Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Brendan Rodgers - “I’m so happy here".

1 minute ago, davieG said:

Agree except the 'team levelling up' They'll always be some team desperate enough. I bet if this had already happened Watford would be first in the queue.

Still be finished as a top manager, just be an Allardyce type, basically no more than a journeyman manager knowing their best years are behind them.

Brian Clough was such an incredible success at two relatively modest East Midlands clubs that they named the road between Derby and Nottingham after him.

However, he messed up so badly at Leeds - then one of the ‘biggest’ clubs in the land - that they made a film about it.

Food for thought, Brendan.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Benitez will be back at some point, surely? I know he's earning a fortune, but he must wonder what he's doing out there? And you can earn a huge wedge getting your contract paid up by Watford 3 months in to a managerial stint.

Sod it - I'll do it.

Cant see him coming back unless it is a club like us or I suppose Wolves, who are trying to be more than the also rans and are more than promises.

5 hours ago, Sir Shep said:

See what happens in the summer, don’t like the fact that all this talk could, that is COULD, upset our finely tuned machine for the next few games. Meanwhile on an Arsenal forum.......

https://www.ja606.co.uk/comments/viewAllComments/415464

I think we should probably clear something up. 

I’m pretty sure financially we’re now much better off than Arsenal? With Champions League football next season and an extended Stadium, with no debts, new training facility, and being owned by King Power. Surely we have better resources? Just saying. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

I think we should probably clear something up. 

I’m pretty sure financially we’re now much better off than Arsenal? With Champions League football next season and an extended Stadium, with no debts, new training facility, and being owned by King Power. Surely we have better resources? Just saying. 

Leicester City are ranked among Europe's most valuable clubs. The Foxes beat Napoli, AC Milan and Inter Milan, the club has an enterprise value (EV) of €596m (£523m) according to the latest KPMG Football Clubs’ Valuation report. The Foxes’ EV is the 15th highest in Europe, the seventh highest in England, and represents a 29% increase on last year in Euros and a 35% year-on-year increase in sterling.

Manchester United take the top spot with an EV of €3.26bn (£2.86bn), Manchester City are Europe's fifth most valuable club with an EV of €2.16bn (£1.89bn) which may be higher now with recent investment. They’re followed by Arsenal (€2.1bn/£1.84bn) who do nothing with it, Chelsea (€1.77bn/£1.55bn), Liverpool (€1.58bn/£1.39bn), Juventus (€1.3bn/£1.14bn) and Tottenham (€1.29bn/£1.13bn). The foxes have grown well in the last few years and can start to catch the wealthier teams if we get good runs in Europe, our owner is worth $5.6b, more than the Spurs owner

Where did this idea that Kroenke never spends take root?  The noise from the intellectual giants on AFTV?  According to Transfermarkt, Arsenal’s net spend over the last five years trails only the two Manchester clubs.  We’ve spent less than half what they have.

Yes, they are poorly run -- they cannot assemble a useful squad --  but their biggest financial issue is revenues trending down (this year they will be comfortably lower that Spurs’).  Why wouldn’t Kroenke instruct them to move heaven and earth to get a manager who can get them back to the Champions League table?  Cheaper than Pepe, and could help fix that issue.

NBC’s pregame segment had both Mustoe and Earle (relatively level headed pundits) all over the idea of Arsenal poaching Rodgers in the summer.  Strap in and get used to this, it’s likely to continue until he finally does leave, whenever that may be.

p.s. even as Arsenal's turnover drops to the bottom of the new "big six", it's still double ours.

Edited by KingsX
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Hammo said:

Brian Clough was such an incredible success at two relatively modest East Midlands clubs that they named the road between Derby and Nottingham after him.

However, he messed up so badly at Leeds - then one of the ‘biggest’ clubs in the land - that they made a film about it.

Food for thought, Brendan.

And he is way more known for his successful stint at forest and derby than his unsuccessful one at a “big club”

A brief summary of Ornstein’s piece today (stolen from reddit).

• The Athletic understands Arsenal have priority names and the initial focus is on candidates who are immediately available. That would point towards the likes of Allegri, Pochettino, while some believe Arteta would fall into the same category if he asked to leave.

