Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Leicester City demand official response over handball controversy in Carabao Cup semi-final defeat

17 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

seems a bit bitter this, let's just handle this with grace 

Not really bitter. We just want clarification on the rules and why that was deemed not to be a penalty. That information can be used to explain to players what to avoid doing to concede a penalty etc

7 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

I’d love to be a fly on the wall when the team captains meet the ref today before the game lol 

"Now ref, if the ball hits an arm in the box I'm assuming you won't give a penalty given Nakamba basically played in goal on Tuesday" 

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Can’t rescind yellow cards unless mistaken identity 

They do if VAR change the decision it happened a couple of weeks ago, a Pen was given and player booked, VAR said no contact, no pen and no card. Card was rescinded on the spot. 

Unless you mean after the game, then they can't no. 

10 minutes ago, browniefox said:

They do if VAR change the decision it happened a couple of weeks ago, a Pen was given and player booked, VAR said no contact, no pen and no card. Card was rescinded on the spot. 

Unless you mean after the game, then they can't no. 

I did 

and the rescind in the game is only if the decision is reversed and not in the case of advantage being played - as you pointed out re cags 

11 hours ago, Foxhateram said:

But even with VAR Dean missed a blatant penalty. You really want him to ref without it? 

He's awful! Always making big decisions incorrectly. There was a clear handball which he must have seen from where he was standing and that was never a free kick at the end. 

Hence the the "fuch ref's" 

I have been watching and playing football for many years now and I’m at a point where I’ve got no idea what the rules are anymore.

VAR has completely ruined the game, a ref missing something would piss me off, but at the end of the day it’s human error and we all make mistakes.

Now a ref can look at a monitor, or chose not to look - a bloke can sit in a room with every angle and decide something I would think is handball isn’t.

Im baffled and this needs to be sorted out and clarified.

• Like 4

On 01/02/2020 at 10:49, Foxhateram said:

But even with VAR Dean missed a blatant penalty. You really want him to ref without it? 

He's awful! Always making big decisions incorrectly. There was a clear handball which he must have seen from where he was standing and that was never a free kick at the end. 

This is where i think the game is being lost... My guess is, Dean saw it and he decided that VAR would call it if he didnt.

Either way... VAR definitely interferes with ref and Lino decision making during the game, which IMO, spoils the game.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ozleicester said:

This is where i think the game is being lost... My guess is, Dean saw it and he decided that VAR would call it if he didnt.

Either way... VAR definitely interferes with ref and Lino decision making during the game, which IMO, spoils the game.

This is where if he's unsure he should be going over to that monitor to watch it back :rolleyes:

Always the centre of controversy Mike Dean, loves the attention 

16 minutes ago, Bert said:

They’ll have had an official response by now. 

Likelihood is that they’ve been asked to keep it in house, purely for the protection of their precious officials.  

I believe phrases in the letter  included ‘sh1t happens’, ‘get over it’ and ‘it’s not like it was a cup semi final’ .....

it ended ‘ see you next Friday down the Molineux,  love mike x’

Edited by st albans fox