Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Leicester City demand official response over handball controversy in Carabao Cup semi-final defeat

6 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

As expected this has gone quiet...

Large part of the problem is the PGMOL isn't accountable and us fans are expected to just lump it when they mess up week in week out. 

I suspect that even if there is a response beyond “he didn’t have time to get out of the way” we will never hear about it.  I often wonder if referees apologise to managers when they know they have screwed up but there is a gentlemen’s agreement that this is never disclosed.

2 minutes ago, CUJimmy said:

I suspect that even if there is a response beyond “he didn’t have time to get out of the way” we will never hear about it.  I often wonder if referees apologise to managers when they know they have screwed up but there is a gentlemen’s agreement that this is never disclosed.

most of the arrogant fuvkers wouldnt know how to apologies.

2 hours ago, SystonFox said:

I quite enjoy it because it winds people up like yourself.

LiVARpool

Far from it. I’m unbothered by it but cringe every time I see it used. Has to be just about the worst football ‘banter’ out there at the moment. 

Edited by TJB-fox
  • Like 1

Amazing really.....balls  up the whole Thing before VAR,and then are gifted  a Great Technical Platform to help & support,but then  still carry on being es bombastic and out of touch with the fans, but far worse also the players ,clubs und up front honest refs on expected decision making.....

IMO, still support & encourage the Match-ref. Only if he asks for support,should he get it.

but its he  who should be looking at either Stadium or pitchside-monitor/screen....then with or without consultation,be the deciding official...

Then One can develope,and improve from there..!!!  Not fighting or discussing the decisions from several same game  decision makers.

Obviously the linesman,belong to the game-Refs Team for Making those descisions....!!!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Amazing really.....balls  up the whole Thing before VAR,and then are gifted  a Great Technical Platform to help & support,but then  still carry on being es bombastic and out of touch with the fans, but far worse also the players ,clubs und up front honest refs on expected decision making.....

IMO, still support & encourage the Match-ref. Only if he asks for support,should he get it.

but its he  who should be looking at either Stadium or pitchside-monitor/screen....then with or without consultation,be the deciding official...

Then One can develope,and improve from there..!!!  Not fighting or discussing the decisions from several same game  decision makers.

Obviously the linesman,belong to the game-Refs Team for Making those descisions....!!!

I agree with this entirely. If the on field ref gets to check his decision he can be empowered and respected by arriving at the right outcome, rather than being schooled by someone in an armchair mikes from the game, he can ask for assistance IF he needs a second opinion. 

• Like 1