Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Match Ratings: Aston Villa 1-4 Leicester City - Vote Now

Aston Villa 1-4 Leicester City

You do not have permission to vote. Please login to vote.
  1. 7.6

Total Average Rating

271 votes
  2. Highest Rated Player

Jamie Vardy 8.7
  3. Lowest Rated Player

Marc Albrighton Substitute 6.4
  4. Manager Confidence 99% +1%

Season: 2019/20
Voting Starts: 08/12/19
Voting Ends: 13/12/19

1. Kasper Schmeichel
  2. Ricardo Pereira
  3. Jonny Evans
  4. Caglar Soyuncu
  5. Ben Chilwell
  6. Wilfred Ndidi
  7. Dennis Praet
  8. Youri Tielemans
  9. James Maddison
  10. Kelechi Iheanacho
  11. Jamie Vardy
  12. Harvey Barnes (sub)
  13. Marc Albrighton (sub)
  14. James Justin (sub)

Nacho MOTM for me. Absolutely unplayable and scared the living shit out of them every time he went forward. He's come in and added a new, unexpected dimension to our play.

Vardy is just Vardy - phenomenal. A tiny fraction behind Nacho today IMO.

Praet - what a signing. 

Soyuncu - beautiful.

Tielemans - been off the boil the last couple of games for me. A few wayward passes but otherwise still good.

Brendan - excellent man management. Brilliant tactics. Just excellent.

• Like 3

Guest Eamonn
1 minute ago, urban.spaceman said:

Oliver - 3. Shocking; threw cards around in the first half and failed to send off Targett.

What is VAR for if not to correct decisions like the yellow for Targett. I don't get it.

I am a bit surprised to see people gushing so much over Ricardo. I agree that he's one of the best RBs in the world, and that he was great at times today on the ball, but he struggled early on and over the course of the game gave away a good number of silly set pieces in dangerous positions, regardless of how much Oliver fell for their diving. Our full backs asked a lot of Ndidi and our CBs today, from a defensive perspective. Even more than usual.

Ndidi, Iheanacho, Vardy, Evans and Soyuncu were all tremendous. As a team, we were superb. Villa: niggly, dirty, throw themselves over at everything. I understand Friend's decision against Grealish far more in the context of his wider game - as a ref he's a guy who you know is going to push it in terms of trying to con you. And the ref - I hardly ever criticise them - but he was truly dreadful. Dangerous, in fact. He simply wasn't dealing with things in a very feisty contest.

A much better performance today against an awkward side 

Soyuncu was amazing today and my MOTM today. He made a lot of what he done look so  easy which it is not. So unlucky not to score also. Vardy was Vardy should have got a hat trick. 

Kelechi worked so hard today and never should have been booked. 

Delighted he got a goal also. That will help his confidence. 

I love the way the squad players are coming on and looking like they've been there all the time. 

This could be a great Christmas as we move on to the next game. 

Onwards and Upwards we go. 

• Like 2

It's a great day when people have five or six different MotM shouts and it's hard to argue against any of them.

Ricardo for me ... but Vardy ... but Ndidi ... but both CBs ... even Iheanacho ...

Poor Kasper never gets a look in anymore lol

Edited by KingsX
  • Like 3

I know we've all said it until we are blue in the face, but what a CB pairing we have right now, Evans for me is one of the best bits of business in the premier league over the last couple of seasons, the man is an absolute mountain, and Caglar will go on to be worldclass, enjoy him while we have him as he can genuinely get into any team if he carries on his form

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Vacamion said:

I'd go with Soyuncu MOTM, but I'd shrug and move on if Ricardo, Vardy, Ndidi or Iheanacho got it. 

Yes,  I couldn't argue if any of them got it. I just think Soyuncu done the simple things so well. Like his positioning time and time again. The little headers that ended danger so many times. And so unlucky not to score. 

Just a masterful performance. 

• Like 2

Soyuncu’s movement is unbelievable - he can cover so much ground back there. He was my MOTM in the first half though I’d give it to Ricardo overall.  In my mind he’s overall our finest player.  Vardy, Ndidi, Praet, Kelechi were all superb as well but there were no clunkers.  Even Tielemans had a quietly good match.

For me Liverpool is the best center half pairing in the PL, because Van Dijk and a pantomime Princess Margaret would be in the running, and Lovren is no slouch.  But I’d surely take Evans and Soyuncu over anyone else’s starting pair.

Nice to see someone saying positive things about Tielemans, who I thought had a good game linking up play. Very composed and calm under any pressure. Pity about his volley and the fact that Barnes didn't pass to him at the end; he could have been on the scoresheet. 

All round great display; away from home you will always be under pressure from time to time and make some mistakes. The effort, team work the lads put in was simply brilliant, ripped Villa apart at will and could have scored as many as at Southampton. 

BR has worked wonders, what a coach, the players technique, understanding, application, confidence you name it, is a million light years from the approach favoured by his predecessor. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BoyJones said:

Nice to see someone saying positive things about Tielemans, who I thought had a good game linking up play. Very composed and calm under any pressure. Pity about his volley and the fact that Barnes didn't pass to him at the end; he could have been on the scoresheet. 

All round great display; away from home you will always be under pressure from time to time and make some mistakes. The effort, team work the lads put in was simply brilliant, ripped Villa apart at will and could have scored as many as at Southampton. 

BR has worked wonders, what a coach, the players technique, understanding, application, confidence you name it, is a million light years from the approach favoured by his predecessor. 

Tilemans put in a tremendous performance. I counted 3 crucial blocks and at least 4 times he was sprinting back to cover for Chilwel. Thought he was great and put a shift in for the team. He was asked to play deeper today to accommodate the system. No idea why people are wanting more from him....he was class. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Eskay said:

Tilemans put in a tremendous performance. I counted 3 crucial blocks and at least 4 times he was sprinting back to cover for Chilwel. Thought he was great and put a shift in for the team. He was asked to play deeper today to accommodate the system. No idea why people are wanting more from him....he was class. 

I agree totally

16 hours ago, copunk said:

I know we've all said it until we are blue in the face, but what a CB pairing we have right now, Evans for me is one of the best bits of business in the premier league over the last couple of seasons, the man is an absolute mountain, and Caglar will go on to be worldclass, enjoy him while we have him as he can genuinely get into any team if he carries on his form

Evans is amazing, £3.5M is just unbelievable business. How do Arsenal & Man City feel now, both thought he wasn't good enough for them. 

• Like 2