Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Dingbats !

4 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

External protection with output links to a speech dialler linked to phone showing location via camera and also linked to floodlights ..

How times have changed 

Back in the day a chastity belt would have done the job 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Strokes said:

Is it there to sense movement?

Catch question ! ...   not a pir, just a beam that detects any break in it ...    :D

All finally installed  and tested now ...   cables buried, hidden or painted and just a few technical snagging points to iron out when it’s been up and running for a few days.  Seems to work a treat ...  trigger, phone pings and a video clip pops up of 5 seconds before and after the event  ...  if during darkness the floodlights come on too.   

Couple of pics,  one attached to a tree and one on the side of a shed ...  with a bit of olive drab paint on the conduit ...  

983EE307-C4CA-485A-A6E1-3ED9F4340DC6.jpeg

E579903C-A278-4FD1-B429-EF631A4E5EDE.jpeg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Catch question ! ...   not a pir, just a beam that detects any break in it ...    :D

All finally installed  and tested now ...   cables buried, hidden or painted and just a few technical snagging points to iron out when it’s been up and running for a few days.  Seems to work a treat ...  trigger, phone pings and a video clip pops up of 5 seconds before and after the event  ...  if during darkness the floodlights come on too.   

Couple of pics,  one attached to a tree and one on the side of a shed ...  with a bit of olive drab paint on the conduit ...  

Fair play mate, I’m glad you found time to go to your second home to set up security :ph34r:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Do you live with the Queen or something? Got a lot of land? I genuinely have no idea but would be jealous if you had a lot of land. I would love to have a lot of space but the missus doesnt want to live in more farm roomy land. Sigh. 

7 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Do you live with the Queen or something? Got a lot of land? I genuinely have no idea but would be jealous if you had a lot of land. I would love to have a lot of space but the missus doesnt want to live in more farm roomy land. Sigh. 

Bugger my secrets out !! ...   I am the Queen ...  and I’ve been a lifelong City fan ..   not even Phil and the kids know !

Was helping a neighbour (who does own a few acres) and wanted his security beefing up ..   so got a couple of friends involved and did it for him ...  one was a security engineer, one was a sparky, ..   and one dug out channels for the cables, pinned them to the wall, drilled through walls and fished the cabling into the house ...    I’ll let you guess which one I was ...   :D

Oh ! ...   and I posted a few clever arse comments on here that I’d asked the security bloke about to show off to @Strokes cus I know that’s his line of work ...   :thumbup:     Keeps me amused ! ...  

3 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Bugger my secrets out !! ...   I am the Queen ...  and I’ve been a lifelong City fan ..   not even Phil and the kids know !

Was helping a neighbour (who does own a few acres) and wanted his security beefing up ..   so got a couple of friends involved and did it for him ...  one was a security engineer, one was a sparky, ..   and one dug out channels for the cables, pinned them to the wall, drilled through walls and fished the cabling into the house ...    I’ll let you guess which one I was ...   :D

Oh ! ...   and I posted a few clever arse comments on here that I’d asked the security bloke about to show off to @Strokes cus I know that’s his line of work ...   :thumbup:     Keeps me amused ! ...  

Were you the photographer? :)

Nice, i enjoy doing projects like that. I work in IT /Healthcare IT  with a math background but have always been interested in fixing things, building and gardening. Get it from my dad he was a machinist/tool and die worker and we built everything at home to perfection. Him and his micrometer and tools. It's not easy work at all but there is something about doing a "mans" job (as my dad would say). Pride? Ah well, nice job and good on you for helping out a neighbour!

• Like 1