Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Brendan Rodgers - “I’m so happy here".

7 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Honestly if he leaves just **** off with modern football. Only been here 5 minutes and to leave for that shower of shite really would leave a bad taste. I'd like to think he's got more sense but I do feel he could've categorically ruled himself out of a move to avoid any distractions for our players 

This is the key thing at the moment. We need to totally focussed and anything that could potentially affect our players is a serious issue.

Unfortunately all this will just continue. There's a constant media orgasm over the so-called big 6 whereas an actually much more interesting and inspirational story would be the establishment of another team, whichever that maybe, to be a serious long term challenger. They like "plucky" teams like Sheffiled United who do well for a while as long as they go back to where they belong after a few months so they can get back to just reporting the teams that matter to them.

Edited by reynard
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, dayday said:

He also said the same thing about Celtic, 2 weeks before he quit them , that’s why I’m hoping that there no official approach from Arsenal.

The difference is that he had taken Celtic as far as he could when he left.

His work here has only just started , he isn't going anywhere.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

See what happens in the summer, don’t like the fact that all this talk could, that is COULD, upset our finely tuned machine for the next few games. Meanwhile on an Arsenal forum.......

https://www.ja606.co.uk/comments/viewAllComments/415464

Makes me chuckle how most of the posters on that forum think we have no money, Brendan is doing a good job with limited resources.

We really are the paupers of the football world.  🤣🤣

Thinking about this earlier and one thing I have been told about BR is how much he loves himself. That doesn’t bother me one iota given the job he is doing at out club.  add to that the ego that managers at his level probably need to have and why would he tell the media he is NOT leaving LCFC. As long as he has told his staff and players that he isn’t leaving then he can have his name banded about the media with mass positivity for days on end and wallow in the reflective laser beam of how wonderful he is. 

given our clubs apparent comfort with having our players appearing on every transfer rumour website around the world with ‘king power’ emblazoned on a photo and perhaps you begin to see the way we work ....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, joachim1965 said:

Makes me chuckle how most of the posters on that forum think we have no money, Brendan is doing a good job with limited resources.

We really are the paupers of the football world.  🤣🤣

They see our nett spend over the past few years and make their own conclusions ....... plenty on here have the same opinion .....

• Like 1

All this Arsenal is Brendans Dream job where’s this coming from some gutter journalists tiny shit for brains brain dead moment, last time we heard this was from Chris Sutton spouting that Brendan had walked away from his boyhood great dream job in Celtic !!

Think I’ll take all these sh1t journo reports with a pound of salt or until the club actually come out with the statement he’s going until then sod all the reports and I’m sure Brendan has told the lads it’s all crap !

• Like 1

When you read his comments it seems pretty clear he is more than happy at the moment and wants to see the project though.  Journos take that and turn into meaning he has a minor doubt. If he came out and told them all to do one as he is categorically 100% staying put theit response would probably be well he would say that as he is under orders and being blocked/gagged from saying what he really thinks. I actually think he playing a blinder here deflecting the speculation away from our players

We need to reject all offers for him. I think that's what Brendan has always wanted. His ego wants to know that the club want/need him. Isn't that why he went to Reading? Because Watford were quick on accepting the compo? I'm sure it played it's part in him leaving Celtic too, he wants a club to fight for him. 

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned about this though....

Arsenal have spent comparatively very little money for years now. Wenger long had them punching above their weight.

If they continue with the same model of investment they will become established mid table fodder. In all honesty they are a club on a downward trajectory and we are on an upward one.

We can become genuine top 4 contenders, all we need now is a stadium expansion.

You are going to be financially supported at Leicester, you have a great young squad, some of the best training facilities in the world coming on stream soon, hopefully a world class stadium expansion,  a non toxic supporter base. Surely you would have to be mad. I cant think of manh managers who would want a job like that.

Maybe offer Brendan a pay rise. He can be a manager to go down in history here and still get to a real top class club afterwards.

Liverpool proved expectations bring added pressure, surely Brendan learnt from that. Celtic was a different ball game even Neil Lennon who could win for shit in the championship can win that league.

Edited by Foxin_Mad
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Arsenal have spent comparatively very little money for years now. Wenger long had them punching above their weight.

If they continue with the same model of investment they will become established mid table fodder. In all honesty they are a club on a downward trajectory and we are on an upward one.

We can become genuine top 4 contenders, all we need tow is a stadium expansion.

You are going to be financially supported at Leicester, you have a great young squad, some of the best training facilities in the world coming on stream soon, hopefully a world class stadium expansion,  a non toxic supporter base. Surely you would have to be mad.

Maybe offer Brendan a pay rise

:brendan_still:

2 minutes ago, Royston. said:

Im hopeful when our board decided puel wasnt the right man and instead planned ahead for a Rogers revolution that we protected our investment with a contractual agreement that he wouldnt jump ship anytime within the next 4 years.

My Sunday morning take on things.

We are not letting him go at this stage of the season so he'd have to walk.

If he was to then fail at the Arse, which in their current state is more than probable, he'd be finished in the top flight as a top manager since no team big enough would touch him and any team trying to level up would avoid a manager who jumps ship at the first opportunity.

Just now, ithuriel said:

If he was to then fail at the Arse, which in their current state is more than probable, he'd be finished in the top flight as a top manager since no team big enough would touch him and any team trying to level up would avoid a manager who jumps ship at the first opportunity.

Spot on. I think it would be unwise.

Liverpool proved the pressure you can be under, their squad was a lot better than Arsenals.

Any team with Luiz in defence is genuinely screwed!

3 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

Agree except the 'team levelling up' They'll always be some team desperate enough. I bet if this had already happened Watford would be first in the queue.