• Complicating matters is an apparent preference not to spend heavily on acquiring the next boss, which would be a problem for most people currently in management & possibly even for those who are not depending on the terms of their severance agreements with ex employers.

• Sources claim Allegri now has concerns about the quality of Arsenal’s squad and would rather wait until the summer to return to the dugout, yet the club are known to retain their fondness for him.

• It is thought that Rodgers is back in their thoughts and that tentative enquiries have been made, only for a clear message to be relayed that he is happy at Leicester and is going nowhere.
  • Like 3

Odds have dropped to 3/1 and I'm still not worried. I know he did it mid-season to Celtic, but Arsenal are a ****ing shambles at the minute who have spunked all their money and had to make a record signing over 5 years of payments. He'd be mental to go there right now.

End of season would be a different story.

13 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I'm not gonna lie. I don't like how he's dealt with the Arsenal rumours so far. If he's 100% committed to the job he's doing here he could've completely shut it down. Seems like he's flirting with the idea to me

See, I don`t accept this viewpoint.

Why would a guy who worked at WH Smiths  rule out the job at  Harrods because he only recently joined WH Smiths.

(Sorry, thats a really cack comparison, but hopefully you see the point - why does he need to rule it out?)

He isn`t a fan, this isn`t his club. He is a man doing a job. A man who loves a bit of Kudos from the public.

(Arsenal's public footprint is far large than ours)

However, I expect that the sh*t he would take from the general public if he does take the Arsenal job now will enter into his mind, so would expect if he went, it would be in the summer at the earliest.

From fan conclusions, this will ultimately come down to the big club vs the rest bias (And probably rightly so), but we would disingenuous to expect him to share our viewpoint/loyalty.

Whatever about the summer it would be lunacy to go to a club like Arsenal right now.

He fell out with Celtic over lack of funds and he would need some reassurance over that and several other things.

Plus we are currently second and in with a good shout of Champions League.

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

See, I don`t accept this viewpoint.

Why would a guy who worked at WH Smiths  rule out the job at  Harrods because he only recently joined WH Smiths.

(Sorry, thats a really cack comparison, but hopefully you see the point - why does he need to rule it out?)

He isn`t a fan, this isn`t his club. He is a man doing a job. A man who loves a bit of Kudos from the public.

(Arsenal's public footprint is far large than ours)

However, I expect that the sh*t he would take from the general public if he does take the Arsenal job now will enter into his mind, so would expect if he went, it would be in the summer at the earliest.

From fan conclusions, this will ultimately come down to the big club vs the rest bias (And probably rightly so), but we would disingenuous to expect him to share our viewpoint/loyalty.

Why come if you're gonna stick around for 8 months and then jump ship for a circus like Arsenal? If he goes he'll be damaging his reputation in that sense. I just think its really poor form

22 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

Benitez will be back at some point, surely? I know he's earning a fortune, but he must wonder what he's doing out there? And you can earn a huge wedge getting your contract paid up by Watford 3 months in to a managerial stint.

Sod it - I'll do it.

He is a great call for Arsenal actually

Rodgers has said that he's happy at Leicester, he made a change recently so his focus is here and not on moving somewhere else, has work to continue with the current playing squad and shares the ambition to make us a Top 6 club. He answered a question of whether he had a release clause by saying that most people do. He's shut the whole thing down sufficiently enough. 

I'd be totally gobsmacked if he went to Arsenal based on current showings, not least because we've totally outplayed and beaten this season and have a 13 point lead. Reeks of media spin.

Edited by LCCFox96

11 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Why come if you're gonna stick around for 8 months and then jump ship for a circus like Arsenal? If he goes he'll be damaging his reputation in that sense. I just think its really poor form

I agree that if he left before the end of the season he would probably damage his reputation, but he needs be more holistic in his appraisal of not just Arsenal, but also Leicester

Arsenal are a mess, yes they spent loads, but in all the wrong areas, they clearly need to (wisely, not like Man Utd) sort out their defence and midfield, not just gloary attacking signing.

Trying to be unbiased, ask yourself, what happens when next year, the year after, Vardy goes/stops performing to such a high level? The direction from their is every bit as murky as Arsenals situation.