Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Toddybad

Fitter, happier, more productive

Since this epidemic really hit home I’ve been wallowing in misery, playing a lot of music, watching a lot of Netflix and playing a lot of Football Manager.

Prior to those epidemic really hitting home I was wallowing in misery, playing a lot of music, watching a lot of Netflix and playing a lot of Football Manager.

2 minutes ago, Toddybad said:

So far my improved fitness regime has seen my beer guzzling increase with no noticeable change to activity levels. Must try harder. Tomorrow.

Hard work pays tomorrow.

Being lazy pays today.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Izzy said:

No one's gonna be fitter, happier and more productive if they can't buy any fvckin food.

It has to normalise at some point. You can't stockpile most fresh ingredients for long. Maybe with stores closing and properly restocking overnight people will see full shelves and calm down. Maybe.

10 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I'm sleeping insanely well. Actually waking when the body is ready instead of that wretched 5.55am alarm. 

I'm not sure I can ever go back to the 9 to 5 grind after this shite is over. 

Yes I've been thinking the same, I know it's only very early days but I already can't imagine going back to the office. I've also found I've been more productive, there are far fewer distractions for me, and I'm not constantly clock watching for hometime. 

19 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Yes I've been thinking the same, I know it's only very early days but I already can't imagine going back to the office. I've also found I've been more productive, there are far fewer distractions for me, and I'm not constantly clock watching for hometime. 

Working at home I find I might take a longer break or stop for a bite to eat but I also find it less noticeable if I end up working past normal home time. Get loads more done when I'm on it as well.

6 minutes ago, Toddybad said:

Working at home I find I might take a longer break or stop for a bite to eat but I also find it less noticeable if I end up working past normal home time. Get loads more done when I'm on it as well.

Maybe this will change the way many of us work in the future 

• Like 2

On 18/03/2020 at 17:05, Xen said:

Going to keep running for as long as I'm able to - had a week off from marathon training but starting to get bored now without the routine. Afaik there's nothing wrong with running solo outside so I'll take whatever chance I can get - especially as we don't have a garden so otherwise I'd be confined to a flat without much natural light lol Otherwise at home I'll possibly start doing yoga and some kettlebell stuff that I've thus far been putting off. Planning on getting a dartboard and picking darts up again as well.

I'll still be working, but going to spend a lot of that time (plus some free time) making a more concerted effort to teach myself to code (Python and SAS for those wondering, plus extending my R knowledge) so hopefully when everything is back to normal I can push for a promotion that I'd been angling for, or move up elsewhere.

Undoubtedly going to be playing a lot more video games and watching TV.

I'd like to teach myself to be a better cook, too, although not sure how easy that's going to be...

I'm also coding. Picked up the programming hero app yesterday. It's pretty good. 

I've had a concept for a game in my head for a while, so going to try and build something over the coming months. 

Although I'll still be working most days as I'm a teacher and required to teach keyworker children. 

2 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

I'm sleeping insanely well. Actually waking when the body is ready instead of that wretched 5.55am alarm. 

I'm not sure I can ever go back to the 9 to 5 grind after this shite is over. 

Some of the effects on society are going to be for the better. It’s horrendous it’s going to be such an event which does that 

A few things that people can while away the time with:

- Jo Wicks doing a daily fitness thing - PE with Jo - aimed at kids every morning on his YouTube channel. Also plenty of other stuff in there for anybody else https://www.youtube.com/user/thebodycoach1

- F1 racing is doing online races using real drivers and celebrities following the rest of the season. Starts tonight at 8pm on the F1 YouTube and Facebook pages

https://www.youtube.com/user/Formula1

- Jamie Oliver doing a week of special programs giving tips on cooking in these circumstances starting Monday for a week on Channel 4. If you're stuck with a ton of stockpiled cans etc then Jack Munroe has previously made books about how to cook using them after she survived like that on benefits.

- you can use Google Street view to view the inside and pieces within several of the world best galleries and museums

https://www.buzzfeed.com/andyneuenschwander/13-museums-you-can-visit-online-during-your-quarant?utm_source=dynamic&utm_campaign=bffbbuzzfeednifty&ref=bffbbuzzfeednifty

- you can look at the globe and pick any radio station on earth based on its location using http://radio.garden/visit/leicester/Ctw9CiSm

Edited by Toddybad
  • Thanks 2

Although I'm going to be working from home, I'll have my 13 year old daughter off too so I'm hoping we can learn proper cake making together. I'm not really a baker so it will be learning for me too, and hopefully enjoyable for both of us. 

If I can get hold of the ingredients that is! 

Might even post a picture of our attempts if they're not too embarrassing :)

• Like 3

https://maps.nls.uk/geo/explore/spy/#zoom=14.182366817216328&lat=52.57489&lon=-1.13613&layers=6&b=1&r=30

Also, I came across this the other day and found it fascinating. Just move the circle over the current up to date map to see what the area looked like years ago. 

I discovered that there used to be a viaduct at Crow Mills, and that South Wigston had a railway station near the site of the college. Probably common knowledge, but I didn't really know any of the history where I live. 

Pretty random, but interesting. Well I thought so anyway 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1