Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Match Ratings: Aston Villa 1-4 Leicester City - Vote Now

Aston Villa 1-4 Leicester City

You do not have permission to vote. Please login to vote.
  1. 7.6

Total Average Rating

271 votes
  2. Highest Rated Player

Jamie Vardy 8.7
  3. Lowest Rated Player

Marc Albrighton Substitute 6.4
  4. Manager Confidence 99% +1%

Super team (and management) performance. Lucky not to be counting broken legs this morning, ref Oliver was an absolute disgrace. Joint MoM Ricardo (the victim) and Vardy (2 more good goals), with Soyuncu, Praet Iheanacho and Ndidi in close contention. It looks like we've (at last) got the player we first thought we had bought in Iheanacho, good running on and off the ball, and nicely taken goal. A classy performance from Evans again and it was nice to see him get on the scoresheet. Tielemans was a little disappointing particularly his misplaced passes and having the ball easily taken from his feet during the first half.

With the transfer window fast approaching, I find it hard to see where we could improve the side without causing a bigger upset, we've some terrific talent "waiting in the wings".

1. Kasper Schmeichel 7

2. Ricardo Pereira 9

3. Jonny Evans 8

4. Caglar Soyuncu 8

5. Ben Chilwell 7

6. Wilfred Ndidi 8

7. Dennis Praet 7

8. Youri Tielemans 6

9. James Maddison 8

10. Kelechi Iheanacho 8

11. Jamie Vardy 9

12. Harvey Barnes (sub) 6

13. Marc Albrighton (sub) 6

14. James Justin (sub) -

Manager - Stay

Oliver 3 - should not be refereeing at this level.

7 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

Super team (and management) performance. Lucky not to be counting broken legs this morning, ref Oliver was an absolute disgrace. Joint MoM Ricardo (the victim) and Vardy (2 more good goals), with Soyuncu, Praet Iheanacho and Ndidi in close contention. It looks like we've (at last) got the player we first thought we had bought in Iheanacho, good running on and off the ball, and nicely taken goal. A classy performance from Evans again and it was nice to see him get on the scoresheet. Tielemans was a little disappointing particularly his misplaced passes and having the ball easily taken from his feet during the first half.

With the transfer window fast approaching, I find it hard to see where we could improve the side without causing a bigger upset, we've some terrific talent "waiting in the wings".

1. Kasper Schmeichel 7

2. Ricardo Pereira 9

3. Jonny Evans 8

4. Caglar Soyuncu 8

5. Ben Chilwell 7

6. Wilfred Ndidi 8

7. Dennis Praet 7

8. Youri Tielemans 6

9. James Maddison 8

10. Kelechi Iheanacho 8

11. Jamie Vardy 9

14. James Justin (sub) -

Manager - Stay

I thought Youri hada better game than most people seem to think, he was playing must deeper. Probably could do with a rest against Norwich

9 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

1. Kasper Schmeichel 7

2. Ricardo Pereira 9

3. Jonny Evans 8

4. Caglar Soyuncu 8

5. Ben Chilwell 7

6. Wilfred Ndidi 8

7. Dennis Praet 7

8. Youri Tielemans 6

9. James Maddison 8

10. Kelechi Iheanacho 8

11. Jamie Vardy 9

14. James Justin (sub) -

Manager - Stay

Yes the ref was a joke and VAR not much better.

29 minutes ago, Dorkingfox said:

I thought Youri hada better game than most people seem to think, he was playing must deeper. Probably could do with a rest against Norwich

Hence he got a 6 from me, he was not the magnificent player we've become used to in this game (but still good enough). Agree he could do with a rest v Norwich and perhaps come on from the bench for the last quarter,

Much better performance than the Everton & Watford games, although I thought we were too open in the first half and their goal before half time gave them a lift until Evans brilliant header. Very difficult to be critical of a 4-1 away win, but some of the chances we created should have been buried, especially from Barnes. The difference in Iheanacho is like having a new signing, and I just wonder where he's been for two seasons. Neither Pep or Puel could get the best out of him, but it seems something has clicked with how Rodgers is handling him. I just hope Iheanacho keeps this standard up because we'll have another decent player pushing for a start rather than settling for cup games and the subs bench. I hope we take Norwich seriously, because it would be easy to think we'll win it easily without the effort of the Villa match.

Kasper -6- No chance with the goal. Otherwise pretty much untroubled.

Ricardo -8- Some blistering runs, although caught out a few times defensively first half.

Evans -8- Brilliant header (reminded me of Huth at Spuds). Defensively solid as a rock and positional play was superb.

Soyuncu -8- Another excellent performance. No wonder our fans were singing 'Harry who'!

Chilwell -7- Some good runs, but end product wasn't up to recent games.

NDidi -8- Had to work hard, especially first half as we were too open. But coped well.

Praet -7- Took a while to settle, then played well. Superb ball to Vardy for our forth.

Tielemans -7- Some really solid work in a different role. Worked hard.

Maddison -7- I marked him down by one point for some slack passes. Should have scored, but still overall decent.

Iheanachio -8- A completely different player to the last two seasons. Keep it up.

Vardy -9- MOTM. Being critical he could have scored two more, but what a performance again by him. Brilliant.

Subs:

Barnes -7- Just wish he could finish because he'd be scoring 15 goals a season. Looked very lively again.

Albrighton -6- Worked hard as normal.

James -N/A- Not on long enough.

Rodgers -10- My first ever 10. Not because we won, or the way we played, or the set up. But because he's got Iheanachio playing. I never thought that would happen!

Officials -5- Far too quick to whistle or flash cards in a passionate match. 

Aston Villa -6- First half they looked a decent side. I hope they stay up because we need midland clubs in the P/L. But they'll need to start getting some results soon otherwise confidence and a long winter could pull them into real trouble.

Norwich next up. If we play like yesterday we should win. I hope the players are not thinking too much of the upcoming cup match and the Man City & Liverpool matches. One match at a time!

• Like 1

On 08/12/2019 at 08:18, urban.spaceman said:

Oliver - 3. Shocking; threw cards around in the first half and failed to send off Targett.

Oliver was atrocious. Was running around with sh*t in his eyes. Have no idea what game he was reffing. Ricky could not make a tackle with that Pound Shop version of Maddison (Grealish) without the tw*t diving and Oliver falling for it. Sickening

On 08/12/2019 at 11:21, KingsX said:

It's a great day when people have five or six different MotM shouts and it's hard to argue against any of them.

Ricardo for me ... but Vardy ... but Ndidi ... but both CBs ... even Iheanacho ...

Poor Kasper never gets a look in anymore lol

lollollol:clap:

Guest bss9401
12 hours ago, Chazdog said:

Screenshot_20191210-074842.png

Brilliant ! Since 2015/16 we have become the Greta Thunbergs of football. They didn't learn so we are just going to have to do it again  lol.