Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Brendan Rodgers - “I’m so happy here".

5 hours ago, turkish14 said:

I honestly don’t get this comment or that of others saying the same.

the interviews I’ve seen, it has been made clear that he is happy here and has no reason to leave. The “Claus” question was directly asked to him and he answered it how I think the vast majority of managers would.

Don't agree. If hes saying don't be cryptic or mention clauses just shit the whole thing down. He should have said, there's no chance I'm leaving at all if I'm approached or not, whatever rumours there are, the fact is I'm staying we are doing great I'm not interested in another job at the moment. 

Instead he's deliberately stated he has a clause, and said what a great club Arsenal is, if they do officially approach him I worry. He said the same shit before he left Celtic. 

Edited by FoxyJim1987
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Don't agree. If hes saying don't be cryptic or mention clauses just shit the whole thing down. He should have said, there's no chance I'm leaving at all if I'm approached or not, whatever rumours there are, the fact is I'm staying we are doing great I'm not interested in another job at the moment. 

Instead he's deliberately stated he has a clause, and said what a great club Arsenal is, if they do officially approach him I worry. He said the same shit before he left Celtic. 

Would you be more happy if he said something along the lines of: "Why would I want to leave Leicester City at this time? I am very happy so would have no need to look elsewhere." Or maybe: "I am happy here. Very happy here. I feel I want to continue with that."

28 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

He’s actually just said we’re phenomenal and are the main challengers to Liverpool 

Should put that in the Sutton is a cvnt thread :thumbup:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Guest said:

Would you be more happy if he said something along the lines of: "Why would I want to leave Leicester City at this time? I am very happy so would have no need to look elsewhere." Or maybe: "I am happy here. Very happy here. I feel I want to continue with that."

There was no need for the clause thing at all, he should have said I'm  not discussing my contract and now it seems a bit flirty like he's said he's happy etc but not actually 100 per cent shut it down. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

There was no need for the clause thing at all, he should have said I'm  not discussing my contract and now it seems a bit flirty like he's said he's happy etc but not actually 100 per cent shut it down. 

And if he'd said "I'm not prepared to discuss the terms of my contract or any potential clauses in it" you'd be saying that's a definite indication that there's an exit clause in it and he's definitely leaving. He's said he's committed to the club, his focus is very much on Leicester, he absolutely loves it here, he wants to continue here and he's got no possible reason to leave or look elsewhere. What about that is unclear?

• Thanks 1

The thing is that Rodgers might well go, but he might not. I don’t think he should have to categorically rule it out. Nobody knows what the future holds and he doesn’t want to be in a position where he’s accused of lying or misleading people.

It’s his career we’re talking about and he’s clearly ambitious. Manager’s stock can rise and fall very quickly and he’s clearly a hot property right now. Look at Mauricio Pochettino as an example of how quickly that can change.

If at this stage next season he’s still here and we’re only 3 points above the relegation zone, there will be many calling for his head. We do have form here: great escape - Pearson sacked, won the title - Ranieri sacked, Shakespeare and Puel - gone. 

I hope that Rodgers sees enough of what’s being built at Leicester to stay, but I’ve always assumed his stay will be short. After what he did at Celtic we’d be naive to think otherwise. I also think that the narrative at Leicester isn’t all about the manager. We’re becoming more stable as a bigger club than we’ve ever been. I don’t want Brendan Rodgers to go, but the club is bigger than him. 

Edited by Jobyfox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nuge said:

Sutton is obsessed 

Rodgers is his meal ticket. He should get with that comedian guy Farley and do a double bill.

Edited by SO1

1 hour ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

😂 he was asked by the interviewer about a clause, what’s he supposed to say?

how much clearer can he be without coming across mega rude? 

1 hour ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

He did shut it down yesterday, but some of the media been what they are, are ignoring it.

2 hours ago, STEVIE B said:

Discussing this on Radio 5 now. They generally think he could be tempted. The clause was mentioned. Sutton being his normal bitter self 'Leicester are a stepping stone !' 

So he says the same thing on BT on Saturday, Five Live on Saturday and Five Live tonight.

Nice work if you can get it.

4 hours ago, twister said:

Rodgers reputation would go down the toilet if he left mis season

He owes them till at least the end of the year before considering other offers.

That is called being a professional.

One year is poor going as well, its nothing, thats why carragher said another 18 months, as 2 years I think is the absolute minimum a manager should give a club.