcart.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

That's a bit of a stretch imo. Arsenal are a good 5 or 6 seasons away from being on the right path, we're already on it. We have the perfect infrastructure to cement ourselves as a permanent top 6 figure. 

Yes the Vardy situation is gonna be really tough to sort out but it's still an exciting project for any ambitious manager. Also you said this is an issue next year whereas I'm talking about Rodgers potentially leaving right now

Yes, think you are right and he won`t leave now, he values himself too highly for that to happen I would guess.

Was going to comment on the whole "why move to Arsenal" rhetoric, but surely this is clear (and unlikely to change any time soon - even though it should )

Guest An Sionnach
Just now, Joefox said:

I will say, the media are absolutely desperate for him to join Arsenal.

Max Allegri  has won five serie A titles and is currently ready for a new challenge . Given the amount of money Arsenal would have to fork out to poach Rodgers, why would they do that?

29 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Yes and that's when he is really going to earn his corn. I am sure there are already plans afoot. It seems from yesterday he and the coaching staff have obviously been working with Nacho, and if there is no readymade replacement coming through the ranks, a couple of years of European football will give us the finances and the draw to attract someone of the right calibre (if of course such a player exists). No team stays the same for ever, it is an evolving thing, players come and go and it is down to the recruitment team and manager to target and then train the right players at the right time, something we appear to have been brilliant at over the last couple of years.

I really don't get all this about Rodgers not being unequivocal in rejecting Arsenal though. He was asked on 5 live 606 last night "so you are staying put then?" his answer was "yes" and he then went on to talk about the project etc. Obviously that did not suit the narrative so he was then asked if his contract had a release clause, which he could not deny as all managers no doubt have them (it merely means that if a certain compensation figure is agreed to then permission will be granted to talk to them.it does not mean they will automatically go, or even wish to talk).  It seems that whatever he says, without actually being rude, it will be twisted to suit the agenda. Even heard one reporter stating that "it didn't matter that he had apparently ruled himself out, it was all just the usual blah blah blah....we have heard it all before and it means nothing"

58 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Well Ornstein is the John Percy of Arsenal, and he suggests a polite decline on Rodgers's part. Seems case closed to me.

Also, when we were in for Rodgers, 'sources' close to Rodgers made hints in the media that he'd welcome an approach from us. No such sources have been gossiping this time.

I think there's manager's guidance from the LMA never totally rebuff a club. In short from a manager's viewpoint you never know when you might need that club

this.

and it's the same in any job market - if someone comes in for you / head-hunts you but you're not interested you never say 'no' you say something like 'I'm flattered that you'd consider me but the time isn't right, I'm happy where I am at the moment.'

you never know when your current job might turn to shit and you don't burn bridges.

people on here expecting Rodgers to print out an A3 Arsenal logo and take a shit all over it as a sign of his commitment to Leicester are seriously wide of the mark.

Edited by lifted*fox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/dec/01/brendan-rodgers-committed-leicester-arsenal-link-exit-clause 

Don't know if this has been shared or not, but sounds a bit more reassuring? 

That is just a transcript basically of his TV interview. From my point of view apart from actually saying "arsenal, or anyone else, can just go and do one" he has made it quite clear that he is going nowhere. The fact that the media zone in on the fact that when asked a direct question he admitted that he, like all other managers, has a release clause in his contract shows how desperate they are to keep a non story going.  What they seem to ignore is the fact that a release clause does not mean that someone will be obliged to go anywhere if a certain figure is met, it simply allows the "buyer" to open negotiations/interview a potential candidate for a position if the target wishes to. The right to decline any such offer remains with the individual. I think the way the press report this as the clause being "Triggered" leads to a misconception. Arsenal met the buy out clause in Vardy's contract but after giving them the curtesy of listening to their offer, no doubt taking advice and giving it some thought, he then politely refused and pledged his immediate future to Leicester (ok so he bagged himself a pay rise into the bargain but he was being offered that anyway)

'Why would I want to leave Leicester?'

Leicester boss Brendan Rodgers: "I have a contract here until 2022. Thus far, I know managers are losing their jobs, the club have not indicated to me that they are going to sack me. I am very happy so would have no need to look elsewhere.

"Why would I want to leave Leicester City at this time? I am working with a group of players who have so much potential. I gave an honest answer about how all managers have some sort of clause in their contracts and suddenly that seems to have thrown a door wide open.

"For me I repeat, I am happy here. Very happy here. I feel I want to continue with that. Take from that what you want.”

• Like 2

Today’s press conference:

What I will say is that I have a contract here until 2022, the club haven’t indicated to me that they’re going to sack me.

I’m very happy and I don’t need to look elsewhere.

Why would I want to leave Leicester City at this moment in time? I’m working with a group of talented players.

I spoke about contract but I was directly responding to a question.

There will always be speculation around jobs. I repeat: I’m happy here. I want to continue with that. Take from that what you want

43 minutes ago, SouthLondonFox said:

'Why would I want to leave Celtic?'

Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers: "I have a contract here until 2022. Thus far, I know managers are losing their jobs, the club have not indicated to me that they are going to sack me. I am very happy so would have no need to look elsewhere.

"Why would I want to leave Celtic at this time? I am working with a group of players who have so much potential. I gave an honest answer about how all managers have some sort of clause in their contracts and suddenly that seems to have thrown a door wide open.

"For me I repeat, I am happy here. Very happy here. I feel I want to continue with that. Take from that what you want.”

:ph34r:

Edited by Izzy