Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Leicester City demand official response over handball controversy in Carabao Cup semi-final defeat

2 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

Putting in an official complaint is good. Will it change the result...no. Will it force a replay... definitely not and shouldn't as Villa took their chances and we didn't.

But it will highlight the frustration with VAR and we would all like to know why it wasn't given. Will we get an answer...no. The all mighty premier League won't want to as it will highlight failure in the technology and their referees on and off the pitch. For me, the standard of refereeing is falling it feels, season after season. This incident just highlights the problems. What's more worrying is the fact that Mike Dean was close by, and by some angles actually looking at the incident! That's the most worrying thing!!!

We would be better off pursuing the ‘mike dean is a Tranmere fan seeking league cup revenge for 2000’ ........... at least that would get him sacked!  

We will never find out the truth .................. which is most likely that dean is a cvnt (we know that already) and Mason is incompetent (likewise) 

One presumes the intention here is to make Lee Mason feel sufficiently guilty and embarrassed to give us every decision going against Chelsea (because we all know - however it is glossed over/lied about - that the idiot reviewed the wrong handball claim, i.e. Maddison’s second shot not first. That was plain to see at the time by everyone watching on TV).

As people are suggesting, imagine the outcry on Sky etc if that decision had gone against one of the ‘big’ clubs. It doesn’t bear thinking about...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I personally think it's worth the club asking the question, in a non-contentious way, but I wouldn't go making mountains out of it. I think the use of the word 'demanding' is emotive and possibly inaccurate.

I think there does need to be some clarity over what happened with that particular decision, the process involved with it, particularly if there is some credible suggestion that the wrong incident was reviewed. If only to clear up any confusion.

But I wouldn't go further than that. I think the club is pragmatic about it and whilst fans might get worked up, I think that whilst the club management etc might feel a degree of disappointment, they'll take it in their stride. They know VAR is in development and will understandably having teething problems and get better. Asking the question assists in that process.

Edit: it's probably too late now, but it might have been worth changing the ref for tomorrow! Again, in a 'no fault' kind of a way.

Edited by mabrah
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I mean nothing is going to come of this and it makes us look very very salty but it needs saying. 

If they have looked at the wrong piece of footage in a game of that magnitude then what hope is there for VAR? Just bin it off now and forget it ever happened. 

It does need saying tbf. I don't agree with a replay or anything like that, there's been decisions this season that have cost teams games even with the use of VAR, but like Brendan said if everybody called for VAR then we should point out things like this. I understand if the on field ref didn't see it but to not give it after a replay was mental.

Ridiculous that no one from the PGMOL has clarified the incident for the club, instead they're having to go to them for answers. 

We aren't asking it because we want a replay or anything like that, we're asking because the PGMOL needs to be held accountable for their decision making. If something was missed by the VAR then this highlights a major flaw in the system. If it was reviewed and a conscious decision was made, we need clarity on why that is. 

It's all about clear and obvious if it had been a two handed goal line save Mason may just have given it. 

He should have just said 'Mike you might want to look at that in the pitch side monitor' but obviously that involves a degree of common sense. 

The offside thing I actually get for VAR although it's not great but it's accurate under the rules of the game. Any handball/foul replays should be looked  should be looked at by the match referee. At the minute it looks like there's too much of the referees union refusing to overrule their mates.

• Like 3

Judging by the amount of time VAR took to look at the incidents it is obvious they only looked the Konsa one.

Even the idiots on Sky at half time said, 'Well Maddison just smashed the ball from a short distance so no penalty'.

I'm sure had that been Liverpool it would have been different. 

• Like 1

Obviously the intention here is not to be sour from the club or to play the game again, ridiculous. However, I think it's right of them to challenge and demand an answer, for the good of the game. We don't want to see incidents like this be missed again and the referees association need to look at this case and analyse what went wrong or why this was the correct decision (clarify the rules maybe). Nothing wrong with this.

Dean better explain why Maddison was penalised for high foot and not the other player when Maddison’s foot was only a little higher!

It turned the game. We would have been up their end of the pitch trying to create something... instead Dean has given them a nothing free kick allowing Villa to build their attack and send their big men up!

