Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Leicester City demand official response over handball controversy in Carabao Cup semi-final defeat

1 hour ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

seems a bit bitter this, let's just handle this with grace 

Supporters yes. Club no. The Club want this to be sorted out and are not calling for a replay.

This is the first year of VAR and the inconsistencies and faults need to be worked out. Not swept under a rug.

Somethings going on with the Referees and the VAR officials and their communication protocol that needs to be addressed. The player had his arm over his head.

The league needs to solve the problem.

4 hours ago, Stoopid said:

I get all that and, yes, it should have been a pen - no argument from me. 

But that doesn't really change my point. We're looking for perfection and that just doesn't exist. And I think trying to achieve it is taking us down a blind alley.

And, let's face it, even if we had the pen, there's no guarantee the result would be any different, 

The whole thing just smacks of sour grapes to me. I repeat - we had 2 chances to beat Villa, VAR or no VAR. We couldn't do it.

Youu say that but Villa did get the benefit of poor officiating that game, refs defo made a difference. I’m actually more annoyed at the free kick given towards the end of the game, never a free kick and turned the game from out attack to their attack. They don’t need an Ndidi midfielder when they got Deano doing that for them! Giving Villa a set piece and their best hope of getting a winner. Aaaaand I know we should have defended better but it still doesn’t excuse how incompetent Dean is and he has been for a while!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

not really. these ***** should be called out weekly. so many joke decisions this season for us and other clubs.

embarrassing or corrupt...one or the other 

Not a fan of mind games but is this Brendan trying to plant the seed in the officials' minds in order to get favourable treatment going forward, ie, effectively saying we are owed a massive call in our favour somewhere down the line this season?

I ask as we all know fvck all can be done with the semi final, its done.

Edited by Nalis

I think it's only fair to hold them accountable for their own mistakes and demand clarification.

What is sure is that it cannot continue this way, totally ignoring a clear handball situation.

I don't see the use of a replay (no matter what the chances of it being given). We were second-best after Villa took the lead, all the energy was gone, our gameplan wrong, too many players not up to speed, Vardy isolated up front. So many mistakes, we huffed and puffed, but seriously - did we deserve to win that game?

Don't get me wrong, I was livid after going out of the competition in such a manner, but the overall performance was shameful and did not warrant a League Cup final.

2 hours ago, Nalis said:

Not a fan of mind games but is this Brendan trying to plant the seed in the officials' minds in order to get favourable treatment going forward, ie, effectively saying we are owed a massive call in our favour somewhere down the line this season?

I ask as we all know fvck all can be done with the semi final, its done.

I hope so .....it’s what the best managers do .....

You can only

7 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I would normally agree but theres a point were you have to say "thats enough"and say something.

Will be interesting to see if others start asking now and again.

10 hours ago, Stoopid said:

It just strikes me as wanting perfection in an imperfect world. VAR could work better maybe, but bad decisions - or at least decisions we don't like - will always be with us.

Football isn't mathematics - there are no absolutes. The more we try to impose them, the further we get from its chaotic beauty.

Football's getting sterile enough - I'd love to see VAR binned but it won't be unfortunately.

The kind of scientific certainty implied by more refinements to it seems illusory to me, that's all.

Not seeking 'perfection' but merely an explanation:

1) If the officials made a mistake, cop to it.

2) If it was not a mistake, explain why.

Quite simple actually.

11 hours ago, Stoopid said:

It just strikes me as wanting perfection in an imperfect world. VAR could work better maybe, but bad decisions - or at least decisions we don't like - will always be with us.

Football isn't mathematics - there are no absolutes. The more we try to impose them, the further we get from its chaotic beauty.

Football's getting sterile enough - I'd love to see VAR binned but it won't be unfortunately.

The kind of scientific certainty implied by more refinements to it seems illusory to me, that's all.

.. the genie is out of the bottle!! 

Match of the day gives slow motion from different angles, referees are judged every week and VAR is the FA attempting to close the gap between perception and reality. 

No one is looking for perfection but the inability to apply the rules correctly and in this instance failing to select the appropriate incident to review is a complete dereliction of duty. Had the referee gone to his screen to review the incident he could have bought this to the attention of the VAR judge. 

The crazy thing was the ref was perfectly placed to give a decision and yet he allowed it to be taken out of his hand!! 

The ref was either bribed or is incompetent, either way he should not be officiating again. 

3 hours ago, Cujek said:

Fuch ref's. 

Fuch VAR. 

Please bring back football, not replayball. 

But even with VAR Dean missed a blatant penalty. You really want him to ref without it? 

He's awful! Always making big decisions incorrectly. There was a clear handball which he must have seen from where he was standing and that was never a free kick at the end. 

Mistakes without VAR are to be expected.  In this particular case (with VAR) there has been an act of complete incompetence or the Video Ref did look at the wrong footage.  May be the referee should be made to visit the pitch side monitor and view the incident together with the V official? For sure it would have then come up with the correct decision in this case.  This will slow the process up by a few more seconds, but pointless having VAR if cock-ups of this magnitude happen.