Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Match Ratings: Leicester City 0-1 Man City - Vote Now

Leicester City 0-1 Man City

You do not have permission to vote. Please login to vote.
  1. 6.5

Total Average Rating

104 votes
  2. Highest Rated Player

Kasper Schmeichel 7.9
  3. Lowest Rated Player

Jamie Vardy 5.5
  4. Manager Confidence 96% -1%

Season: 2019/20
Voting Starts: 22/02/20
Voting Ends: 27/02/20

1. Kasper Schmeichel
  2. Çağlar Söyüncü
  3. Jonny Evans
  4. Christian Fuchs
  5. Ricardo Pereira
  6. Youri Tielemans
  7. Dennis Praet
  8. James Maddison
  9. Ben Chilwell
  10. Kelechi Iheanacho
  11. Jamie Vardy
  12. Harvey Barnes (sub)
  13. Matty James (sub)
  14. Ayoze Pérez (sub)

He is our greatest ever player, but today Jamie Vardy had a shocker.

I lost count of how many promising attacks ended with him giving the ball rashly, sloppily and needlessly to the opposition. And of course he missed the sort of chance that he would have put away with his eyes closed a few months ago.

I gave him a 3. Don’t think I’ve ever marked him so low. Tielemans got a 5 but everyone else was 6 and above, with Schmeichel and Evans on 8.

• Like 1

Kasper was back to his best with his shot stopping. Soyuncu was excellent first half and we generally defended well. 

Youri had some good moments in the first half but tired massively again. Praet was good for the most part. 

Maddison non existent. Vardy very poor, nothings going right for him at the moment. 

All in all, noone was terrible.

I thought nearly every one of our players was well above average and had a very good game.

Kasper had his best game in a long time. Tielemans had perhaps his best of the season until he just died of tiredness in the last 15 minutes, Fuchs too had a great game before tiring at the end. Praet was outstanding and our best midfielder on the day. Iheanacho was the best player on the field until he was fouled out of the match. Evans above solid, Ricky great, Brarnes dynamic, Caglar was up and down, made some poor mistakes and some heroic plays. Chilly and Madders were decent without reaching the heights of the others. The only player who was below standard was Vardy, well below average and costly but I can forgive him.

Brendan set the team up well but I have to question his changes and timing. YT was out on his feet yet he took off our best midfielder of the day who still had energy and bringing Perez on with 1 minute to go was very strange, he could have come on earlier. 

Overall I thought we played a very good game and but for the refs and Vardy we'd have had 3 points not 0.

5 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Kasper was back to his best with his shot stopping. Soyuncu was excellent first half and we generally defended well. 

Youri had some good moments in the first half but tired massively again. Praet was good for the most part. 

Maddison non existent. Vardy very poor, nothings going right for him at the moment. 

All in all, noone was terrible.

Praet was mostly very competent but he wanted no part of Mahrez for the goal and gave a penalty away. Sadly that stuff massively counts and another reminder of how much we missed N'Didi. 

3 minutes ago, shanetko said:

Praet was mostly very competent but he wanted no part of Mahrez for the goal and gave a penalty away. Sadly that stuff massively counts and another reminder of how much we missed N'Didi. 

Also not sure what Fuchs was doing. Seemed to get caught out about what to do. No wonder Evans went mental, the space in where Jesus made the run was ridiculous. 

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Also not sure what Fuchs was doing. Seemed to get caught out about what to do. No wonder Evans went mental, the space in where Jesus made the run was ridiculous. 

True. Was a few of them who didn't cover themselves in glory in the lead up to the goal.