If there was ever an incident where you don’t get involved and give a free kick then it’s that situation. Dean is an arrogant idiot and makes the game about him!

Im fed up of being knocked out in some big games because of referees decisions, it clearly isn’t ‘even itself out’. The First game against Athletico Madrid over 20 years ago (Gary Parker being sent off for no reason at all) the game a few years ago against them (penalty clearly out the box given as a pen), the chelsea dive incident in FA cup (Erland Johnson) and then this game where we haven’t been given a clear handball and Dean giving a free kick when the other player was just as guilty and Maddison did better to get the ball! I can’t think of a time when we have benefitted from bad officiating, there probably is times but as a Leicester fan probably have forgotten about 😂😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

VAR I’m assuming didn’t check the first handball. The VAR highlight on sky ran the second shot and shortly after decided it wasn’t handball. That was correct. 

It wasnt after that they then highlighted the first shot hit the hands of the defender. 

Human error if so to only check the second shot. 

3 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

What are we expecting? An apology?!?!? lol

Agree that it is right to ask the question though, too little of that occurs.

If using VAR is a hard job, you have got VAR wrong.

Not necessarily an apology but i think clubs should do this more when its such a big game and such an incredible mistake as the officials have got to be dealt with. They wont though, as always it will be brushed under the carpet. I can imagine the response will be that the ball was hit very close to the player who's arm it hit meaning he couldn't get out the way, or some nonsense like that. If this had happened to liverpool, all hell would have broke loose and Klopp would be going on a mad one and would be talking about it in every press conference for the next month. 

10 hours ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

Surely they have looked at the wrong replay reading that? That's a proper clanger that is!

I said that straigjtaway to my son...why just that Late snapshot,and Not whole incident.....like in Rugby...

To be fair...they usually do with VAR.   Its too Late now!! But all gameday officials blew it big-time....!!!!

its that Lack of the whole Phase or even 2-3 Short Phases  of  play before,Not ( consistently) taken into account...That will interest ALL managers & clubs..

The best & honest statement,would Simply be upright und admit they made a bad mistake....it was bad,but then thats  End of story...

They Don t come clean,then the whole Experiment of Building Trust over VAR decision officialdom making for 1-3 seasons will be lost...

I have always proclaimed, its Not the system technically, But like before,weak-kneed,old boys(ref) club,decision making..!!!

The gameday ref should still be the last decision maker..hence the whole incident,like at Rugby should be on the Big screen,or side line monitor..!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

Maybe we suffered from this decision but come on - we had plenty of chances in both legs to make it irrelevant. We basically blew it, and no amount of retrospective hand-wringing's gonna change that.

It's fair enough to feel aggrieved and slagging the ref or VAR is fair game. But the simple fact remains we couldn't beat Aston Villa in two attempts - looking at everyone else for the reason really does us no favours.

• Like 1

I think we can all agree this isn't about looking for excuses for our defeat, but looking for an explanation as to why this has been overlooked.

Players are accountable for dangerous tackles etc, there is no reason refs shouldn't be held accountable for their mistakes too. 

I look forward to seeing a response and I'm glad the club have taken it further.

I'd like to think we'd have questioned this even if we went on to win the game. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mabrah said:

I personally think it's worth the club asking the question, in a non-contentious way, but I wouldn't go making mountains out of it. I think the use of the word 'demanding' is emotive and possibly inaccurate.

I think there does need to be some clarity over what happened with that particular decision, the process involved with it, particularly if there is some credible suggestion that the wrong incident was reviewed. If only to clear up any confusion.

But I wouldn't go further than that. I think the club is pragmatic about it and whilst fans might get worked up, I think that whilst the club management etc might feel a degree of disappointment, they'll take it in their stride. They know VAR is in development and will understandably having teething problems and get better. Asking the question assists in that process.

Edit: it's probably too late now, but it might have been worth changing the ref for tomorrow! Again, in a 'no fault' kind of a way.

I believe the decent,balanced Fan agree totally.......

But I am in my Spanish-Inquisition phase...( Its all my medication)....Hang-draw & quarter, to the stocks with all involved, pillar them all....!!!

but they are all lost boys,who want their mummi....So We will fair to them,because we footy-fans,are just so forgiving......!!!:rolleyes: