Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Shortage items thread

Apologies if this has been done already but might not be a bad idea to post on here when stocks of certain shortage items become available and where. Saving people making needless trips to the supermarket or shop creating extra risks to ultimately be faced with empty shelves.

Good idea.

Although I popped into my local town earlier, and it seemed fine, tbh.

I went into Cook to grab a couple of frozen meals for the in-laws, and was the only customer there. All freezers fully stocked and staff twiddling their thumbs. (fvcking expensive, though, which is maybe why it was empty)!

Waitrose had a barrier on the door and looked like they were operating a kind of one-in-one-out policy, but there was nobody queuing.

The big out of town Tesco's still seem a bit mad, but apart from that, it looks a lot calmer down here than it did this time last week, which is a positive sign

7 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I'm rapidly running out of patience home schooling the kids. If anyone's got any spare, please let me know :thumbup:

Have they been given work by the school? My son was due to be taking his GCSEs so I'm not sure that there's anything he needs to do, and my daughter has a small amount of work so is flitting between trying to help me with the house and playing Fortnite... 

Maybe she should be doing more school work :blush:

1 minute ago, FoxesDeb said:

Have they been given work by the school? My son was due to be taking his GCSEs so I'm not sure that there's anything he needs to do, and my daughter has a small amount of work so is flitting between trying to help me with the house and playing Fortnite... 

Maybe she should be doing more school work :blush:

Yeah my 10 year old has been given loads of stuff to do, as has my 13 year old daughter. We've made a rule that it's up as normal in the morning, get changed and start working at 9am. Proper breaks and lunch time, finished by 3.15 then they can play Fortnite or whatever they do.

My daughter is boshing through her work but my son's a nightmare. Lazy little bastard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Yeah my 10 year old has been given loads of stuff to do, as has my 13 year old daughter. We've made a rule that it's up as normal in the morning, get changed and start working at 9am. Proper breaks and lunch time, finished by 3.15 then they can play Fortnite or whatever they do.

My daughter is boshing through her work but my son's a nightmare. Lazy little bastard.

My daughter was up at normal time too and she's also keen, she just doesn't seem to have been given that much to do. Having said that she did quite a bit over the weekend, I just hope they manage to update it and keep her busy 

10 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Try two primary school boys. Absolute nightmare. I'm working whilst my Mrs teaches them but inevitably I've been drafted in to get the lazy guys to do something.

1 minute ago, pds said:

Try two primary school boys. Absolute nightmare. I'm working whilst my Mrs teaches them but inevitably I've been drafted in to get the lazy guys to do something.

I don't envy you guys with primary age children. I'm lucky that mine are old enough to sort themselves out and I can work in peace. 

I'm sure I've read before that home schooling means that the children only have to study for a shorter amount of time, probably due to the increased attention they get rather than at school, but don't hold me to it. 

1 minute ago, FoxesDeb said:

I don't envy you guys with primary age children. I'm lucky that mine are old enough to sort themselves out and I can work in peace. 

I'm sure I've read before that home schooling means that the children only have to study for a shorter amount of time, probably due to the increased attention they get rather than at school, but don't hold me to it. 

Yeah, we've been sent a work timetable for both of them which is really useful. Worked through until about 2pm now they're chilling out and I'm actually getting some work done.

2 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Pretty sure you need to pop into boots and get some sleeping pills.

I find that alcohol numbs the pain that is children pretty well too. Genuinely getting nervous that we might actually have a wine shortage, but @Swan Lestagave me a bit of hope when he said the brewery would be delivering to him directly. Must get on to a vineyard... 

• Haha 1

Just now, Swan Lesta said:

I've just reread my message and I think it could sound like I was being sarcastic, but I really wasn't. 

Majestic, are they the wine warehouse people? Honestly I need wine in my life, maybe I actually need AA more though given that I have genuinely been getting a bit panicky about it running out :blush:

5 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree lol

I imagine your folks said the same in 1987-89 ;)

My folks still maintain that I fvcked up at school because I was 'hanging out with the wrong crowd'

i.e. YOU!

• Haha 4

53 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

I find that alcohol numbs the pain that is children pretty well too. Genuinely getting nervous that we might actually have a wine shortage, but @Swan Lestagave me a bit of hope when he said the brewery would be delivering to him directly. Must get on to a vineyard... 

I was on about drugging the children with sleeping pills, booze is still an option.

2 hours ago, shanetko said:

Apologies if this has been done already but might not be a bad idea to post on here when stocks of certain shortage items become available and where. Saving people making needless trips to the supermarket or shop creating extra risks to ultimately be faced with empty shelves.

I usually shop at Aldi but their supplies of almost every essential item has been nothing short of abysmal for the last few weeks. I've made two trips to Shelthorpe Tesco in as many weeks and have got everything I need on both occasions with no bother at all (except baked beans). Went earlier an hour after opening, they had eggs, pasta, meat, toilet roll, soap, vegetables, frozen stuff, no problem whatsoever. Bit light on cleaning stuff but still some availability. The nearby Aldi have had next to none of these items since the stockpiling began